Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 1
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:18 am 
Checklist:

A - DP boos someone privately. DONE (to me at 9:00).
B - DG boos Lotta.
C - ABY bangs me privately.
D - DHH bangs me privately.

Killers: when is convenient? I can meet you anywhere on campus between 12:30 and 14:00 today. Or I can be working in Icebox alone later tonight and you can find me.

Post subject: Re: Day 1
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:26 am 
I had an amusing conversation with Josh this morning. He thinks we should boo as few people as possible because booing lots helps the mafia, which is true but for all the wrong reasons.

He thinks mafia are going to use this to trigger the day 3 event so then all the mafia will stay undercover and not have to make kills. In order to make up for the fact that our killers will die day 2 if they don't kill, he thinks we'll also have our CTs not make boos so that they die day 2, and town can't tell who's a killer and who's a CT.

I was trying to convince him that we should go with Katie's plan to boo lots of people, so I pointed out that it's really bad for the mafia to out all their CTs and all their Ks, even if town doesn't know which is which, but he doesn't believe me. Josh thinks it doesn't matter at all if mafia CTs get outed. (To be fair, he doesn't know that town will have to find and kill all the mafia.) I also pointed out that town gets much more info from Katie's plan. He still doesn't believe that it's a good idea. This is annoying because, even though I'm giving him terrible advice, it should be good advice from his perspective...

Anyway, if aok also realizes how good Katie's plan is for mafia (which I think he might) the two of them together will certainly put a stop to it, which will be sad. On the plus side dgrazian can still trigger the day 1 event, it's just more obvious who the culprit and MCT are.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:51 pm 
jamb, I will bang you in Icebox later tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:20 pm 
Great, thanks ABY!

Hey Dylan now would be a great time to come bang me in Icebox. I'm here until I leave for the 19:00 van run.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:27 pm 
(A) and (D) are now done.

(D) happened at 18:26.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:10 pm 
(C) happened at 20:03 in Icebox.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:50 pm 
Do we know yet what we are doing with the goodwill and lynch votes? I want to go to bed, but I haven't voted :(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:25 pm 
Should I come over to ET? I could make it over before day end, but I'm pretty tired. :-(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:30 pm 
lilychen wrote:
Should I come over to ET? I could make it over before day end, but I'm pretty tired. :-(

Lily- if you don't want to come, I don't think it's necessary.

Dpalumbo- I have no idea I'm sorry :( are you still awake? Last I heard we were going to have Troy assign who votes for what. If you don't vote that'll be fine too. Though, maybe we want to vote Luke for execution (not goodwill) in case we can sow enough confusion to win lynch? If we do that though you'll have to vote someone for paranoia, because it'll be obvious you voted...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:45 pm 
Still awake, will go to bed after day end, so let me know if a consensus is reached.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:11 pm 
dpalumbo wrote:
Still awake, will go to bed after day end, so let me know if a consensus is reached.

Okay, default to not voting and you can claim later you forgot / weren't paying attention.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:12 pm 
What's the status of the in-person discussion at ET? Are people deciding on who everyone should vote for?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:16 pm 
The ordering of P1-P8 is now on a tab of the spreadsheet. It might be nice if you just pretend not to be paying attention / don't vote? We might move you (Lily) to the back of the ordering.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:26 pm 
Ok, I'll pretend to not be paying attention.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:41 pm 
Katie just told me I should be voting for Isaacg for goodwill, and nolynch. Any objections?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:49 pm 
Dpalumbo: Vote isaacg for goodwill, and claim to vote no execution, but actually vote jamb for execution.

It's a long shot but we might as well have 5 MAFIA VOTE FOR JAMB, to make town think there are only 5. That's all mafia except Lily.

Lily is the exception - she should not vote at all (thus voting for herself for both) and claim not to have been paying attention.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:52 pm 
Rules note: double agents' execution votes count double, so this would show up as two votes for her.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:53 pm 
Oh shit then I guess I should vote, right?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:54 pm 
if things stay the way they are, everyone claim goodwill honestly. (In particular Lily gets in a beef with dgrazian which is good.)

Pesto - that's consistent with if she doesn't pay attention, right?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:54 pm 
Won't it look weird if I show up with 2 votes for me?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:57 pm 
Now voting for jamb to execute, and adamyedidia for goodwill

I voted jamb for execution, noone for goodwill..

Tell me asap if I Should change this back to not voting.

That's consistent with a _double agent_ who's not paying attention, yes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:58 pm 
Someone who gets a regular (not doubled) vote should probably vote to lynch me? to maintain the illusion that I'm a psychiatrist who neglected to vote?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:58 pm 
lilychen wrote:
Someone who gets a regular (not doubled) vote should probably vote to lynch me? to maintain the illusion that I'm a psychiatrist who neglected to vote?

I will.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:10 pm 
Anyone who gets a goodwill (this should just be dylan) claim honestly, pick a random question from the posted list (preferably not a terribly useful one but one that looks good-ish), and answer it honestly.

For purposes of figuring out what the answer should be, check who got paranoia; hopefully someone kept track of this?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:35 pm 
Durr, why do I have 3 paranoia?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:36 pm 
Lily - 2 from d1c, 1 from being booed via the clock proxy because you weren't available. (You were randomly selected as one of the boo targets.) Claim 3. (Probably wait to tomorrow to be posting anything on town square :P)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:37 pm 
Also, GREAT job everyone.

Dgrazian in particular ACED the acting, that was SPECTACULAR!!! I can't believe nobody tried to last minute lynch you :D

Also nice play in making it look like Lily's def not a DA.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:51 pm 
Sorry, I wasn't watching mafia den, so I didn't vote to lynch Jackie. I don't think it matters much.