Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Schedule Updates Needed
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:29 pm 
Reminder that everyone should be updating their schedule regularly. Please remember that the game is more fun for everyone if players are easy to find. If you have any events coming up that you haven't noted in your intro, or if you aren't planning to go to things mentioned in your intro, please post so. Even if you don't have events, please post where you plan on hanging out in your free time in the next day or so.

We've already poked some players to do this, and many have responded. (Thank you!) If you still haven't updated your schedule, we will be sending you another reminder. If you continue not to post any updates by tonight, we will not count your lynch vote tonight. If you have not posted any updates by tomorrow, you will be evicted from game (aka die right before tomorrow's lynch vote). Please adhere to the spirit of game and let forums know where you'll be!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:44 pm 
I was going to send this as a PM, but I'm sending this publicly because I'm really annoyed about this.

I'm really annoyed by y'all dictating how I should play the game. In my mind, schedule updates are intended for when things are out of the ordinary or not clear. This is the motivation for sending out such detailed introductions at the beginning. Also, contrary to perhaps how most people are playing this game, I don't actually want this game to consume my life. Just like I shouldn't be forced into paranoia texting people, there is absolutely no reason why I should be forced into posting my every single movement on this goddang forum.

Being any sort of killer role is always a time commitment in order to kill people but that's part of what makes it fun. I have spent a lot of time stalking random classrooms, sneaking into dorms, etc. to try to make a kill. I have enjoyed the serendipity of crossing paths with someone for a kill of convenience. Mafia should be coordinating with NPs or other players if they can't find certain people.

Stop trying to force certain play styles over all players. If you want to kick me out of this game for this, then fine.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:57 pm 
We have replied directly to ltchin about this. If anyone else has similar concerns or would like to hear our reasoning, we can discuss over PM.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:18 pm 
>This is the motivation for sending out such detailed introductions at the beginning.

==. Honestly, I just haven't had that many deviations from what I specified in my introduction, and I find being required to post decisions pretty weird. The update I posted today was just a reminder of something I had also written in my introduction. Encouraging redundant information makes the schedule update thread spammy.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:29 pm 
Hey everyone,

Gods really do not want to turn this into a political issue. We've talked amongst ourselves more and we've decided we don't actually want to evict active players with good intros for this.

Ultimately, the goal of our rulings has been to make game less stressful and more fun for players; this seems to be having the opposite effect, so we retract our earlier statement. There will be no mechanical consequences against players who do not post schedule updates.

Sorry to anyone who was seriously inconvenienced by this, and thank you to those who did post updates! Please continue to do so :)

Thank you also to everyone who messaged us about this.