Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 6 Thoughts
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:20 pm 
Why did they frame Lucy? She's going to die to lynching her wastes a potion. And is not like she's actively attacking sammy like ltchin.

Post subject: Re: Day 6 Thoughts
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:29 pm 
A positive investigation against Lucy is very believable. If the mafia avoid lynching, that's a good day for them.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:37 pm 
I was wondering the same thing, but my guess is that they're hoping that getting her outed as mafia (when she's essentially a proven innocent due to stalker shenanigans) will take heat off of sammyluo. They can't both have been conscripted! And poison + frame is probably supposed to make it look like Lucy is going for an end-game power play.

It's not what I would have done, but I can definitely see some logic in it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:45 pm 
Why is town impeaching nastya instead of lynching her? That seems really silly.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:53 pm 
Assume the town isn't terribly suspicious of nastya. Then it may be undesirable to lynch her.

However, it's definitely preferable to have one of the plentiful provable innocents be mayor. Same for police officer. I'm not sure why they aren't doing anything on that front.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:14 pm 
I agree with aok. Lucy is probably the best conscript out of the remaining living players, at least in terms of mafia talent. And the "mafia fake claim poison" is almost a cliche at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:27 pm 
I think mafia really wants both group investigators to use up their investigations today. If they do, then Sammy might not even get caught for a jessk/andytsai/ajliu/ltchin type rampage tomorrow, because Max and Tuan will both be possible perpetrators. And if Sammy/nastya don't get lynched today or tomorrow, mafia have pretty much won.

I also think that the fact that nastya loses lynch tiebreaks is going to hurt mafia.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:15 pm 
Using up group investigations would be great. Also, mafia really need to get Lucy investigated. In fact, that is my biggest concern with framing Lucy -- how to actually get her investigated?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:16 pm 
But if they manage that ... it could be very good. :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:29 pm 
She got the petition from Josh right before the kill. I think she's one of the first people who should be investigated.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:34 pm 
I agree she should, but it seems like town has largely assumed she's innocent due to having claimed being poisoned. Unless I'm wrong, mafia will have to gently push for her to get investigated.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:56 pm 
I kind of want to see mafia make 7 kills tomorrow: 1 regular, 3 traps (1 set yesterday, 1 set today, 1 set tomorrow), 2 slaughters (1 set today, 1 set tomorrow), and a scheme at some point. If a townie is lynched tonight, then there's nothing town could do to stop a mafia win after such a rampage. It wouldn't even reach the point of gay knights dying of heartbreak before mafia would win.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:03 pm 
ksedlar wrote:
I kind of want to see mafia make 7 kills tomorrow: 1 regular, 3 traps (1 set yesterday, 1 set today, 1 set tomorrow), 2 slaughters (1 set today, 1 set tomorrow), and a scheme at some point. If a townie is lynched tonight, then there's nothing town could do to stop a mafia win after such a rampage. It wouldn't even reach the point of gay knights dying of heartbreak before mafia would win.

Wait can they actually? That would only be 8 townies + 2 poisons dead out of 14, right? And the poisons would still be alive to vote, so a mafia would get lynched and the other would get tazed.

Also, I still think they should kill at least one GN today.

--jamb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:07 pm 
Oh yeah, tasers are a thing. Nvm.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:20 pm 
:( I'm sad that Sammy seems to be skipping ring delivery basically as a result of time spent on mafia. The pattern being mafia replaces tooling which is replacing ring delivery. I know that addict feeling all too well...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:26 pm 
Why have there been literally 0 investigations so far? :(

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:31 pm 
lambhen wrote:
Why have there been literally 0 investigations so far? :(

Apparently asking in GY will magically cause a living player to make an investigation :)

--jamb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:13 pm 
Why is ltchin dying..? What did you guys say to her? I thought she had a good point.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:39 pm 
Why aren't they making another kill? Now is pretty optimal since everyone just used up their investigations for the day. Also, killing andy a day earlier would kill Alex a day earlier and be a happy thing (though otoh it's likely that Alex would be able to guess correctly so maybe that's not a great idea, but they have to eventually.)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:57 pm 
Are mafia not going to set a trap today? That seems suboptimal, given that they can probably locate at least one of their trapped people.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:58 pm 
Ah, as always, posting a complaint in graveyard gets an answer to the question.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:01 pm 
I'm surprised no one is catching the lack of defense for Miranda, or that sammy is just running the show.. I really hope he gets tazed tomorrow and there are enough townies to get him lynched.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:04 pm 
Also, nastya should have been stalked (could possibly in fact get away with claiming stalked if she's gutsy enough?) but she's not because sammy announced it late and assigned her to ajliu who's inactive... smart.

--jamb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:05 pm 
I mean, Lucy has already stalked nastya before.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:06 pm 
Ajliu is amanda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:06 pm 
I mean Angela

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:07 pm 
Oh nvm...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:09 pm 
lambhen wrote:
Also, nastya should have been stalked (could possibly in fact get away with claiming stalked if she's gutsy enough?) but she's not because sammy announced it late and assigned her to ajliu who's inactive... smart.

--jamb

That was clever!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:19 pm 
Of course nastya starts voting now that she's impeached.