Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 1 Death 1
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:50 pm 

Aok had marched off to the kitchen because some of his classmates were teasing him about his poor transfiguration skills. Aok heard somebody come in, so he hid behind a cupboard. As he was hiding, he heard the person say something funny by the sink, in some kind of made up language. Oh, these assholes are back to make fun of me! Aok jumped out from being the cupboard to give them a piece of his mind and… died.
The last thing he saw was a pair of big, yellow eyes staring right at him over the kitchen sink…

Aok died in Clam Kitchen at 10:48pm. Day will be extended to 11:48pm.

Post subject: Re: Day 1 Death 1
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:51 pm 
I left clam kitchen a minute before. This definitely had np help.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:54 pm 
That was a fast death announcement!

nguyenin, jakob, maxmurin, and I are on floorpi and have been since 10:50.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:56 pm 
Ltchin, Jackie, and I were in Foo for a while.

NPs in the kitchen were Ian, Victor, and Ishara. Kmath was in the lounge along with other NPs. Victor and kmath both claim credit for the kill and Ian says that Lucy did it.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:57 pm 
I left squares at 10:30 and walk to 24. This makes me really sketchy, but someone would have noticed me going to clam.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:58 pm 
I was in an NP's room desperately trying to get my laptop to work again. He can confirm.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:58 pm 
I wouldn't be surprised at a day 1 hitman given the nonexistence of don

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:59 pm 
oh dang, I was not expecting this for the day turnover.

Can confirm that jamb and ksedlar were chilling here. I have not moved from Foo since 7 PM. dgrazian and lilychen were also here a while ago - maybe they're still around Random?

If it's a hitman kill, is this worth investigating? We've also got a NP witness that says Lucy?

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:03 pm 
Lucy claimed to be being stalked. Still, probably worth exactly one investigation (mayor?)

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:05 pm 
I mean, people should come to the kill site. And definitely it's worth a regular investigation. But this kill definitely had some form of NP help, unless Lucy made a really ballsy mtp kill. But that seems much less probable than hitman.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:06 pm 
10:29-10:51 I was in foo with ksedlar and ltchin. Not possible either could've done it.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:07 pm 
ltchin wrote:
Can confirm that jamb and ksedlar were chilling here. I have not moved from Foo since 7 PM. dgrazian and lilychen were also here a while ago - maybe they're still around Random?

If it's a hitman kill, is this worth investigating? We've also got a NP witness that says Lucy?

dgrazian and lily left hours ago. The NP witness was very clearly joking (though this could be reverse psychology).

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:08 pm 
Also, to be clear, all the NPs are trolls. I think that Ian's claim against Lucy means approximately nothing. I would also be unsurprised if none of the NPs even had to be prepped.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:12 pm 
There's a mafia dicsussion happening in Foo Lounge right now. Apparently we are allowed to investigate NPs, so it's still worthwhile.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:15 pm 
I was saying that Lucy -> aok was not worth colliding investigations over, so if it's to be done mayor Ksedlar should do it. Other investigations today should of course be done still, probably on this unless another kill happens in the next 36min

I think this is with high probability either mtp or hitman, so tomorrow's investigations should probably be saved.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:16 pm 
I was driving the van back from squares. It left a bit late because Luke was helping with a bit of cleanup, but it arrived just before day end (10:55 if i recall correctly?)

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:18 pm 
The investigation order for NPs: Victor = Ian >> Ishara (Lucy wasn't positive she was there when she left) > kmath (Lucy said kmath didn't see her leave).

Victor and Ian seem worth it. Not sure about the others. Regular investigators should definitely come to the kill site (Lucy, Jackie, ltchin and I are in Foo, so we wouldn't see you) to try to investigate today. I don't think this is worth using day 2 investigations on.

I'm also not sure it's worth investigating Lucy, because her stalker should be the one reporting on her (through a proxy!!)

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:19 pm 
I am going to investigate Victor (an NP), unless there's a good reason in the next 15 minutes for me not to.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:20 pm 
I was at pika, being in my room like the hermit I am.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:25 pm 
Jonathan Tidor says Victor Lopez did it

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:30 pm 
Victor now claims Ian did it. Probably none of these are very reliable

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:32 pm 
Yes, I still think it's worth investigating at least Victor and Ian. Either seems much more likely to have done it than any player.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:39 pm 
dgrazian and I were at our apartment

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:39 pm 
Confirming Lily and I were out our apartment.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:54 pm 
Was in 2E lounge. tsims and I saw each other on 2E at 10:58pm.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:03 pm 
Can confirm ajliu.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:27 pm 
So this kill is a bit strange. There's the Lucy possibility (but that seems too blatant and I don't like it), there's the hitman possibility (but Lucy thinks it's not very likely a hitman other than Victor or Ian did it), and then there's the "another mafia did it with NP help" possibility. In which case it's a well-executed kill, though alibis make it so there are few possibilities.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 3:13 am 
I was at Hygge from 9pm to 11:30pm or so. NPCs were here, but I can't give a strong alibi.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 3:54 am 
I was asleep you can check that nobody saw me at random but no alibi. (though note that I am currently awake)