Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:00 pm 
Sneaking into the LARP itself was impossible, because we were only using one room. A mafia would have had to camp out in the hallway outside / in the bathroom, and not be seen by me from a distance. But even then, they'd be doing that with half an hour until day end, without knowing how much time I could take out of the LARP. As it was, just setting up the network pushed me past the limit of time I was willing to spend. So trying to do that and communicate stuff to mafia just couldn't have happened.

Killing someone in the LARP might kind of make them look bad, but the survivor would then tell town what actually happened, and town would think there was at least a 50% chance the network was compromised. And then town would be fairly confident that conscription had been used and 100% trust the network after all.

Even Jakob conscripting me still runs into the issue that I don't have that much time and mafia are blowing up their conscript.

I don't think there's a world in which conscripting me wouldn't be a terrible idea.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:27 pm 
If knowing all the role information in game is less useful than a conscription, I think we should do some rebalancing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:34 pm 
I think it will depend on game size. The conscript will be more valuable the smaller the game (because they make up a larger percentage of total mafia). In a 40 person game, knowing all the role info > conscript, and in a 15 person game, conscript > knowing all the role info. Not sure where a 25 person game lies.

However, in this case, the issue wouldn't just be that I would be a waste of a mafia, it would be that I literally wouldn't have the time to both communicate all the role info to mafia AND set up the network. So I would have made the decision to fuck the network and just tell mafia role info, which would have meant a good chance of town realizing that mafia had conscripted me, which would be a big downside for mafia. (A town that realizes mafia knows all role info and has a dead conscript can freely use all role info itself, and be able to trust that no one else was conscripted.)