Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 10:57 pm 
No lynch would obviously be optimal but seeing as it's unavailable...

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:05 pm 
I think we're going with brunnerj.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:07 pm 
We should lych jakob. Reasons coming shortly.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:09 pm 
jakob wrote:
We should lynch tsims tonight and ltchin tomorrow. Jakob: To deter conscription, I commit to being lynched on the night of day 4 (friday night) unless there is sufficient evidence that someone else has been conscripted.

jakob wrote:
having me lynched unless there's a better target should help prevent my conscription. If I change my mind, it's somewhat likely I'm conscripted.

jakob said he should be lynched after ltchin and tsims. They are now both dead, so he's next. If he tries to resist, "it's somewhat likely [he's] conscripted."

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:09 pm 
I'm willing to bet that either brunnerj or dylanhen and jaysonl are mafia. If we're wrong about brunnerj, then I think we're still okay. Whereas if we lynch dylanhen and we're wrong then I think we're very sad.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:12 pm 
Do not under any circumstances lynch Jakob. I would bet multiple games on him not being mafia as of 5 hours ago.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:12 pm 
Dylan is this coming from you or somebody else. Is somebody else suggesting that you write this? Who else is involved with plan?

Also, I STRONGLY oppose this plan! Do my lunch Jakob.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:13 pm 
Lynch Josh!

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:13 pm 
jaysonl and I discussed and agreed on this. Why do you oppose it?

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:15 pm 
Daniel Grazian wrote:
Dylan is this coming from you or somebody else. Is somebody else suggesting that you write this? Who else is involved with plan?

Also, I STRONGLY oppose this plan! Do my lunch Jakob.

Do not lynch Jakob.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:16 pm 
Why do people want to lynch josh? If it's just because he knew where Lucy was, we should lynch jamb, since she also knew and sketchily left the ADT performance.

I still advocate lynching jakob.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:16 pm 
I'm not necessarily advocating to lynch Jakob, but Dylan is right that we should consider the possibility of Jakob being mafia.

He did point out Tsims and ltchin as scum, but in doing so he had a vigilante kill ajliu (a townie), wasted that vigilantes kill, and wasted a taser on Tsims, which seems like a reasonable high-risk high-reward play if he were mafia. Plus the game was set up to end quickly, so I don't think losing two mafia-aligned players while gaining a lot of trust for a third by day 3 is that bad of a deal for mafia. Jakob is a great actor, and by now I believe he has a lot of role info.

If there's anyone who could pull such a thing off, it would be Jakob.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:17 pm 
Please lynch brunnerj. Please please please.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:18 pm 
Tomorrow the mayor should count the mafia, regardless of who ends of lynched.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:18 pm 
And Jakob could have easily killed Tsims.

It would not be an unreasonable move for mafia, seeing how much role information town has revealed in the ensuing chaos.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:19 pm 
dylanhen wrote:
Why do people want to lynch josh? If it's just because he knew where Lucy was, we should lynch jamb, since she also knew and sketchily left the ADT performance.

I still advocate lynching jakob.

Lol how is me leaving sketchy. I fled because I didn't want you to kill me. Also I announced that I was leaving.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:20 pm 
If I had killed you Josh would have known, and I wasn't checking my phone so I didn't know I was about to be lynched.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:28 pm 
Josh would have known? What? Is this about a stalker stalking? There are two ways for you to know that: massive role leak, or you're both mafia and he's the mafia stalker?! This is quite some freudian slip, if that's what that is...

I don't know how in the world you would know this as a townie; there isn't a GCSN for you to get that information. Further, casually leaking it seems pessimal for town.

I don't know.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:29 pm 
I got super confused and I'm pretty sure I forgot to vote before day end and voted for myself/the corpse of tsims. That said, I think we should lynch all the surviving members of the set {jakob, dylan, josh} in the next few days unless someone gets revealed as definite mafia. Pretty sure this is approximately a three-way beef at this point, and historically it's mostly mafia who start last minute lynch mobs.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:30 pm 
jamb, brunnerj, and I were at the ADT performance together. I wouldn't have kill jamb in front of brunnerj.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:32 pm 
alright, maybe i'm wound up by the chaos and i forget that people can be together physically
my above post is probably able to be ignored

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:33 pm 
I'm still confused as to why people voted for brunnerj. Nobody gave any reason that doesn't apply equally well to jamb, and jamb has done other sketchy things. Also nobody said why we shouldn't lynch jakob, which makes me even more suspicious.

Can someone not involved in any of this shovel brunnerj, and can we get a new mayor to count the mafia?

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:37 pm 
brunnerj shovel result seems likely to be manipulated by mafia, either way.

Using our last count the mafia on this seems dumb. Personally I doubt brunnerj was mafia and feel sad about having joined a last minute lynch mob for him.

I continue to think dylanhen is sketchy and don't feel that we should assume against mafia claiming GNs together, though I am certainly bayesian updating away from him being mafia because of the claim.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:40 pm 
I didn't think about plant evidence, so I now think shoveling josh is possibly a waste. And I didn't know the first CtM had been used, so I agree it's not worth using the second one.

It might still be good to shovel a random one of {tsims, brunnerj}, since mafia only have one Plant.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:45 pm 
I agree jamb and jakob are suspicious because of tonight's shenanigans. Generally I think shovel decisions should be made on the spur of the moment by the owners of shovels, because any sort of consensus-building gives mafia time to plant evidence.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 12:20 pm 
Daniel Grazian wrote:
Also, I STRONGLY oppose this plan! Do not lynch Jakob.

You haven't explained why you didn't want to lynch jakob. Was it just because ksedlar said she trusted him?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 12:26 pm 
Ksedlar trusted him, he looked psychologically innocent to me, and he caught two Mafia-aligned people
Also, unless Ksedlar is also Mafia, jakob was not conscripted before 7:00 pm yesterday. Which I'd say significantly brings down the odds that he was conscripted by the end of the day.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 12:43 pm 
Can someone other than jakob produce strong evidence that tsims was SK?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 12:45 pm 
In the world where Jakob is mafia, I think it's much more likely that he was original mafia than that he was conscripted.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 1:23 pm 
I'll note, the only reasons people have given me that they trust Jakob have been because he has played so well for town. jamb claimed he caught two mafia day one and others have stated he's cauted 2-3 mafia aligned people. We've only confirmed one of these, can someone please check on tsims?

Also, 1 (or even two) mafia for an attempted two tazer uses, a vigilante power, a spree killing, and lynching a GN and keeping the trust of the Mayor as well as some other town seems like a pretty reasonable trade.

I currently strongly suspect jamb and Jakob as the two remaining mafia.