aok         Town      Double Agent, jamb
lukesci      Town      Key Person         Day 4 culprit
Troy         Town      Killer         
Tin         Town      Psychiatrist
isaacg      Town      Psychiatrist
ksedlar      Town      Psychiatrist
brunnerj      Town      Psychiatrist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:51 am 
Please double-check that the town has a provable win if they know all of this, and let me know if you think they don't.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:03 pm 
So, Troy + lynch takes out both mafia Killers before they can kill any townies. Town's day 2 lynch can remove pravinas to avoid day 3 mafia win. However, I think mafia can force a win day 4:

the mafia CTs give 1 paranoia to blumberg and 2 to lukesci on day 1. Then day 1 culprit triggers, which makes lukesci have 4 paranoia, and he can't die or else town loses, so day 4 triggers. With 6 mafia, we can't all be killed on day 4, so one of us votes for a townie, and mafia wins....

what's wrong with this logic?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:05 pm 
Also, lol @ how wrong I was when messaged Pesto with a predicted role distribution yesterday... it was like, 5 mafia, of whom 3 are killers and 1 is CT, and 10 town including 2 key people, 4 DAs, 2 CTs, 1 psych, 1 killer.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:08 pm 
I remain convinced that town has a provable win if they know everything (and you have at least one error in your logic), but I think you'll have more fun figuring it out than having me spoil the solution. (I'll spoil it later if necessary.)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:11 pm 
Aww crap, forgot the new rule about lukesci getting a gun if he gets 3 goodwill. (He only gets one shot though iirc?) Does that really fix it though? 2 town kills + 3 lynches is not enough to get rid of 6 mafia and pravinas.

If anyone else sees it let me know.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:13 pm 
You're one step closer now. :)

(Yes, the key person's unlocked gun is only one shot.)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:18 pm 
Oh... multiple lynches in one night?

Seems hard to orchestrate since Mafia can sway the vote away from a tie...

Will think on this later (class now).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:27 pm 
Ok, the earliest that Luke can unlock his gun is day 3, because there's only one townie DA so Luke can get at most 2 goodwill per night. I think this means that every night, there are enough mafia alive to mess with the lynch vote so town would have trouble lynching two mafia even if they tried to keep it secret which two they were going to lynch...

Also, I don't really understand how I (as key person) would ever be proven bad relative to lukesci; even if town figures out that one of us is scum, how will they know which? I guess if one of us gets a gun from 3 goodwill and kills a townie with it that'd do it, but frankly I'd be perfectly happy to kill a mafia with the gun if it'll make me look better (assuming we can still win that loop).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:34 pm 
Two psychiatrist-3 questions would do it:
(jamb AND mafia) OR killer: too big
killer: not too big.

Also non-mechanical things (the game would be boring if it were solvable purely mechanically!).

A simpler reason that town can't rely on multiple executions in one night: one mafia voting for one of tied people would break the tie.

In the future, I'll respond to questions like this only with either "You've missed something and the game is unbroken" or a fix.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:59 pm 
achester wrote:
Two psychiatrist-3 questions would do it:
(jamb AND mafia) OR killer: too big
killer: not too big.

Also non-mechanical things (the game would be boring if it were solvable purely mechanically!).

A simpler reason that town can't rely on multiple executions in one night: one mafia voting for one of tied people would break the tie.

In the future, I'll respond to questions like this only with either "You've missed something and the game is unbroken" or a fix.

Yeah good point. Darn psychiatrists.

Anyway, hopefully we can mess with them via our claimed psychiatrists.

Are you implying that my townie role-playing will be anything short of flawless? :)

Also, that wasn't a question for you so much as my compatriots; naturally you shouldn't give us all the answers :P

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:14 pm 
(A note for any spectators: Tragedy Looper scenarios give the mafia-equivalent a few paragraphs of advice before the game, and I consider myself free to do the same.)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:19 pm 
OHHHHHH I SEE WHY DAY 2 CULPRIT MATTERS AT ALL

I *have* to be alive at the end of game, or else town loses, since I'm a KP. At first this realization confused me because then I can just vote for Luke and we win. But then I remembered I'm day 2 culprit so my vote counts against stuff instead of for it!!!

That means town needs to kill only 5 mafia and pravinas with 3 lynches, 1 town killer kill, and 1 KP kill... I'm almost there but I don't quite see it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:36 pm 
To be clear, Luke doesn't get a second gun if he gets to 6 goodwill, etc., right?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:56 pm 
Oh, for god's sake.

Pravina suicides by not "boo"ing anyone.