Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Basic Strategy
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:53 pm 
I'm not going to include a detailed strategy post here. There's some good strategy discussion in the Role Strategizing thread (my suggestion about smaller saint lists not included) and I'd highly encourage you to read 'Basic Strategy' threads from previous games, especially if you're new.

With that said, there's a couple pieces of advice that I want to make super-prominent right here:

1. Don't tell people your role! If the mafia get a few pieces of role information, it will probably be enough for them to steamroll through the game. If every player tells just ONE random player their role then the Mafia will have five pieces of role information in expectation. This would be devastating to the town. So only reveal your role to somebody if you absolutely HAVE to, and even then keep it ambiguous if at all possible.
I know it can be tempting if you are an innocent child to prove yourself innocent to numerous people. But don't do this.

2. Report suspicious sitings. If you see somebody in a place you wouldn't expect them to be, especially if they're sneaking around, let other players know. In particular, let other players know BEFORE you confront the suspicious person! Numerous mafia have been caught this way in previous games, and numerous more should have been but weren't because the person who spotted them didn't tell anybody (soon enough.)

Post subject: Re: Basic Strategy
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:12 am 
Specific link: viewtopic.php?f=158&t=3991

Post subject: Re: Basic Strategy
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:15 am 
Thanks Katie!