Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:05 am 
I just realized that mafia has (or had, if we'd set our slaughter differently last night, but still have with some rearrangement) a theoretical "provable" win requiring no kills past today, assuming I'm competent enough to kill achester without arousing suspicion immediately, and assuming every ec player is around ec at night / reachable within 15 minutes total. The premises are strictly not true since ajliu is busy tonight through day end, but I thought this was worth noting anyway. The plan would be:

-have me kill achester (slaughter last night instead of ltchin) sometime during the day without suspicion. Would be reasonable to expect of a competent mafia.

-at night, have nastya and me kill the ec players in the following order:
Nastya kills:
ajliu
andytsai
Jessk
ltchin
Concurrently (after the first kill), I kill:
Tuan
Max

Speed is critical because ajliu, Andy, Tuan, Max are in a paranoia chat with me.

Then we hide in our rooms until day end, with Tuan's taser given to nastya.

If nastya gets lynched, they have no way of getting rid of me before day end the next day, and we win (tie?) by "no town remaining"
Otherwise, if achester had a taser, we have two now and can win by just tasing both csvoss and Alex the next day before they kill nastya. Otherwise, nastya limits her time spent in public and tases the first one she sees if necessary. Still, no town alive by day 8 end.

Given that we slaughtered ltchin instead of achester, we need to modify this to have slightly more tenuous assumptions: that we can get ltchin, then achester during the day without getting suspected and without making the rest of ec paranoid.

Figuring a similar provable win given kill streaks situation out one game was when mafia decided it was time to resign. I don't think I want to resign, but I do want game to be over...

Obviously this isn't the plan we're going for (probably), but I guess I can be satisfied knowing a theoretical provable win was possible.

Probably, only I will kamikaze today, and only kill provable innocents, to increase the chance that Tuan or Max gets lynched over nastya. But finding and killing the right people correctly is so hard...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:12 am 
Nvm, achester plans to vig test and lynch you. I think we should probably both kamikaze today, though I'd like to discuss more before committing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:57 pm 
also nvm achester has no scheduled activities today so I think we just lose if we don't somehow get him lynched?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:35 pm 
nastya is going for maxmurin right now because I'm a wimp. andy and amanda were not on beast, but hopefully they will be at some point and nastya (or I) can get them then. also jessk, ltchin, yada yada

EDIT: max is on hall, whelp.

still haven't decided whether it's worth me not killing anyone and trying to get achester lynched

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:02 pm 
jessk's classroom was empty today :(

nastya is going for andy on beast, then hopefully jessk on 4E? then ltchin sometime after hopefully. max is on floorpi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:15 pm 
ajliu and andytsai are back on beast, but the door they're beyond is now closed?...

(I'm a reporter now I guess)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:05 pm 
Comments:

Not sure what you mean by tie; rules have been changed so that if everyone dead it is a mafia win not a town win, so I believe the win conditions are mutually exclusive.

If you want Gods to poke anyone about posting where they'll be for tomorrow let us know.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:07 pm 
When will poisoned people die? After the end of this day? Also, someone should get taser 3 from Lucy. (Convince Lucy to give it to you? Or to a knight that I'll later kill?)

Hopefully, achester will get lynched today, then I can kill one and set traps on two of max, Alex and csvoss. Then we win, right?

If achester doesn't get lynched, Sammy is dead and I am the only mafia left. Poisoned people still die, I kill as before. The only issue is Achester/one player I didn't kill. I might kill that player with a scheme, or wait till the following day. Most likely, we loose.

If poisoned people don't die tonight, and achester is not lynched, we are screwed.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:11 pm 
Rules clarifications:

Yes, poisoned people will die tonight; gay knight partner(s) of the gay knight(s) you have killed today will die tomorrow night. In both cases, the death is after the execution votes.

You can use the Set a Trap ability at most once per day. The only reason you killed 3 people with traps today is because you have been setting them for the past 2 days. Slaughter the Innocent can also only be set once per day, but you can set that again today because the previous one was set yesterday.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:27 pm 
nastya, the only people you have to kill tomorrow are maxmurin and achester. avoid the GNs at all cost.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:51 pm 
Even if achester is lynched, we probably lose because I just advocated for everyone to tase each other after day end. But that's ok, because I think we win in spirit - we would've straight up won if achester was on campus today.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:16 pm 
Ok, then I'll kill achester tomorrow using slaughter the weak if he doesn't get lynched. I would like to set a trap on Max and Alex. And if I need to kill csvoss I'll use regular kill. This way, if I encounter any of the players tomorrow, I'll be able to kill them.

Killing people is kinda fun, so even if there is no I need to, I can take the unnecessary risk to try to kill GNs. Otherwise, they'll lynch me tomorrow. And if I attempt to go for a mass murder again, most likely mafia will not win, but I'll die with glory.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:25 pm 
The last achester's post (9:15) is very convenient to lynch him. He excluded me from the list of potential mafia but GN investigations would immediately demonstrate that I'm the murderer and therefore achester purposefully ignored that option (especially taking into account NP ratting me out for jessk). You should really take a note of that post. It will pretty much guarantee achester's lynch.

Obviously, I cannot participate in the argument, so you should do that :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:04 pm 
You might not be able to kill the GNs if they've investigated you positively (they'll be bang-immune), so your priority should definitely be to kill achester and max if they survive.

And yes, I'm very amused. I'm going to argue against him now.