Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Auto-trap protocol
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:25 am 
Dear mods, (assuming nastya agrees,)

Unless otherwise specified, when we perform the operation "set a trap on X," where X is a player in the list below, we mean "set a trap on X as role Y" where Y is their role listed in the list below, unless Y is "IC," in which case the action is instead a slaughter the weak:

achester - IC
ajliu - stalker
Alex - GN
andytsai - GN
csvoss - GN
fmajluf7 - GN
jessk - GN
ltchin - IC
Lucy - stalker
maxmurin - GI
nastya - mafia
nguyenin - GI
sammyluo - (conscripted) stalker

(this leaves off the ET/pika investigators because I'm not entirely sure which ones are actually investigators. It might in fact be all of them.)

In addition, if at any point during a day on which we have not set a trap (or used a slaughter, if that is what is relevant), we make a kill on a person in the list above who does not already have a trap/slaughter on them, except perhaps for a situation we'll specify later in which we use scheme instead, and perhaps for today when we might set and save a specific trap, it is assumed that we set a trap on them as the corresponding specified role above immediately before making the kill.

This saves us the unnatural wait time of hearing back from mods on the success of the trap (because I think I'm willing to bet the game on the above role info being entirely accurate), and allows us to make split second decisions on which n people to kill for n relatively large.

Nastya, are you fine with this? Mods, hopefully this is fine?

Post subject: Re: Auto-trap protocol
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:10 am 
Yes, this should be fine, assuming nastya agrees (I don't believe god response time should be a critical factor in the game if possible). Unless you say otherwise beforehand, we will assume that you set a trap / slaughter the weak, if available, on someone from this list instantaneously before trying to kill them.

One thing to note is that if you are wrong, this may result in automatic use of scheme / kills being ruled illegal. For example, assume you think that person X is role Y (when they're actually role W). You kill some person Z with the regular kill, and then you try to kill person X. However, you can't actually kill them with set-a-trap/slaughter the weak. So if you then tap X and say, "bang," you would have instead used the scheme power if legal, otherwise we will inform X, "You aren't dead, that was an illegal kill." And then X may use the information that you tried to kill them however they wish.

We would appreciate it if you tried to avoid the repercussions of the illegal kill scenario in particular. So if one of you is making a kill you plan to be a trap after you personally made a kill earlier in the day, and after mafia's regular kill has been used up, please tell the target (once dead) not to spoil themself until after gods look at what happened.

P.S. This is the new ghostly god ksedlar; all the regular gods are ET pledges away on Mission (idk what that is).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:21 am 
Ok, for now (assuming nastya agrees) let this automation become active tomorrow, since we likely want to save a trap from today. Nastya, we should discuss how scheme comes into this separately.

And yes, I understand the repercussions if we are wrong. This is why I said I thought i was willing to bet the game on this information (actually, maybe apart from achester, but that would require a very strange situation that I'm willing to discount)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:52 pm 
brunnerj is Pikachu and one of csvoss's investigators. (or, a proxy for these.) This means he investigated ijc at least twice and is thus a priest, or else he is double proxying someone. Not enough info to set a trap definitively, but note for future.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:00 pm 
brunnerj claimed investigator to fmajluf7.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:32 pm 
Oh, last thing before I actually stop forumming: I think we should disable auto-trap for (the first kill of) day 6 as well, unless nastya plans to kill a trappable person and then a nontrappable one. If we decide to, we can set another trap, then use both the next day and still get another trap to set for autotrap.

Also, we might as well put entries for miranda, brunnerj = investigator in the list, though we should be careful not to use them unless necessary since we're not as sure about these I think.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:45 am 
Actually, auto trap should always be on for slaughter since I can't imagine killing both achester and ltchin in the same day. And scheme is just a literal free kill after any rampaging happens except in taser situations, so we probably don't need any clauses for that.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:06 pm 
A kill on maxmurin or Lucy today is an autotrap, a kill on brunnerj is not. Unless nastya decides otherwise instantaneously before the kill(s).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:59 pm 
oh yeah autotrap is on today obviously, because yay we know like literally everyone's roles