Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The Death Eaters
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:34 pm 
ksedlar and I have written an explanation of some stuff that's been going on.

Ltchin is rogue and tsims is mafia! Also more info

Ksedlar: So, yesterday, as I understand it, an NP saw tsims disarming ltchin in 8.282/12.402. There was a big blop of derpishness where the NP only recognized tsims, but not ltchin, so the NP's initial description made it sound like she was ajliu. This is why ajliu got vigilante killed. I was not involved in the planning of ajliu's death and I frown on it for being hasty, but it was much more reasonable at the time than other people are giving it credit for.

Jakob: I was the one who contacted the NP in tsims’s class, found out that a disarm happened, and interpreted the NP’s description. When Jackie and I first thought about “short asian girl with glasses and green?? Hair”, we thought hair color might’ve been wrong, and jumped to the wrong conclusion. (sidenote: ajliu has glasses but doesn’t always wear them; we didn’t think of ltchin because her hair dye is in the back). I was the one who planned the ajliu vig kill since I was having problems acquiring a taser.

Ksedlar: Tsims has already been tased today
Jakob: I tried pretty hard to get a taser last night before interacting with tsims in case he was suspecting me and would kill me before I shared the info too far. I failed to do so, but I was not killed last night, and I tased tsims in front of michikyo and sammyluo at around 1:09 in front of W20.

Ksedlar: On a different but related note, Jackie and I had a plan yesterday of being "the fake mafia." By which I meant we tracked down a bunch of people in order to pretend like we were going to kill them and trick serial killers, saying, "I'm going to kill you, if you're serial killer kill me now so I can disarm you." Sammy also knew about this plan, and regirock joined our chat after our attempt on her. Our schedule:
Jackie -> Miranda (did not see Miranda)
Jackie -> regirock (regirock was terrified, ran into a wall, and did not kill Jackie)
me -> Miranda (determined at that point that Miranda had skipped class)
Jackie -> ajliu (ajliu was not there)
me -> tsims (will elaborate on this later)
Jackie -> Tuan/Max (Tuan's class let out early, Max could not be found)
me -> michikyo/Tuan (both of their classrooms were empty)
me -> ltchin (just seemed very confused, was not scared at all)
This made regirock look pretty good and ltchin look pretty sketchy.

Ksedlar: Regarding the tsims thing, I went to tsims’s class because it was right next to my Japanese class. I hung out in the room until 1:04 and didn’t see him. The professor started the lecture, so I left and hung out in the nook by the back door, keeping watch on the hallway outside the front door. At about 1:06, Jakob passed by the adjacent hallway, saw me, and ran off. I figured I should abandon my wait at that point and text Jakob about what happened, so I left. On a minor note, I also ran into Tuan, but was too surprised to fake-kill him.

Jakob: I saw ksedlar waiting outside of tsims’s room and ran away. She texted me explaining the plan above, and I confirmed it with the others involved. She said that tsims wasn’t there, but I was under the impression that this is a class he attends, so I asked an NP emmar in the class whether tsims showed up and whether any funny business occurred. She told me that someone had run into the class, both people said “bang” loudly, then they came to an agreement. I asked “wait, did someone say ‘disarm’? Could the hair color have been different?” and she said she definitely heard “disarm” and the hair color was maybe different. I’d misinterpreted who had said disarm, so at that point decided to tase amanda. However, I was really busy with out of game stuff and had trouble getting a taser, so I ended up having her vig killed instead. She was not mafia.

Ksedlar: I heard a part of Jakob’s NP info from Lucy, who told me and Jackie. I was confused, because I thought tsims wasn’t in that class. However, I later got NP (roserobb) confirmation that he was there, and just came late. Lucy and I also came to the independent conclusion that the NP was describing ltchin, but we were initially confused because we forgot ltchin had dyed hair until NP kmath reminded us.

Jakob: at 2ish PM today, I asked emmar whether this happened at the beginning or end of class and she said end; at that point I became less confused and stopped suspecting ksedlar entirely.

Jakob: Later that day, I talked to emmar again. I went through all the players in game that plausibly fit the description and showed pictures to emmar. She gave a positive ID on ltchin, and said that it was definitely taylor who said “disarm”. At that point I decided I needed to tase him.

tl;dr tsims is mafia, ltchin rogue. tsims is tased. We should lynch tsims tonight and ltchin tomorrow.

Jakob: To deter conscription, I commit to being lynched on the night of day 4 (friday night) unless there is sufficient evidence that someone else has been conscripted.

