Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:58 am 
Shoot shoot shoot. Ksedlar just named the exact set of Mafia. (Conditional on isaacg being good, and assuming that Josh is honest about the beef with Adam.)

This means we absolutely need to create confusing beefs between townies. Here's a sketchy idea for how to do so:

Yesterday in acting class, I talked to Ethan DiNinno, told him I was going to die after class, and requested that if anyone asked him, he say that ksedlar killed me. (I told him not to volunteer the information unless asked. I figured there was no harm in it because even if he told ksedlar about this, I was planning to be framing her anyway; Ethan did not see who actually killed me.) I considered messaging him and changing to isaacg, but I think it's actually better if we leave it at ksedlar.

Suppose someone thinks to check with Ethan, and he tells them, "I didn't notice Jackie dying, but I do remember seeing ksedlar and saying hi to her as I was leaving the building." From ksedlar's / my perspective, this looks like Isaac prepped Ethan; from anyone else's perspective it looks like that, OR like nobody bothered to talk to Ethan and ksedlar was the actual killer. Hopefully it won't occur to anyone that the mafia would prep an NP to frame someone other than the person that they're framing?

This would depend a lot on Ethan so I'd need to email him again and check that he's still willing to lie for me (plus give him a more precise lie to tell).

There would also need to be a plausible reason someone would check with Ethan; perhaps I'll mention offhandedly that I'm working with him on a project for acting class (which is true) and people will remember that I died outside acting class.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:59 am 
Second desperation mode idea - the smite thingy that I mentioned in another thread where I fake getting smited and actually just get killed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:06 pm 
I think we should do both of these. The fake smiting has to wait until tomorrow, since you're immune.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:06 pm 
We also need to be more aggressive about claiming goodwill and making multi-way beefs out of it instead of passively saying true but useless things.

And finally don't forget we can mess with the spreadsheet (at least until they figure it out) ;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:07 pm 
dylanhen wrote:
I think we should do both of these. The fake smiting has to wait until tomorrow, since you're immune.

Yes, fake smiting would be tomorrow (unless we manage to get Troy to kill isaac tonight, and thus we can win the lynch, so it'd be loop 3).

Do you think the Ethan thing stands a chance of working? / being plausible?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:11 pm 
If Ethan goes along with it, it will at least make town very confused, and possibly create beef between Isaac and (Katie and Jackie). I don't think it can make things any worse for us.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:17 pm 
Okay, I will email Ethan and ask if he's still willing to lie.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:21 pm 
Another idea: I could try making "verbal slip-ups" while I'm alone with isaac; I don't think he thinks I would bother to lie to him about my being mafia, since we're in a beef, and so I could "accidentally" mention something about katie killing me while I gloat about how we framed him. (This could even be as simple as saying "she"; I think ksedlar, pravinas, and lily are the only other people with female pronouns in game.)

This would probably be really hard because I doubt I could do this convincingly and I might make some real slip-ups while I'm at it. (That's why it's in the "Desperation" thread.) Tips appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:33 pm 
Katie probably already has another spreadsheet shared with people she trusts.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:38 pm 
lilychen wrote:
Katie probably already has another spreadsheet shared with people she trusts.

Good point. We might as well start screwing ours up a little now, then? While Katie doesn't fully know who to trust?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:47 pm 
In case anyone cares, I sent the following email:

==================

Hi Ethan,

Are you still willing to lie for me? Mafia situation is really desperate right now, and I think the game will be much more intriguing for everyone involved if you help out. It would be a really simple lie, something along the lines of "I didn't notice Jackie dying, but I do remember seeing ksedlar and saying hi to her as I was leaving Kresge."

I know I said it probably wouldn't come up, but given the ugly turn of events in the last day, I'd like to subtly direct some people toward asking you; I wouldn't do it without your consent. If you want, I'd be happy to bake you cookies or something after game :)

In case you're wondering, this is a weird variant of mafia where dead people come back to life and shenanigans happen, which is why I can talk to you (or anyone) about this. If you're willing to lie for us, I can tell you a little bit more about the rough situation we're in.

Thanks! See you tomorrow,

Jackie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:49 pm 
(If he says yes, I'll explain that I'm claiming it's isaac, so he'll know why I'll pretend to get mad at him when he says ksedlar)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:58 pm 
Ethan said yes!

I'm going to casually mention (while at ET tonight in Front Rooms) that I'm emailing Ethan regarding a group project in acting class. Can one of you make sure to be in earshot so you can say hey, didn't you die outside of acting class? Do you know if Ethan saw it? And I'll be like, I doubt it, but you could ask. (Or, y'know, something less contrived - suggestions? It's optimal if we get townies to point this out.)

Also, Isaac got tired of me continuing to lie to him and say he killed me even when we're alone together (I was legitimately not sure if he had gotten ksedlar to wait and listen around the corner). So probably I won't be making any slips to Isaac.