Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 1:06 am 
An important question:

Has anybody in the game been trying to get role info. Even (or maybe especially) subtly. Please post if anybody has been doing this. Obviously don't give any details that will actually risk publicizing more role information.

A separate question:

I want to figure out whether anything sketchy was going on with voting yesterday. If you were with any group (group = >1) discussing lynch voting please describe how that conversation went and especially who was advocating for who. I'll start.
I was discussing lynch voting with lilychen, ksedlar, and jakob. We were all on board with lynching dylanhen (though lilychen was a little less confident about it) until the jaysonl-dylanhen claim. In the aftermath of that, ksedlar and I were more in favor of lynching josh, while jakob was more in favor of lynching dylanhen (jakob/ksedlar, correct me if I reversed you two.) Lilychen was reluctantly in favor of lynching Josh over dylanhen, but she was quite suspicious of jakob. Ksedlar, jakob, and I convinced her to vote for jakob.

A final (and related) question:

Who was advocating for lynching jakob, and why?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 1:11 am 
*to NOT vote for Jakob, and to vote for brunnerj.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 1:15 am 
I was talking to ksedlar and jakob sporadically over chat. Neither was really telling me anything which was quite frustrating. At first I was going with the lynch dylanhen plan but then ksedlar and jakob both told me to switch to brunnerj.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 1:16 am 
jamb wrote:
I was talking to ksedlar and jakob sporadically over chat. Neither was really telling me anything which was quite frustrating. At first I was going with the lynch dylanhen plan but then ksedlar and jakob both told me to switch to brunnerj.

Where by "anything" I mean any significantly more thorough communication than what was happening on forums, after 10:30.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 1:20 am 
ksedlar wrote:
*to NOT vote for Jakob, and to vote for brunnerj.

Sorry, yes. The three of us convinced Lily to vote for brunnerj and emphatically not jakob.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 2:16 am 
I'd be especially interested in dylanhen's thoughts and any observations of dylanhen during this time?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 9:05 am 
jakob committed to being lynched day 4, and it seemed reasonable to lynch him a day early (we're lynching him today, right?). I think there's an above average chance he's mafia.

When people were pushing to lynch brunnerj, I was especially confused, because the only sketchy thing he did was know Lucy was going to the kill site, but so did jamb, and jamb's been acting generally sketchier.

Why did people want to lynch brunnerj and not jakob or jamb?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 9:37 am 
[quote="dylanhen"Why did people want to lynch brunnerj and not jakob or jamb?[/quote]
Because ksedlar trusted jakob and jamb a lot.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 9:46 am 
People will be lynching Jakob tonight over my dead body. Which may turn up today, but then all the more reason to not lynch Jakob.

I want to lynch someone actually likely to be mafia, not the person who caught 2 mafia. Jakob having volunteered to be lynched does not make lynching Jakob even remotely a good idea. This is a close game, which was mafia biased from the start, and lynching wrong is an enormous cost for us.

I will personally vouch that there is at least a 95% chance that Jamb was not mafia when Lucy was killed. From my perspective, she could not have been conscripted at that point, and my "ltchin is super sketchy" conclusion day 1 was completely preventable. She also seems very psychologically innocent, and I have also demonstrated past ability to read Jamb in the past two games she played (ET Mystery Mafia and ET Tragedy Looper). So brunnerj was definitely the best option if we weren't lynching you. I trusted Jackie, and I also believe ltchin was informed about Lucy coming (it's out of character for her to wait around for hours and she ran off afterwards; it's also unlikely that she saw them coming there by chance). For the same reason, I was also fairly confident that if brunnerj was not mafia, you (dylanhen) were. And not only did you know his role, but you knew it was a role that you didn't have to in-person kill.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 11:02 am 
Oh yeah, Dylan asked for my role over text yesterday. He said, "Can you role claim to me? I think you're probably the best lynch target, because josh says he sent you [an investigation]." Shockingly, I did not tell Dylan my role.