Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 2
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:35 pm 
A) K1 kills jamb privately. (We'll need to frame someone - ksedlar??)

B) K2 kills dgrazian privately. (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO THIS BEFORE TROY CAN. Otherwise, I'm basically outed, sad face.)

C) dpalumbo boos someone privately.

D) figure out how y'all want to run the lynch votes / goodwill votes / goodwill claims tomorrow. I'll be dead and not helping with this.

E) figure out who looks sketchiest in alibis for my death, and tell me who to claim killed me. (I'll have to claim immediately that night at 23:00 when I come back to life, and I won't be able to discuss with y'all beforehand, but I can read what you write.) (Pesto, confirm that these are the rules for dead mafia involvement?)

F) Figure out who dgrazian should claim killed him.

For E and F, multiple possibilities up to discretion of person are fine. It's also fine for the killers we're claiming to actually be mafia, as long as they're not actual killers, and as long as they claimed P. Maybe RNG this?

Please make sure this all happens!!!

Post subject: Re: Day 2
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:48 pm 
I confirm that those are the rules for dead mafia involvement.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:54 pm 
Am I K1 or K2?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:10 pm 
dylanhen wrote:
Am I K1 or K2?

Whichever one works better. Can you both post times you'd be available to kill me or DG? Bonus points if you'd have a good alibi or if many other people don't. We could also do it at ET but that's harder.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:35 pm 
Theres nothing stopping me from booing myself each day right?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:37 am 
Are we even bothering to conceal the fact that I am Mafia at this point? It might get some more psychiatrist effort wasted. And uncertainty is unhealthy for the town.

But if not, I can meet a killer wherever convenient to get killed.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:36 am 
I'm free on campus 12-1230, 14-15, and 16-17. I'll be in w20 12-1230 and wherever the other times

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:41 am 
Dgrazian- maybe we can keep enough doubt that Troy won't kill you until after we can kill you?

Dpalumbo- good point, you can boo yourself. I forgot. Be sure to message pesto if you do.

Everyone- Isaac outlined our day 2 strategy to me last night while I was pretending to be half asleep and doped up on NyQuil. (I am doped up on NyQuil, but it hadn't kicked in then.) He's concluded that either Mafia killers could bang a mafia KP on day 1, or they'll have to kill someone day 2, and the best target for the latter is dgrazian. Therefore, he thinks Troy should kill dgrazian. I'm annoyed because now even if we do this I look bad for using the strategy that he told me about, even though in reality I thought of it before :( if we don't do it I certainly look Mafia though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:44 am 
I'm free now-11, 12:30-15:00.

It's also a possibility for me to drive you over to wherever the heck dgrazian works during 14:00-15:00? This would be one way to win the race condition. Thoughts?

The only problem is killing me in a way we can frame people. I think Isaac looks REALLY sketchy right now for following me around, and Katie would be sketching me out for wanting day 1 incident to happen, so either is a great frame.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:50 am 
I could meet you anywhere on campus between 14 and 15. If you're with Isaac, you could leave to go to the "bathroom," and his story will sound like "I was with Jackie, and then she left the room for 30 seconds and was dead when she came back," which isn't very believable.

Also, just checking: you aren't bang-immune, right? Who is Lily doubling?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:00 am 
I am, in fact, not bang immune. Lily can't double anyone, she has 3 paranoia and no goodwill.

Here are the schedules for today (only "psychiatrists" matter for alibis):

lilychen not on campus
isaacg 11-12 and 14-15:30
dpalumbo 11-12:30 and 14-15:30
ksedlar 11-14
AdamY ???
brunnerj at ET all day
Tin 19-22

So, I can't be with isaacg 14-15, but we could probably frame ksedlar if you come kill me at Random. I usually go to random for lunch and stay there until 15, so this is plausible. We should do this slightly later in the hour so I have a chance to check she's there. Then again framing ksedlar is risky bc people trust her.... on the other hand we need people NOT to trust her.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:12 am 
I wouldn't worry too much about that. It's something that a general Mafia team would likely do regardless.

When do we want to have me killed? Is there much benefit from having me killed near the end of the day (so that the town can't react with psy questions?) Town has been pretty bad about asking people whether they're dead.

I think I'd prefer to have it happen at least a bit earlier than that, so that we don't risk problems relating to being rushed.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:17 am 
Death announcements will be posted at end of day, and townies have all night to submit psych questions, so I don't think that'll do anything?

You should be killed whenever Adam can do it. But, preferably not when all the squares people are gone? Unless you think this helps with framing someone in particular. Still, we don't want to narrow it down too much. Adam, my offer stands to drive you (or dylan) over to dgrazian's office after 12:30 today (before 2:00 so I can go to random and die), if you're interested. (I'm not sure where that is?)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:23 am 
Reasons ksedlar is a great person to frame:

1) if she makes a kill she could *conceivably* be a hidden key person who got a gun (there was discussion about this yesterday and how the P who gets banana breaded could be banana breaded again privately and thus get to 3 goodwill by day 2)

2) she's being excessively good for town and we don't want them to trust her

3) she'll be around random at the time of my death

4) she'll look bad already for having deliberately tried to set off d1c

5) she trusts pravina and is in a 3-way 2-of-these-are-mafia beef, so framing her messes with last night's goodwill results

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:36 am 
Am I going to random at 14 to do this?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:45 am 
I'd say 14:15 is optimal - ksedlar will almost certainly be back by then, and aok certainly won't be back by then to alibi her. Isaac has class at 14:00 so if you wait until 14:15 you hopefully won't run into him on your way to random. (Though, he's not here now, so idk where he is.)

I recommend getting to pecker via basement --> back stairwell, if you can manage that. Minimize NP contact.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:55 am 
Also, message me on gchat before you come to Pecker, so I can warn you if there's someone else unexpectedly around.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:20 pm 
In regard to (B), this SERIOUSLY needs to happen before Troy can do it. Isaac has already thought of the fact that Troy should do this, and even if he never posts about it on town square, he'll almost certainly have messaged Troy about it... this is SO important it might be worth dgrazian getting off the safe ride a stop early and coming in the back door to get killed or sth like that.

If you absolutely can't do it without outing yourself, then fine, I'll just be outed instead, but I'd much prefer not to be outed yet.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:23 pm 
For (D), lily, are you going to be around tonight? It would be good to have as many people as possible at ET thinking about the goodwill questions / voting plans.

I'll probably have gone to sleep by then because I'm sick and exhausted, and will be a ghost anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:16 pm 
Yup, I'll come to ET tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:46 pm 
(A) postponed due to aok being with ksedlar instead of in class :(

I'm still alive. New plan is dying at 17:00.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:59 pm 
Adam, what's your schedule looking like today? We need you to kill me me! :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:03 pm 
Jackie are you still alive? Dylan or Jackie, please let us know as soon as Jackie is dead.

I'm arranging with Adam a time for him to kill me. He'll probably just kill me on campus. But some intelligence about who might have an alibi when would be quite helpful.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:08 pm 
I just killed jackie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:13 pm 
Where/when?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:14 pm 
Also, are most thetans well-alibied right now? Adam and I need to find a decently convenient time/place for him to kill me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:39 pm 
Is dgrazian dead yet? Josh saw the two of you and told me you were doing something sketchy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:47 pm 
Josh says he saw adam kill dgrazian.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:48 pm 
That's not good...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:48 pm 
We should probably try to convince them that it was josh, and he's trying to frame adam.