Post subject: Re: Investigations
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:23 pm 
Heyo, I'm proxying for Lestrade.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:28 pm 
I am proxying for Professor Xavi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:04 pm 
Are these names official in some sense, or are they chosen by the person you're proxying for?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:10 pm 
They're not official, they can be chosen by the proxy or the person being proxied and are primarily existent so people can track which investigators made what investigations (can catch mafia investigators like this if they're not careful).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:57 pm 
Aok killed jfrish

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:30 am 
I think it is far more likely that I have been framed than that Lucy's investigator is lying. So, I'm asking investigators to trust this positive result, and, if they spend investigations on josh's death, to investigate other people (and hopefully get a second positive result).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:32 am 
I am proxying for Detective Dick Gumshoe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:35 am 
Agree that investigators should consider investigating someone other than aok for this. Unless they want to investigate ijc's death which is also reasonable.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:21 am 
Nastya, you should post here when you get your result for fmajluf7->ijc and when your investigator gets their result for jakob->ijc.

Investigators should probably hold off on investigating these deaths until more investigations come through (there's a good chance there are more day 1 investigations in the works right now). I also think that investigating tomorrow's death is probably better than investigating today's deaths. Though if not, decent group investigations are {me, ltchin, nastya} -> ijc and possibly {Alex, isaacg, [insert other player, probably Miranda for bad alibi + Random association]} -> Josh Frisch (if aok actually is innocent, it was probably one of them who killed Josh and prepped the NPs). Actually, the former investigation should probably be done anyway, on the chance that the kill is investigable.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:23 am 
I am proxying for Tellurium and Xenon.

Tellurium claims that ksedlar did not kill ijc.

Xenon claims that Jakob did not kill ijc.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:31 am 
Detective Pikachu claims andytsai did not kill ijc.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:24 am 
Max Payne claims that jakob didn't kill ijc. Another investigation also returned that fmajluf7 didn't kill ijc either.

I believe mafia/serial killer could have plant false evidence or protected themselves in some other way, so for now we just should be suspicious of all the players, who were at the party or who don't have a good alibi and could have came&left the party.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:06 am 
Also, people with investigative powers (whether they are part of your role or you are elected for a position) can ask me to proxy for them. It's a public knowledge that I'm mayor and I'm not endangering myself any more saying what other people have told me.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:42 am 
I strongly suggest against using nastya as your proxy unless you have already independently decided to do so. In general, don't choose proxies that volunteer themselves; pick your own.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:56 am 
Totally agree with sammyluo. I was suggesting myself as a proxy mainly for new players.

Until I have been asked to be a proxy, I didn't really know what that means and how to get/become one. And I guess new players might not be aware of what proxies are, so I just wanted to give them a chance to reveal themselves to just one person instead of everyone on the forum. I didn't not recommend anyone as a proxy because I don't really know who can be trusted.

Another important thing: DON'T tell people your roles if they approach you. It has to be your decision to trust someone and friends can betray you in this game (I heard many stories).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:36 am 
Reposting from Tuan's thread:

"Either ijc, aok, or isaacg killed jfrisch"

This gives us no new information since we already knew aok turned up guilty.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:58 pm 
Investigated ltchin -> ijc, innocent.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:47 pm 
I think mafia is aware of the fact that investigations are limited this game and would take advantage of the party with tons of players with a killer from outside. All party players have been investigated at least once, some times twice and stalked. So I suggest if there's any investigator who hasn't used up their ijc investigation to look at alibis from people who were not at the party.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:54 pm 
Nastya has not been investigated.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:26 pm 
Inspector Clouseau says that one of (tsims, Alex, isaacg, csvoss, Lucy, jakob) is guilty.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:02 pm 
This is probably obvious, but should group investigators try to form some kind of venn diagram thingy, excluding a person from the previous investigator's list to try to find the killer?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:15 pm 
Note that:
-Investigators should choose their own investigations, since otherwise they'll be influenced by the mafia;
-One of the investigators is likely mafia, which makes this a fragile process;
-Excluding one person from the previous investigator's list wouldn't be the most efficient way to do it; a true townie would get the most information from roughly cutting it in half.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:20 pm 
yep im dumb, logic is hard

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:58 pm 
Also note that mafia have a ton of (i.e. 3) frames this game, though they must be used "at the time of the kill." So positive results do not imply negative results for all excluded people.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:30 pm 
Tsims did not kill ijc

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:38 pm 
This is probably a moot point because d1d1 is very likely a don kill at this point, but nastya has not been investigated for d1d1, and pretty soon the only person with investigations left on d1d1 will be mayor nastya.

But, as I said, I suspect we should abandon d1d1 for now because don

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:50 pm 
I'm not sure what you mean by "pretty soon the only person with investigations left on d1d1 will be mayor nastya," Do you mean that each investigator can investigate a person's death just once? If so, I have already investigated fmajluf7 and she came up innocent. Can I investigate more? Please clarify.

About your other point, I think people didn't investigate me because I'm a new player (think first about more prominent/better players). I do agree that it's weird that I haven't been investigated, but I obviously cannot investigate myself. I'll be innocent, unless mafia framed me, but if they did then I would expect them push harder on investigation of me. Idk, people can check me, but I don't see much rationale in that.

On the other note, could people please report here results of their investigations? I want to investigate d3d3 and don't want to doublecheck a person that has already been investigated. I'm considering investigating Alex, csvoss, isaacg, jakob, Lucy, or tsims.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:16 pm 
nastya: Yes, I mean that each player can only investigate that death once, except you because you have arbitrarily many mayoral investigations (in fact, you've already investigated two, right?). So, it makes sense for at least one other investigator to pick you, since you're the only one that it doesn't make sense for you to investigate.

But, like I said, I suspect d1d1 was a don kill, so there's probably no need to keep focusing on it for now.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:59 pm 
Rules clarification: mayor does not have arbitrarily many investigations. They may use their mayoral investigation once per day. They may not investigate the same death twice unless they independently have another investigation method.