Post subject: Re: The Death Eaters
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:44 pm 
jakob wrote:
I tased tsims in front of michikyo and sammyluo at around 1:09 in front of W20.

W20 tase it

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:55 pm 
Quote:
She said that tsims wasn’t there, but I was under the impression that this is a class he attends, so I asked an NP emmar in the class whether tsims showed up and whether any funny business occurred. She told me that someone had run into the class, both people said “bang” loudly, then they came to an agreement.

I see no reason why this is not just jakob + ksedlar faking / prepping NP testimony and trying to kill off several players that look alike. Like wtf, Lucy and jamb and sammy and michikyo and jakob and ksedlar? That's a solid portion of game just coming out and snowballing on to this plot. I would not be surprised if a mafia mastermind just encouraged / faked the NP testimony and is killing 3 players off like this for relatively free.

The hastiness of the vig kill also freaks me out a lot. Like, if you think that I'm a SK, then I can only make a kill every 3 days. This is _not_ worth shooting from the hip for

Quote:
me -> ltchin (just seemed very confused, was not scared at all)
This made regirock look pretty good and ltchin look pretty sketchy.

From my perspective, I was working desk and ksedlar just touched me on the shoulder and said something really fast in my face. I do not paranoia text and do not freak out when deaths happen. Last game, I saw Nastya come up from a mile away and I didn't bother paranoia texting because it's like "welp, GG". A "really confused" reading does not automatically make me mafia. jamb and ksedlar then got really pissed when I messaged people going "wtf" after this happened.

I know that people are going to be convinced just because there is a really long explanation, but frauding a story like this that only hinges on NP testimony seems like the honestly convoluted thing that ksedlar and jakobw would come up with.

If people want to vig test me, I'm down for that.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:57 pm 
At the time, we thought the disarm went the other way. Also agree that the vigilante kill was still a bit too fast.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 2:09 pm 
Nice work. I buy this story. Onboard with lynching tsims today and ltchin tomorrow.

And isn't tapping people on the shoulder to fake making an incant technically illegal, or at least highly frowned upon?

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 2:12 pm 
I assume Katie and Jackie talked to gods about this for the lols and didn't get highly frowned upon

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 2:13 pm 
Just realized that I confused vig testing with prophet testing. Played in too many games and get them all confused. X_X Regardless, I'm not mafia-aligned and can role-claim or whatever

I'm still not 100% sure what ksedlar said to me tbh. It was literally "put her hand on my shoulder and said ad;jfa;ldfadadf" which is why I was so confused.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 2:14 pm 
I definitely don't think it would be illegal or even frowned upon. As long as you're not actually faking an incant.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 2:52 pm 
I trust this story. Jakob had a great opportunity to kill me earlier and didn't use it so I think at least he is legit.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 3:09 pm 
(I haven't had time to respond to this until now, as I had class)
This is just not true. I have no idea what schemes ksedlar was up to with the whole serial killer thing, but they are right in that I did arrive to lecture late, as I was grabbing a quick lunch in my room before lecture. I didn't see ksedlar, and nothing happened after that lecture. I think this is ksedlar/jakob prepping nps or just lying about np testimonials to sow confusion and get people lynched. To me, ksedlar's whole "wait outside of people's classes and then trying to elicigt any response out of them" seems sketch.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 4:34 pm 
@tsims, Jackie and I came up with the plan pre-game. Also, @ltchin, I agree that I spoke too fast, but you were not the least bit scared, and you proceeded to actively impede any continuation of our plan by texting people (who you refused to disclose the identities of) about what happened (making psychological information we received from future attempts much less valuable). Speaking of which, if ltchin texted you at roughly 7:35 yesterday about the fake-kill incident which confused her, please speak up!

Also, my personal claim is that ltchin is sketchy, based on circumstances that Sammy and Jackie can confirm. Jakob is the one calling you mafia and serial killer. However, I am inclined to believe him based on the fact that if one of tsims and ltchin was IC or GN, he would be obviously caught. Furthermore, if tsims or ltchin were vigilante, then they kill him before being lynched in the same way that tsims did last game. There's only a 25/64 chance that the roles work out such that neither are those 3 roles. Plus, everything else would need to work out (e.g. prepping the NP to be able to answer specific details even while talking to Sammy).

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 5:10 pm 
So ltchin made a kill today... the most likely point of error I can think of is that emmar misremembers who said "bang" and who said "disarm" and tsims is the SK. Sorry about tasing the wrong person. lynch ltchin.