Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 2 plotting
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:40 pm 
Good job with the kill Nastya! Did you make yourself don? If so, you're likely in ok shape (though there are a lot of people with good alibis...) If not, you'll probably get caught pretty quickly, unfortunately.

Neither of you had anything to do with Josh's death, right? I really hope it wasn't aok; it would be highly unfortunate to lose our serial killer so soon :-(

Jakob, how available will you be to make kills tomorrow? It'll be tough for me (because I'll be with Lily most of the time.) and Nastya can't do it, assuming she's don (or at least really shouldn't do it - I'd much rather have a no-kill day than lose our don powers.

Post subject: Re: Day 2 plotting
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:49 pm 
Also, we want to make very liberal use of our powers. Kills not made by don should be done with mtp or frame (on a plausible investigation target.) Hitman should be used soon. Basically we want to minimize the number of our kills that are investigatable.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:54 pm 
Don't vote for aok. Do vote no lynch (assuming players believe you haven't been paying attention for the last 20 minutes.)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:59 pm 
Well, looks like we've lost our serial killer :-(
Even if he's not lynched he's known Mafia now.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:15 am 
I can probably make kills pretty easily. I'll do more specific plotting later. That is to say, I have stuff to do pretty frequently so it'll be a reasonable low-time kill.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:59 am 
We can kill someone and frame aok. That way people would think that he is mafia and when aok will get lynched, everyone would think that there are 2 mafia left. (I can also count mafia to waste mayor mafia count power and report that only 2 mafia left.) If we can kill two people on the same day, then we can wait for a couple days and kill two players to support the belief that serial killer is alive and that there are only 2 mafia. Additionally, that would give us a good reason to kill someone, who outed aok though investigation, since less investigators is better for us. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:05 pm 
I fully agree with using frame, but I think the value of framing an innocent who is likely to be investigated is greater than the value of confusing town as to whether they've caught a Mafia or serial killer (which your plan would likely achieve quite successfully - nice job with that!)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:30 pm 
Honestly, I read some more discussion on Town Square and changed my mind. People are fairly certain that aok is a SK, so even if we successfully confuse them, they'll discover the truth fairly soon. And I do agree that framing an innocent person is more valuable that misleading town about whom they caught.

So here is a question, whom should we kill today?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:45 pm 
Like yesterday, I think pretty much any target is reasonable as long as the probability of being seen and outed (or quickly investigated) is low. Obfuscation powers should definitely be used. I'd recommend manipulate the press. Frame a Townsperson would also be reasonable, if you have a good idea of a target.

Actually, since it's probably Jakob who will make the kill, I'd recommend against killing one of the more prominent players. Jakob is quite likely to be on a sinner list, and prominent players are very likely to be on saint lists.

Take what happened to aok as a warning.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:27 pm 
Ok, then if jakob wants to kill someone, he can choose someone not very popular. If jakob does not kill anyone by 9 pm or needs help, we can arrange something and you or I can try to kill someone.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:07 pm 
Ugh schedules are very unspecific and I don't have time to go to ET before day end. I can try to make a kill at EC or random in the next half hour if you can't make a kill today, daniel.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:08 pm 
Any kill you can make at random without getting seen would be absolutely fantastic! Watch out for the desk worker (or just kill them if they're a player.)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:18 pm 
I'll try to head over there around 8 when this HMMT meeting ends then.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:44 pm 
I would strongly recommend getting help from an np scout. I'd recommend talking to Ishara. Do you know her? (I haven't talked to her in advance but I'd bet she'd be willing to help.)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:04 pm 
I just emailed Ishara.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:09 pm 
If you absolutely cannot make a kill, I can try to kill someone at EC. For example, when people would be leaving the meeting in Talbot. But you should message me beforehand.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:17 pm 
nastya, try not to do that. I think we may even prefer a no kill day to losing don power (daniel: opinion?). I'm going to head over to random rn to try to make a kill.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:35 pm 
No kill better than losing don power. Coordinate with Ishara to make kill. I'm with Lily on Pecker. Can't communicate now. Good luck. Ishara is around and I think ready to help.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:51 pm 
Isaac left before I went to kill him, and I had to go to the guild game before I could make a kill. I saw you and lily exit random about a minute after me, and I bolted.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:58 pm 
So, you are not going to kill anyone at Random? If so, may be try something at EC?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:58 pm 
I couldn't find anyone to kill. Have a game from now until EOD ;(

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:00 pm 
Ok, so you probably would not be able to kill today? Can Daniel try?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:04 pm 
Hey, if the thing with "reveal yourself to dying desperado" will get big, we would need to coordinate among each other what roles we want to claim. Thoughts? Gay knights? Pretend we were not here?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:29 pm 
I will if I can. Thanks for trying Jakob! :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:36 pm 
If anybody claims to be gay Knights it should be you guys. I'm going to claim stalker.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:36 pm 
Ok, I'm going to claim gay knight with Daniel. Daniel, will you be with me?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:39 pm 
Nooooooooooo. I already claimed stalker!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:39 pm 
Sorry, misread. jakob, will you be gay knight with me?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:56 pm 
What does IC and GN mean?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:29 pm 
Innocent child and gay knight.

I'm going to make a kill at the bonfire party if I feel there's a good opportunity.

I will probably use both manipulate the press and once instance of frame.