Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Elected Positions
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:18 pm 
I'd like to run for mayor. Any challengers, or PO volunteers? A volunteer to pass around petitions tomorrow would also be nice so I can be less hosed.

Post subject: Re: Elected Positions
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:22 pm 
Wow, that simultaneous posting...

Anyway, I guess I'd also be open to running for police officer. We could do the plan of you getting signatures at EC, then passing the petitions to me so I can get them at Random.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:44 pm 
Whoops. I'm also fine with PO, and that plan sounds good. I think mechanically there's very little reason to prefer one elected position over the other?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:53 pm 
Can I try some public position? I haven't played before, so it would be nice if I could take a more active role than just a townie. I promise, I'll figure out rules and will not be passive with powers (if you give me a role).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:03 pm 
Sorry for posting on the wrong thread. I'm interested in running for either position.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:14 pm 
I can not run. Maybe I'll get to live longer this way! I do definitely support nastya getting a position; new players being involved is awesome! :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:42 pm 
I am also running for mayor.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:58 pm 
I am running for ceremony leader.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:00 pm 
aok wrote:
I am running for ceremony leader.

If you get a petition signed for this, we'll consider you elected as such.

No comment about whether your ceremonies will have any effects. :P

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:56 pm 
I'm running for moderator. Do the same rules apply to that?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:43 pm 
jakob wrote:
I'm running for moderator. Do the same rules apply to that?

I don't think any of us can stop you if you decide to take over the web-app :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:04 pm 
MuaahaHAHAHAHAHA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:12 pm 
I mean, technically any former GM could log in to the admin account and see who all the mafia were if we wanted to. That would just be illegal, immoral, and result in a god-smiting.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:36 pm 
The getting new players involved thing seems reasonable (though I'm not sure how suspicious a new player wanting to run for office is). Currently I'm leaning towards making petitions for me and nastya. I'm biased because I am me.

I weakly argue against ksedlar (because she said before game start that she probably wouldn't run for a position and then decided to run, which is mildly sketchy) and Daniel Grazian (bad memories of abuse of power :P )

If no one else has compelling reasons to suggest against this ballot, I will just make petitions for me and nastya tonight. Nastya, do you have a preference between the positions? I'm mostly ambivalent.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:51 pm 
sammyluo wrote:
I weakly argue against ksedlar (because she said before game start that she probably wouldn't run for a position and then decided to run, which is mildly sketchy)

Miranda Gavrin can confirm that I was already planning out my campaign before receiving my role (as of yesterday after kickoff, upon getting hyped up on Live Action Mafia). Turns out I'm an addict who will totally violate the spirit of my pre-commitments even if I follow the letter of them. :D Anyway though, as I mentioned, I think I am going to not run in light of all the competition, especially among new players. Mostly the thing that normally gets me elected is my willingness to wander around places before anyone else has time to, and I pre-committed to not do that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:11 pm 
I'm going to run for Mayor. Nothing against either nastya or sammy, I just trust myself more.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:13 pm 
As part of running for mayor, I'm filling out an election petition. When should I come by EC or ET to get more signatures?

Also, jakob and tsims, aI saw you on Bonfire. Please come by Pecker before you leave random?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:19 pm 
RIP, guess I got beaten to it. Isaac, can you also make a PO petition for nastya then?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:25 pm 
Absolutely, will do.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:41 pm 
Hmm, I also would like to try to petition for a position. Probably PO. GONNA COLLECT SOME SIGS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:47 pm 
Actually, on further consideration, I don't want to fill out a petition for someone else.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:58 pm 
^ I think this feels kind of sketchy, but I can't quantify why. Something about being uncharacteristically quick to take the initiative to start your own petition, and not someone else's for the other position...

I would advocate against electing isaacg on these grounds, but these are not strong feelings, so I'm not sure. I'm also biased because I was intending to run for mayor.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:29 pm 
If town thinks I should make a petition for nastya, I'd be happy to do so. Opinions?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:31 pm 
Also, I gave my petition (for myself as mayor) to jakob to take to EC.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:33 pm 
There's no harm in filling out a petition for someone else as you're filling out your own (it simplifies OOG hassle of taking them around). That said, I'd be surprised if Tuan doesn't win the race to being elected police officer.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:36 pm 
Tuan just came up to me and suggested that I should run for mayor. I'm not hosted next week and would be totally up for taking that position. I hope you don't have objections and would vote for me :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:49 pm 
That sounds wonderful, nastya! I'd vote for you. (Even though it's against myself).

(I can give you a detailed analysis of why this is correct play if you're interested)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:56 pm 
nguyenin has been elected police officer.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:59 pm 
I have a petition for isaac that currently has eleven signatures. I'll probably be around EC until I go to sleep so poke me (text 2162238549) if you're up and around EC and haven't signed it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:08 am 
I have completed Nasty's petition.

http://imgur.com/S1zltcS