Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Rule amendment!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:33 pm 
New mafia power: Frame an innocent

Once during the game, the mafia may choose to "change" who killed someone to someone else (anyone else, even townspeople!) this way, any investigation on this murder, will only come up true if the "framed target" is asked about.

Example, I kill Abby, and use "frame an innocent" to say that bob killed her. An investigator investigates this murder, asking if I killed Abby, the answer is no. The answer will only be yes if the investigator asks about bob.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:33 pm 
Also, if anyone asks your name you have to reply truthfully.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:33 pm 
(in any context that is)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:45 pm 
Just to clarify -- has this ability replaced the Mafia's "Manipulate the Press" ability, or will they have access to both of them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:19 pm 
They have access to both of them. Each may be used once. (The townspeople seemed too favored in comparison to the last few games, with the addition of the microphone and receiver pairs. This is to even it out.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:32 pm 
How does frame an innocent interact with microphones and receivers? Who does the person with the receiver think is guilty? Do the mafia know that the victim had an activated microphone before they choose whether to use this power?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:45 pm 
The mafia acquires all of someones items when they are killed, they will find the microphone on the dead body, so they are aware that they have a microphone.

The person with the receiver, if the mafia chooses to use the power still, investigates as normal, although they will only receive "true" if they guess the person the mafia framed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:55 pm 
Can the Mafia decide to Frame an Innocent adaptively after finding a Microphone on the body?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:32 pm 
If the Mafia want to Frame the Innocent when the dead person has a microphone , they can. Although, the person with the receiver investigate the real killer, and the investigator will investigate the framed one. (all of this make sense?)

(Sorry, the last thing I said was wrong, I'll fix it in the rules)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:34 pm 
Note:

When you send me a pm telling me who you want to vote for, please make the subject include who you are voting for, to make this easy:)
(don't worry about it if you already have voted for today, however you sent it counts just fine)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:41 pm 
Just to clarify, because your wording confuses me:

If the mafia use Frame an Innocent on a murder where the victim is holding an activated microphone, an *investigator* investigating the kill will get a positive response for the *framed* person, while the person with the *receiver* will get a positive response for the *true* killer.

Is this correct?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:59 pm 
Yes, thank you Krue, that is correct and much clearer.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]