Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 3 Plotting
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:37 am 
We've already used our kill for the day (we could use scheme, but I'd rather save that.) But we should still be actively planning and discussing. A few things:

- I manipulated the press AND framed tsims for Lily's murder. Hopefully, tsims gets investigated naturally. Otherwise, we can consider having Nastya do it as mayor.

- It's a REALLY good thing that we did not try to kill ksedlar.

- Some people (in particular lilychen and ksedlar) expressed some suspicion of Nastya. I think ksedlar's suspicion went down a bit when you realized that an external killer could easily have gotten into the ec party. Either way, there's not much we can do about this, so try not to worry or change how you're acting.

- Role information: has anybody confided in you about anything? Or do you have any educated guesses? Note that reliable role information is extremely valuable to us.

Ishara Nisley (kerboros = inisley) has agreed to help us make kills at Random. I think she helped scout for Jakob earlier, but they weren't unable to find any players to (safely) kill. We should use her help for any kill we're making at random from here on out.

- Conscription: we should think about who to conscript. The conventional wisdom is that mafia should conscript a good player early (indeed that we should have already done so.) I don't believe this is correct; I would rather wait to conscript a player who has a lot of influence and is well-trusted. Of course, if we're not able to handle the time burden of scheming and executing kills, then we might want to push up the conscription timetable, but I think we're ok so far. If one of us dies, conscription becomes a bit more urgent. Some good targets include:

- sammyluo
- Lucy
- Alex
- Any innocent child or non-dying highly trusted individual.
- Anybody with large amounts of role information.

- Do you guys have any particular thoughts about the game so far? Or any information?

Post subject: Re: Day 3 Plotting
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:23 am 
I've been somewhat claiming group investigator, though not sure if I've said that directly to any player. What should I investigate, dyk?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:20 pm 
I'm considering "doing" a group investigation on the party of 6 people there.

Also, I talked to kmli and sent jingyizz (who had asked to be a hitman}* if they want to be body doubles. Kevin is uncertain whether he could be stealthy enough to make a kill, jingyi hasn't replied as to whether she has time.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:16 pm 
Wait, did you guys claim to be gay knights last night? If so, you shouldn't also claim group investigator.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:18 pm 
Note that investigations for Lily's death have already begun.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:52 pm 
I did not claim gay knights when Ksedlar unexpectedly asked me. I think it would look odd if we suddenly did. I'm pretty sure nastya didn't either, since she called me mid-LARP and I said I had claimed not gay knights last night at 10:something.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:57 pm 
Considering submitting somehting like "one of tsims and Alex is guilty" or "neither Alex nor csvoss nor jakob is guilty" and proxying it through ltchin along with Miranda's investigations.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:34 pm 
Ok, sounds very reasonable.

The one amendment I'd make is that it might seem sketchy for a group investigator to investigate himself.

What about Miranda's investigations? Are you proxying through her?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:35 pm 
I mean, is she proxying through you?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:03 pm 
Yes, she's prxying through me and I'm feeding them to ltchin.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:12 pm 
do you guys think sammy is actually a proxy for the GCSN or is just trying to hide that he's in it?

I could totally see the "someone plz reach out to me" meaning "I'm in this network, but don't want to be killed for it rn". This is also consistent with sammy being a mouthpiece for the network earlier.

It's also explainable as "sammy is a very proactive townie" but ithink this increases the probability he's a GN/IC/S.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:15 pm 
Both are entirely possible. Sammyluo is notorious for obfuscating his role.

How much do you believe that Miranda is actually an investigator?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:20 pm 
p > 60%. She poked me about not posting her result.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:48 pm 
Ok, that will be a trap to set when we decide to kill her.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:06 pm 
Jakob, are you ltchin's 'investigator'? Take a look at the forum if you haven't already. I think your investigations are inconsistent with group investigator. Damage control may be necessary.

I will be unavailable for the rest of the night. Text me if something is urgent.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:54 pm 
Emergency: all Mafia are going to be stalked. We need to either conscript someone and have them make the kill, or we need to hire a hitman.

No-kill would look to sketchy. Plus loses our last no kill day.

Barring objections, I'm going to make an executive decision to hire Ishara to kill isaacg. I'm pretty sure she'll be ok with this. I'm texting gods to make it official (barring overrides.)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:58 pm 
Daniel Grazian wrote:
Emergency: all Mafia are going to be stalked. We need to either conscript someone and have them make the kill, or we need to hire a hitman.

No-kill would look to sketchy. Plus loses our last no kill day.

Barring objections, I'm going to make an executive decision to hire Ishara to kill isaacg. I'm pretty sure she'll be ok with this. I'm texting gods to make it official (barring overrides.)

Noted. You have until 10 minutes after day end (when lynch votes are posted) to change this if you wish.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:16 pm 
jakob is being showeled right now, what can we do?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:19 pm 
nastya wrote:
jakob is being showeled right now, what can we do?

You may choose to use the Plant Evidence power (choose a role for jakob) if you wish. You have 1 use of this remaining for the game. If you wish to use it, decide in the next 5 minutes. If you wish to use it, you would select a role (Mafia, Serial Killer, or one of the town roles) and you would have the option to add "Conscripted" in front of that role to indicate a mafia-aligned player who was previously town-aligned.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:20 pm 
Can we plant evidence that jakob was a vigilantee? Or innocent child? I mean before shovel is used?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:22 pm 
nastya wrote:
Can we plant evidence that jakob was a vigilantee? Or innocent child? I mean before shovel is used?

Yes, if you use it by 23:26 (half an hour after the kill) we will apply it to any pending shovel results, which we have not answered yet if they exist.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:23 pm 
Note that tsims has claimed in town square that jakob was mafia. Tsims is claiming to be vigilante, and when a vigilante makes a kill they are informed the alignment of the kill target, so if tsims is vigilante he knows jakob was mafia. If you change the shovel result to be not-mafia town may suspect him anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:27 pm 
Okay, we are answering pending shovel requests if they exist.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:53 pm 
In future feel free to take unilateral action on something like shoveling. I wasn't able to respond in time :-(

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:56 pm 
Ok, sorry

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:00 pm 
No problem :-D Just have fun!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:03 pm 
Reminder: if you wish to use any Poison, Slaughter the Weak, or Set a Trap for tomorrow, you must submit so before 12:10am.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:08 pm 
I want to plant evidence that tsims was mafia as soon as he is lynched.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:08 pm 
I'd like to plant evidence to make tsims look like mafia. Does this sound good?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:09 pm 
Great minds think alike :-D :twisted: