Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Loop 1 Day 1 thoughts
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:12 pm 
Things went mostly as expected until the last few minutes, when the town changed its goodwill voting scheme. This denied the mafia the chance to plan properly (if they'd had time, they probably should have had dgrazian, who was going to be outed anyway, vote for isaacg, which would have kept town from figuring out that two of dylanhen, dpalumbo, and ksedlar are mafia, which I think is about a whole loop's worth of extra information).

Also, most choices of random permutations of the psychiatrist wouldn't've given the town nearly as much information as this one did. Also, this was the only real chance for the town to get so big a swing from goodwill voting, because later on when more mafia are outed from other things they can meddle with the town's voting schemes.

Anyway, a really, really significant 10 minutes for town, although no one realizes just how significant yet. (People think the biggest deal was dgrzian's outing, but that was going to happen anyway.) My predicted outcome is down from a close game to a town win on loop 5 or 6.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:22 pm 
Also, if adamyedidia had claimed to have gotten goodwill, the town would have much less and more confusing information. The swinginess of the first day's goodwill voting is a flaw in my game design, but well done, town!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:32 pm 
psychiatrists should get better at coordinating so they don't all ask the same questions.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:09 pm 
Yeah that was amusing to watch. Also a bit painful.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:41 pm 
Last post should probably have gone here or something. Anyway, mafia should switch who lily and aby vote for to execute. That way town can't figure out who the mafia da is.

I'm also really curious as to what Daniel and Jackie are going to claim.