Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Day four
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:42 am 
Although it may be risky, I think (possibly) it might be a good idea to meet in person; we could plan much more efficiantly and work out a strategy to use the rest if game. I'm not sure how we would pull it off without arousing any suspicion, though...

Also, what happened last night to get one of us lynched?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:55 am 
I'm not sure if it's worth it. I'm also busy, but we could try.

I think killing Alex would be a bad idea since he's now under suspicion. jfrisch and Steven Valdez both still seem to be good targets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:42 am 
Jwu got lynched because Rob was vehemently against lynching her on day 1 when the suggestion came up, thus pulling her down with him.

I would be cautious of killing Jfrish because I think he might be Dgrazian's inspector based on him pulling Dgrazian off into corners shortly after Dgrazian told the inspector to inspect Rob. If this is true, there's a good chance he has the medkit, since people (I don't remember who said this) have been saying that the Inspector has received the medkit.

Also, Lydia passed off her Mic/Receiver to Jacobian, just so everyone knows. She told me just before she was lynched.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:08 pm 
I think Alex is more likely to be inspector. Maybe consider using a hitman on one of them? (If it's jfrisch, I can probably set this up, just give me some advance warnng.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:16 pm 
I think that Daniel has better intuition than Alex, but I do not think that there is any more information that he can get right now. He also trusts two of us (krue and me) quite a bit. If Austin is actually the politician, then Alex might get lynched.

Xavier and I are the only ones who know that the inspector has the medkit. This information is not on the main forum.

With regards to the Jwu lynch mob, Daniel talked to me in person and I could not come up with a reasonable alternative. That does not mean that the other mafia members should also vote for Jwu. We do not need to vote as a bloc. My usual mafia strategy is to act as a townsperson who has a gut feeling that all mafia members are innocent but will not admit it. I think that's why it is hard to distinguish from my town play :twisted: .

The hitman is the only way to take out the medkit without losing a mafia member. We probably do not want to use it unless we are sure. I could talk to jfrisch about who the inspector is, but it might be suspicious if I do not kill him immediately afterwards. I probably will not have time to even do that until game break. Synchronicity takes up too much of my time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:05 pm 
So, about sync: it's a pretty good way to get people off on their own. Which of the sync/mafia players is a good target, assuming we get a good opportunity. And it won't exactly be news that at least one mafia is playing sync...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:04 pm 
earlier today, i met with kezi in my room, explained the rules to her, and gave her paper to make a fake ID. (lawl)

i just met with crockt, kezi and dgrazian in maseeh for a little over an hour, to rip up ID's and to chat for a bit. dgrazian did most of the talking - i'll summarize the important points:
- it was dgrazian himself who, on the third day, looked at his notes from rob's dialogue the first night and suddenly realized that jwu would be a pretty good lynch target. dgrazian considers this to be a pretty good proof of his own innocence - if he were mafia, this move would have come out of nowhere and would have been completely unnecessary.
- if there is no kill, austin is the man to lynch. but dgrazian seemed confident that the mafia would make a kill tonight.
- i don't think any of the three of us made him suspicious, but the point did come up in conversation that random might have a dearth of mafia (which i had originally brought up on the forum.)
- i asked dgrazian if he had direct or indirect contact with his shadow inspector. he declined to answer but i don't think i made him suspicious.
- after crockct left, dgrazian asked if kezi or i had any special information. kezi kinda shrugged off the question; i gave a very hesitant "no".

now, my inspector persona has been using crockt as a proxy, and we had decided we should probably communicate on the forum through a double proxy - crockt floated the idea yesterday of approaching dgrazian. i said sure, go for it. it doesn't sound like she's established contact yet, but at this point, i might as well just talk to dgrazian myself. or someone who dgrazian is positive is innocent (this was a conversation topic I brought up), like josh "really bad liar" frisch.

i'm pretty sure dgrazian and kezi like me but i'm confused by crockct.

tl;dr: don't kill dgrazian yet

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]