Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: General Discussion Day 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:03 pm 
We should all post our role claims. If you don't think you would have posted right away if you weren't being reminded here, then don't post until you think you would have done it anyway!

I believe we are all claiming psychiatrist except:
- Jackie will be truthfully claiming key person.
- I will be truthfully claiming conspiracy theorist.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:04 pm 
Does anybody know why aok is claiming to be body doubling for Pravina (rather than Jackie?)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:24 pm 
Lol he seems to have retracted it. Way to go aok, sketchy as usual :P

Probably he was hoping to catch me in a lie? (If I see that no one's claimed me, maybe I'll pretend I'm not a key person?) Or maybe to catch pravinas in a lie... Who knows. I don't think he must have thought the rules through very well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:48 pm 
Right, and of course you're not supposed to know that aok is protecting you (but you know that somebody is on day 1, based on the rules, right?)

Speaking of which, it is absolutely critical that nobody demonstrates role knowledge that they're not supposed to have (e.g. almost everything that we know!)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:59 pm 
What role knowledge? I found out an hour ago that I'm a KP, which is awesome... is there something else I should know? :P

++

Also, dgrazian, don't forget to post your role claim while you're at it :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:46 pm 
jamb wrote:
What role knowledge? I found out an hour ago that I'm a KP, which is awesome... is there something else I should know? :P

++

:twisted:

And yeah, I was deliberately waiting a bit to post my role. I don't think it really makes a difference, though.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:39 am 
I'm planning on posting my role claim in the town square in a day or two. I figure that if I had been innocent, I would probably not have noticed the game starting until around then in any case.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:45 am 
And, naturally, at that time I will claim psychiatrist.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:33 am 
In regard to Troy's intro, shoot. I was really hoping he'd only ever be at the house in the evenings. This is gonna make it hard for K1 to kill aok day 1 before Troy can kill K1.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:28 pm 
Wow, talking to isaacg is hard. I don't think he suspects me, and I certainly don't suspect him, but it takes a LOT of mental effort to remember what I'm supposed to know about game.

In particular, giving advice that's actually bad but might seem good if I had less information is REALLY HARD. I'm mostly just accidentally giving good advice.

Also, isaacg has a lot of great ideas about how to use his psychiatrist power, so it's a good thing that we have more mafia among the "psychiatrists" than anyone would expect. I'm worried that he's going to organize the paranoiaing / psychiatrist Qs sufficiently well that town will figure out who all the mafia are.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:51 pm 
Can we kill Josh before game starts? He's making annoyingly good points :/

(pointed out to Katie that KPs aren't necessarily good, figured out that there are 6 mafia, rough idea of how game will go)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:32 pm 
It is definitely hard, but you can do it! We all can!

I wish we could kill people before day start.

Definitely don't panick about people guessing some things. Their beliefs are likely to be changeable, and they need to know almost EVERYTHING to win (right?)

Town will inevitably learn a lot fairly quickly. A number of us will be caught fairly quickly. We just need to make sure we minimize their knowledge as much as we can.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:50 am 
I claimed psychiatrist.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:16 pm 
Is there a special logician hell reserved for people who don't point out logic flaws when they see them?

Argh keeping my mouth shut is so hard.

Most recently: Pravinas neglects the fact that mafia could have an extra CT who's hidden, so even if all public CTs use two paranoia, there could still be a mafia culprit who gets extra paranoia. (In fact, it would be great if we could exploit this to "prove" me not day 2 culprit, by having a mafia CT put paranoia on me privately and then concluding it must be one of the two town paranoia targets...)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:22 pm 
I'm a bit sad they figured out the hard limit of 2 mafia killers so fast. It's going to make it harder to frame someone for killing me (because eventually we'll get into a beef where there are 3 claimed people killing KPs). Ex. if adam kills aok and me on loop 1, adam gets outed; dylan kills me loop 2, and I blame isaac; on loop 3, isaac and adam both die day 1, and I'm like crap who do I blame for killing me on day 2? That's literally a beef with myself. Which is bad. I think if we get into this situation, even though we have a killer alive we're gonna have to win via CT so it looks like those are indeed the true mafia killers.

Or, y'know, just out me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:26 pm 
ksedlar wrote:
I forget if this was said, but town's pattern needs to be:
D1: lynch mafia killer
D2: lynch C3
D3: lynch C4

If mafia have a CT and a DA, then on day 1 the mafia DA can banana bread C4, and the CT can boo C1 and C3. So unless there is no mafia CT or DA (unlikely), town MUST kill the day 3 and 4 culprits. There may be extra kills needs via Troy / KP with guns, but this is the minimum.

Gotta love Katie. Such beautiful smart conclusions that lead town in the wrong direction <3

I find it endlessly amusing that town's optimal strategy does not include lynching the C3 OR the C4.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:03 pm 
For Katie's goodwill voting plan, I *think*:

1) CT1 has a 50% chance of being outed (iff they're paired with a town P). But even if they're paired with a mafia P, I think that P should claim honestly and get into a beef with CT1, since CT1 will be outed soon anyway, and we'd rather have the mafia P look good.

2) I don't see how they're going to get much info from the block-of-3-psychiatrists-voting-for-P4-and-P5. There'll be, what, a 4-way beef? If anyone feels like explaining this to me it'd be much appreciated.

3) We won't have much time to figure out claims once the votes are submitted, so (if possible) let's try to do that early. If in doubt about what you should claim as to whether you received a goodwill, I think P4/P5 should lie and P1/2/3/6 should be honest.

Also, for the execution voting, votes are anonymous, so maybe we might as well all vote as a bloc to execute Luke? If by chance we have townies who aren't submitting their votes, this could be an easy win :P
(By Luke, I mean, either jamb or luke, let's flip a coin.)
Unfortunately this would reveal how many mafia there are and be unlikely to work. Maybe we should have 5 people vote for luke, so it looks like there are exactly 5 mafia? Somehow I don't think town would buy that...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:45 am 
What's the effect of my (DA) votes for Goodwill counting twice?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:02 am 
Your votes for the first tiebreaker count twice as much as other mafia votes for that tiebreaker.