Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 7 thoughts
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:04 pm 
I spoke against the Man and the Man had me killed. WAKE UP SHEEPLE

At least someone other than Lily Chen fucked me over lol. Also this is a good time to join the graveyard and watch the endgame play out. This has been fun!

Post subject: Re: Day 7 thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:42 am 
I don't think Sammy's "provable" win takes into account that gay knights die AFTER the lynch, not simultaneously. Also, it is the case that mafia wouldn't be able to get enough tasers (though csvoss might not be active enough for it to matter).

Honestly, I think it might be best to just quietly kill achester today and continue with the previous plan of lynching maxmurin, hoping the other network members will be quiet. I think that in practice, kills are hard. Also, I think it will be pretty difficult to kill off the gay knights via heartbrokenness without both mafia getting lynched first, unless they kill Alex before andytsai.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:49 am 
I think I'm missing something here. I thought you were not allowed to set a trap until you have killed the previous trapped person, and you're not allowed to kill the new trapped person until the next day..? Why can they kill 7 people?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:06 pm 
You can kill a trapped person as soon as you've set the trap. So as soon as Ajliu or andytsai dies, they can trap and kill someone else. Same thing with slaughter.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:22 pm 
Is that true? I think that one game I played traps had to be set the day before

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:29 pm 
Hmm, that would be weird. I know I've definitely set traps as mafia the day of, and the rules seem to suggest that you can.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:25 pm 
I think we've played with both variations before.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:59 pm 
I initially thought they had to be set day before, but then I read rules and apparently not.

--jamb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:22 pm 
I've never heard of them having to be set the day before. Maybe it was the case in one game. If so, I missed it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:30 pm 
Also, email sent by miles to salt@ (4E's social mailing list) "Anastasia killed jessk"
Has this happened?
Hopefully tuan will see the email

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:38 pm 
Tuan died before jessk did. So if he does, it won't matter. Nastya just blitz killed ajliu, andytsai, ltchin, nguyenin, and jessk.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:49 pm 
gg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:53 pm 
Wait why haven't the deaths been posted?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:55 pm 
Wow, the fate of game literally rests on the fact that achester has nothing on his schedule today. If they could find him, then Sammy could trivially scheme-kill Max, and then if nastya is lynched, then Sammy dies at the lynch tomorrow at the same time as the gay knights, which is basically a tie, and they don't even have to kill anyone tomorrow.

As it is they have to hope that achester can be located tomorrow before mafia get tased.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:57 pm 
Gods seem to be busy? I have the lambhen account login info myself, but I'm not sure if it's my place to be taking over god duties right now when I wasn't asked to do so for today. Certainly the posting times will have some degree of effect on game.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:59 pm 
I mean, people are supposed to post about their own deaths 30 mins after, so it's probably fine if you post their deaths
This could have a large effect on game if people do/don't know if people are dead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:15 pm 
Rooting for Lucy so hard right now. I think the ET mob can do it.
DON'T GIVE UP!

(also, sending virtual hugs to Sammy <3)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:19 pm 
ksedlar wrote:
Wow, the fate of game literally rests on the fact that achester has nothing on his schedule today. If they could find him, then Sammy could trivially scheme-kill Max, and then if nastya is lynched, then Sammy dies at the lynch tomorrow at the same time as the gay knights, which is basically a tie, and they don't even have to kill anyone tomorrow.

As it is they have to hope that achester can be located tomorrow before mafia get tased.

Pesto can be found at ET!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:21 pm 
Lucy: "It's a possible world where sammy lied about tsims, they planted on dgrazian, and conscription hadn't been used when I counted the mafia.... so there could be 3 mafia now."

sashacf: "We are so fucking screwed."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:23 pm 
Do they know sammyluo is Mafia?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:24 pm 
They suspect him because of the giant slew of deaths, I'm guessing. And the fact that he wasn't one of them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:28 pm 
Mafia really need nastya lynched though, otherwise Alex/csvoss could kill her tomorrow. They also need to be able to kill achester and maxmurin without being tased first. Tricky situation.

I think Sammy thinks he would have a provable win if they could have located achester on campus, but I think he's forgetting that nastya needs to be lynched and not him, due to the gay knight kills and the fact that they only have one taser.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:31 pm 
"It can't be Sammy because he knows my role and I'm not dead"

yet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:34 pm 
Fun fact:
Town/Mafia deaths before Sammy was conscripted: 5/3
Current Town/Mafia deaths after Sammy was conscripted: 8/0

On another note, nastya totally wins the new player award with a whopping 7 deaths this game under her belt. O.O

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:38 pm 
I wonder if Sammy will be able to leave enough uncertainty between whether the conscript is him, achester, or Lucy to be able to get nastya lynched. The main thing he's up against is the fact that ET is a blob, and they'll probably just trust each other more regardless.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:40 pm 
Fully agree. Way to go Sammy on gathering a ridiculous amount of role info. WOW NASTYA OP.

You guys make this game really fun to Mod. <3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:44 pm 
Also, if csvoss is inactive and Alex investigates Sammy and someone other than nastya, then mafia also don't have to worry about being killed tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:48 pm 
I think csvoss is not inactive, she's been paranoia texting me regularly

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:51 pm 
Ah okay. I guess she also just posted alibis, so mafia are unlikely to be able to escape that way.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:59 pm 
csvoss investigated Sammy so far, and is asking achester for advice on who else to ask about.