Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:34 pm 
Victor Lopez did not kill aok.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:47 pm 
I'd like to see Lucy investigated more so than a hitman.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:50 pm 
Detective Squirtle says Ian Clester did not kill aok.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:53 pm 
I really think it is suboptimal to investigate hitman possibilities rather than players who may have made the kill.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:55 pm 
Players rather than nps I mean.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:00 pm 
At this point I agree that players are better to investigate than NPs. I think Victor and Ian were worth it in particular, and that it is quite unlikely that this kill didn't have NP help at the very least.

Lucy's claim was that the people who saw her leave the kitchen were Victor and Ian, (we've now talked to Ishara, and Ishara left before Lucy). She says the players in the lounge did not notice her, though she had a random encounter with a different NP on a different floor. Thus, if Lucy is innocent, it is more likely than not that the killer got help from one of Victor or Ian.

That said, I think kills that happen tomorrow are probably better for investigations than this one at this point.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:12 pm 
Again, with the caveat that investigations tomorrow are probably better spent on other kills, I think that the next most plausible player killers (after Lucy) would be:
dylanhen
Miranda Gavrin
jaysonl
Josh Frisch

Michikyo and regirock are technically possibilities, but they aren't on any Random guest list and don't really know any NPs afaik.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:15 pm 
Cross posting from other thread; dylanhen is a bit sketchy because of the unusual behavior of not going back on the ET van after Tech Squares. That could be an investigation worth doing.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:46 pm 
I'm inclined to say that given the hitman/mtp probability it would be most efficient to just have one group investigator do a 4-person investigation on day 3 to check whether any players made the kill. Does this seem reasonable?

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:47 pm 
Yeah, that seems pretty reasonable.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:51 pm 
Which 4 are you thinking?

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 12:02 am 
I personally like {Lucy, dylanhen, Miranda Gavrin, jaysonl} as the targets. Josh forgot to vote.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 3:18 am 
Sounds like a good plan to me.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 6:45 pm 
Given that we don't expect any (mafia) kills today will not be committed by ltchin, I am going to investigate Dylanhen for yesterday's kill. Mayor can investigate the same kill repeatedly, and I doubt there will be anything better. IMO group investigators should wait until tomorrow, regular investigators who did not investigate yesterday should investigate aok's death, and the regular investigator who did investigate yesterday should wait until day end, and if there are no more kills, simply double check ltchin->sammyluo.

If someone else is in the process of investigating Dylanhen, please have your proxy post in the next 10 minutes so we don't collide.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 7:45 pm 
Dylanhen did not kill Aok.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 1:07 am 
Okay, so my investigation was the only one that happened yesterday. O.O I guess I can see Detective Squirtle not wanting to bother with ltchin->sammyluo, but are there really not any other regular investigators? That would be sad. Good job on group investigators for not investigating yesterday though.

As mentioned earlier, we may want to do a group investigation for aok's kill. Which would be on {Miranda Gavrin, jaysonl, jfrisch, michikyo} at this point (maaaybe regirock could fit, but seems unlikely to me). In order to make sure there aren't collisions here (which we really don't want on a 4 person group investigation), any GI wanting to do this investigation should have their proxy post that the investigation will happen in 30 minutes, unless someone else says that they already sent in the investigation. The GI whose proxy posts first should then investigate 30 minutes after their proxy's post. This would preferably be done earlier in the day rather than later, but not tonight (gods are asleep).

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 10:01 am 
Poke. Would like a group investigator to do this soon.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:37 pm 
Ksedlar says she investigated me (lilychen) for killing regirock, which came up negative. (Her phone is dead and she asked for someone else to post it.)

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 12:12 am 
To elaborate, Jakob questioned an NP who said that regirock was killed by an Asian girl about her height. This is why I investigated Lily. I did, in fact, get a negative. MtP was possible, but the NP was also nastya.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 12:39 pm 
Are there any group investigators in the game now??? We need you!

Obviously, don't respond to this, but absolutely DO make an investigation today! Not right away. Let's see how alibis go. But definitely in several hours.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 6:36 pm 
PO Investigation:

I checked the kill site, questioned an NP witness, and then used my PO investigation. The NP gave vague advice (for infuriating reasons, would not give me the killer), but it would suggest jfrisch or lilychen, so I investigated lilychen. The results came up negative

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 9:17 pm 
The three investigations I made:
Jaysonl did not kill aok
Maxmurin did not kill regirock
Jamb did not kill ksedlar

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 10:24 pm 
dylanhen did not kill ksedler

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 10:36 pm 
jaysonl wrote:
dylanhen did not kill ksedler

Um, whichever investigator investigated this, it sounds like you find the dylan/jayson are mafia theory plausible enough to investigate it. Unless this investigation decreased your confidence in that sufficently, why'd you pick jaysonl as your proxy? You think he's mafia.

In other words, I find this investigation mildly sketchy. Not enough to claim that this should be investigated again though

Jayson, can you name your investigator?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 10:42 pm 
"Name your investigator" is going a bit far and is NOT a good idea. However, I agree that this was an exceptionally weird thing to proxy through jaysonl. First, dylan is being stalked, and second, obviously jaysonl already knows this...

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 11:37 pm 
name, meaning, like, "colin creevey", not, like "jamb".

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 12:15 am 
Jaysonl, can your investigator (or a proxy for them) identify themselves to me. Or if not me then jfrisch? I prefer me though.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 2:10 pm 
Yesterday, Josh Frisch reported as mayor that jaysonl did not kill ksedlar. It looks like he didn't actually post it on the forum though.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 3:40 pm 
I've responded to dgrazian.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 4:00 pm 
PO Investigation:

maxmurin came up negative for killing jakob