Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 4 Thoughts
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:19 am 
Wow, Francesca and Sammy's last conversation leaked a lot of role info. Both jessk and isaacg were implied to be trusted by the network. And Francesca has confirmed that she is directly part of it herself. Conscripted!Sammy will have an awful lot of traps to set...

At least Sammy is going to keep doing useful for town for the next day, because Dgrazian wants to wait to conscript him.

Post subject: Re: Day 4 Thoughts
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:14 am 
Am I the only one who thinks that the ICs should not have discussed any role information until all the ICs had mechanically revealed, and was probably too hasty in adding all the claimed GNs?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:19 am 
lilychen wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks that the ICs should not have discussed any role information until all the ICs had mechanically revealed, and was probably too hasty in adding all the claimed GNs?

Pesto thinks this too, but was too hosed to act optimally and therefore needed fmajluf7 and isaacg to help with dictating game.

--jamb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:22 am 
ksedlar wrote:
Wow, Francesca and Sammy's last conversation leaked a lot of role info. Both jessk and isaacg were implied to be trusted by the network. And Francesca has confirmed that she is directly part of it herself. Conscripted!Sammy will have an awful lot of traps to set...

At least Sammy is going to keep doing useful for town for the next day, because Dgrazian wants to wait to conscript him.

At what point should Sammy seriously consider suiciding due to risk of future conscription?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:30 am 
He definitely should... How would he even suicide though?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:44 am 
Lock himself in his room later in the day and get a lynch mob going against himself?

Ask GCSN if they know of any other vigilantes (I believe nastya told them vig?) to kill him?

--jamb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:59 am 
Role info has definitely been flying around like crazy. Knowing that fmajluf7 is IC or GN is fine, and it's probably also fine to know the same about jessk, because tsims was considering vigilante killing her and fmajluf7 was low on time. MAAAYBBE Isaac, who was in the "investigated positive" group, but probably fmajluf7 just should have pressed for the lynch she did want, rather than saying she didn't want Isaac lynched.

The Alex/andytsai thing was definitely my bad. :oops: I had a bunch of messages that I had to open on a phone in a bathroom and quickly scroll through. On my first pass, I ignored everything that wasn't an IC message so I could figure out who to tell the stuff to in the first place. I thought I went through again and got all the other info, and I even triple-checked, so I'm really confused about how I didn't catch Alex's message on the 2nd or 3rd time. Though to be fair, it was not descriptively titled and andytsai didn't send a complementary message.

Looking at this though, I just am really confused:
achester - innocent
ajliu - stalker
Alex - GN?
andytsai - GN?
brunnerj -
csvoss - innocent
Daniel Grazian - stalker / mafia
fmajluf7 - GN
isaacg - innocent
jessk - innocent
jordanh - (mafia?)
ltchin - IC?
Lucy -
maxmurin - GI
Miranda Gavrin -
nastya -
nguyenin - GI
sammyluo - sammyluo
sashacf -

How did he learn fmajluf7 was specifically a GN? How did he learn anything at all about csvoss or Daniel Grazian or ltchin? And not even the GCSN know Tuan's role, I don't think... I think he has also not told the GCSN he knows maxmurin's role, which he should maybe do, even if he doesn't want to tell them the specifics.

Basically Sammy is a giant magnet that pulls all role information towards himself and doesn't let any bit of it slip away.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:04 am 
He learned Tuan's role because Tuan was really unsubtle about proxying for himself, and sammyluo confronted him about this over PM.

I bet he's guessing Francesca because she's clearly in the circle (thus either IC or GN) and they probably wouldn't use an IC as proxy? Also the way she said it about isaac makes it sound like he's either an IC or francesca's partner (she didnt seem to think he could be part of a mafia pair of GNs).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:08 pm 
Also, Francesca and Lilly are freaking out that the network is compromised and that everything is awful. Meanwhile, the mafia currently don't know anyone in the network at all, and they're dealing with both being stalked.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:21 pm 
I think Pesto is sketchy as heck.

-He and ltchin were the only ones who knew lilychen's role when she died (unless ksedlar got conscripted which seems unlikely to town).
-He's refused to meet up with people to confirm his innocence with the network, and thus might not even be an IC.
-If the hitman kill goes right today, someone else from the network will die, suggesting a breach (though granted there won't be a second kill by mafia today, but this could easily be because they didn't get a chance later).
-He added a bunch more people to innocence den, which is exactly what he'd do if he wanted to obscure who compromised the network.

ltchin should be suspicious of him. This is great for mafia.

--jamb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:22 pm 
Apparently fmajluf7 agrees with me in finding Pesto a tad sketchy (at least enough to stalk him). Also, yikes, Mafia are both going to get stalked again tomorrow. They're going to have to conscript. Unless they have dgrazian stalk nastya. That would be silly because they don't trust him, but on the other hand they don't trust Lucy either, which means they have 2 trusted stalkers to cover 3 people they don't trust (plus Pesto who I think they shouldn't trust).

On the other hand, I think it's good for mafia that town is using up their ability to stalk mafia at this point in the game, because it'll make it tougher for them to make good use of stalkers later in the game when they're most valuable, and mafia can get out of it for these 2 days with conscript + hitman.

Then again, all this could change; this is just the current stalk plan, and if there are no kills today that's strong evidence for the mafia being currently-stalked players.

--jamb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:29 pm 
They've also got both mafia on their 3-person lynch shortlist. :/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:31 pm 
fmajluf7 wrote:
I don't remember the conversation very clearly (because, well, I was drunk (sammy, ksedlar, nastya, tsims, ltchin can probably confirm)) but in the 1E party I was jokingly blaming jakob for killing ijc and then he got back at me saying I did it, and then I started whining about not being able to because I'm not mafia, and then he was asking me if I wanted to be mafia, if I wanted to kill people. Which I found a little sketchy.

Just thought any bit of information on the jakob/tsims mess could be useful.

Wait, this was sketchy? I was pretending to be a townie to see if drunk fmajluf7 would admit to being mafia. Darn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:43 pm 
Lmao at how many bullets mafia dodged by having a hitman kill isaacg.

- all mafia were being stalked
- isaacg has a GN partner who will investigate his death with perfect accuracy (thus its good that mafia didn't end up wasting a frame on this)
- isaacg was on Tuan's PO list so there are lots more investigations available
- isaacg was on brunnerj's sinner list (and so it's known he wasn't killed by {Dgrazian, fmajluf7, maxmurin, sashacf})

Basically, if a player had made this kill, they would've been found.

--jamb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:42 pm 
Welp, the GCSN is thinking about lynching DG. At the very least, if this is the plan and they announce so, DG could kamikaze since he's around lots of ET players. (Is this a good use of scheme? Seems like it to me since it's another person dead without town getting useful info about who the mafia are, but what do I know? Also, if DG does make another kill it might look like the isaacg kill was Set-A-Trapped, which makes the GCSN look compromised.)

Anyway, here's to hoping DG doesn't die tonight. If he does, though, does anyone want to pitch in with suggestions for what advice we should give Nastya about how to keep going with game? (She'd be in roughly the position of a new player being serial killer, except worse because she has to figure out what to do with a bunch of powers plus mayoral role. In particular, she doesn't have experience how/when to set traps and poison or which players are good conscript targets.) Then again, hopefully DG will advise her before he dies (if he dies).

On the other hand, if she's alone (iff she's not stalked) there are some good things nastya can do. She could count the mafia, claim there are 2 (implying conscript has been used), make a kill on someone whose role isn't known to the GCSN or anyone else, and then publicly make a "vigilante" kill later in the day on someone whose role isn't known. This is a bit of a risky ploy and hard since she doesn't know who's trusted. But she's already claimed to be a vigilante, and people would think it wouldn't be possible for her to scheme since there are two mafia... Hmm there are actually a lot of flaws in this plan, but it's still the sort of thing I'd try to pull off if I were mafia in a desperate situation :P

--jamb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:49 pm 
I'm surprised the GCSN don't want sammyluo stalked. Do they not realize conscription is a risk?

If he were stalked, it would be a strong deterrent against conscripting him, and also they'd be more likely to inconvenience mafia if he were conscripted.

--jamb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:58 pm 
Conscript has usually been used by this point in the game. So I'm not surprised people aren't doing THAT much about the specific chance of Sammy being conscripted.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:02 pm 
My impression has generally been that the reasons conscription was used early were:

(Spring Mystery) it wasn't
(IAP) mafia needed someone experienced
(Fall) there was a godly mandate that it get used day 1
(previously) I have no idea

--jamb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:52 pm 
Wow, there are currently no Randomites alive in game. RIP. Unless you try to count brunnerj or something.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:33 pm 
ksedlar wrote:
Wow, there are currently no Randomites alive in game. RIP. Unless you try to count brunnerj or something.

Lol no. (Also brunnerj is not any more of a randomite than jordanh.) Even the random cruft are dead.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:35 pm 
Yeah, I remembered Jordan was playing right after I posted that. Also, if we're going with cruft, Dgrazian is still alive, and he's half-Random cruft.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:43 pm 
Fun fact, all the lynch votes so far have been for "dgrazian", not one for "Daniel Grazian" :P

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:55 pm 
Quote:
As for being 'alive too long' etc:

I could say the same thing about isaacg, Lucy, etc.

I didn't know I was still alive :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:56 pm 
Goddammit. I really hope town doesn't let him get out of this.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:00 pm 
Why the fuck are they even entertaining the notion of disobeying the network?!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:05 pm 
I was in the room with the people doing it. Lucy did this because she's assuming she knows the GCSN networks reasons for wanting to lynch him, and that she knows better.

Dgrazian is now trying to spin rumors about why the GCSN is unreliable.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:18 pm 
Good job to nastya for not directly disobeying the network. And especially not for voting fmajluf7. Even voting Jordanh would have not made a difference and been really sketchy. Nastya has been handling everything incredibly well, IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:22 pm 
at this point, they should decide to execute Sammy tomorrow if they don't figure nastya out
Also, by this time aren't mayor's usually dead or impeached? Also why haven't they asked to count the mafia?