Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:55 pm 
So, are there any sketchy people we want to look at yet? Not that we have much to go on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:16 pm 
I have only slight suspicions, and I think they are solely mine so i'll just sit on them. Something like 1/3 to 1/2 of game will be playing in Synch and unavailable for most of the evening. I'm planning on being back to my computer at 11, other synch players should do something similar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:48 pm 
Hi all,

Dgrazian and Andrew's arguments are extremely reasonable (and after the clusterfuck from last IAP I am more than happy to oblige). Unfortunately I usually never see people since I'm stuck waaaaay far away from campus. Can I arrange a time/place with a few of you to destroy Fake #3? I'm not avail tomorrow (have a training session from 8a to 5p and then events afterwards). However, I'm around all Sunday morning/early afternoon and would be willing to even make the trek to Random if necessary =p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:01 pm 
I would naturally be happy to help oversee fake ID destruction. I can meet wherever is convenient on campus (Maseeh is centrally located, and I'd like to see the players there be more involved with the game.) Any Maseehites (is that the word?) want to be part of this? Ideally, we destroy all three at once. Kezi and crockct, this is particularly directed at you :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:33 pm 
Tonight I want to lynch jwu.

Here's why:

(1) She's been inactive in this game as well as the last game of live action mafia. If we're going to lynch somebody without any information, she seems like as good a target as anybody. But we do have useful information.

(2) On Day 1, before Rob killed Tom, nine or ten of us at Random were trying to decide on an alternate lynch target in case Austin's trolling was the Politician trying to get lynched. We wanted to be sure that the lynch decision didn't default to whatever stray votes were cast or to random lynching. The two most discussed possibilities were "no lynch" and jwu. Rob was vehemently opposed to the possibility of lynching jwu. Given that Rob was caught as mafia later that night, jwu seems like the best lynch target.

I am casting my vote for jwu unless the evening provides a very convincing reason otherwise. I hope that others will do the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:36 pm 
Daniel, what reason did Rob say not to lynching jwu, and whom did he propose lynching instead?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:42 pm 
Daniel seems very sure that we should lynch jwu. I will vote for her since we have no more information. His notes (which he took before we knew that rob was mafia) say that rob was very opposed to lynching jwu. I thought that rob was more in favor of no-lynch, but Daniel was paying more attention to him than I was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:47 pm 
I remember Rob not wanting to lynch Jwu as well. Considering that we're pretty sure he's mafia, I would be up for voting for Jwu, since there are no other real suspicions as yet.

Unless I can get online later, voting for Jwu.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:49 pm 
Daniel Grazian wrote:
The two most discussed possibilities were "no lynch" and jwu.

Just for clarification - why was she a potential chopping-block candidate on day 1? It makes sense if it's for the same reason (silence), but just wanted to clarify in case I was missing something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:52 pm 
Assuming that dgrazian isn't Mafia, I'm voting for jwu unless there is more information later.

Also, given the fact that conscription exists, any special shiny should make sure to have at least a 2-long proxy, so that the Mafia can't conscript the proxy to find out who the person is. I'm assuming the Mafia already knows about this strategy, so hopefully this doesn't give them any ideas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:57 pm 
Woah. I'm really glad I just checked this.

I have no clue why Rob would be opposed to lynching me as I have never met/spoke to him before.

Also, during the Fa11 game I was suddenly hosed and forgot to check the forums (unless ssuen reminded me). Now, I'm just helping out at EC with bad ideas (such as posting the Bad Ideas Posters around the infinite). I'll be more active on the forums but I probably won't be able to actually go to Random.

Sorry if this is so discombobulated. I'm just really surprised that I was brought out of nowhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:16 pm 
So, I live two doors down from Jwu and am pretty convinced that she's a townsperson as I haven't observed any sketchy activity... if you're thinking of lynching her solely for being a non-voter, the fact that she just responded on the forum puts her a cut above the other inactives. She may still be a valid target due to Dgrazian's argument (2), but I think we need more information/elaboration/justification on his part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:35 pm 
Alex: Rob was pushing for "no lynch" (which, incidentally, I was as well, though I was willing to lynch an inactive if that was what most people wanted.) If I remember correctly he was somewhat less upset about the possibility of lynching tenkate (the other person who came up as a possible alternative to Austin.)

Vivian: Jwu originally came under consideration solely for her inactivity. I was trying to bring those of us who were discussing the game at Random to a consensus. I preferred to go with "no lynch" but others were opposed to this. I then went through the names of the players, looking for inactives, and suggested jwu as a possibility. Rob was very much opposed to this.

ssuen: I am targeting jwu because of her link to Rob. The fact that she is inactive is a minor detail next to that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:39 pm 
I really can't explain why Rob would be so against lynching me. Is there really no one else to lynch today other than me?

Are there really no other inactive people that we can lynch or even not lynch? I really don't know what to do to show that I'm innocent. I seriously haven't done anything this game which I admit is my fault. I promise to be more active on the forums, but what else can I do now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:50 pm 
So reasons why Rob wouldn't want to lynch Jwu:

1) She's a fellow mafioso.
2) She's a conscripted individual (and thus GOTO 1)
3) Rob somehow knows she's a special role and wanted to conscript her later, so better to keep her alive another day?
4) Rob knew Jwu had established trust with someone who is most definitely a mafia and could be used to sway votes later in the game, so good to keep her around... although from the sound of Jwu's post this is not the case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:06 pm 
Note that (2) in Vivian's post is impossible, because no one could have been conscripted on day 1, when all of this occurred (since there was a murder that day.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:45 pm 
So, to be clear, its by far the more likely option that Jwu is not mafia with that said I am still fine having her as de-facto individual. Given that Rob said statements which may have (I'm still not totally convinced he was far more opposed to killing her than to killing tencate) indicted her, and given that he presumably didn't realize he was about to be found out as mafia I think it is legitimate to kill her on the one third or so chance that she is Mafia. HOWEVER if any information comes to light that information should be valued MUCH over the nebulous reasoning linking jwu to Rob.
Summary, Vote for Jwu, but be willing to change your minds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:04 pm 
in response to dgrazian 14 posts before me - crockct and i have been talking about a maseeh get-together. i guess we'll invite all of you once we find a time that will maximize the number of maseeh people present

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:06 pm 
Interesting. I sort of agree with these suspicions, but only if we've got little else to go on. So I guess I'll vote for Jwu unless we find a better candidate. (Unlikely because of the 10-day?) Here are some other thoughts, just so we're considering all our options.

-Austin still seems trollish. He voted for Alex, whom I think a number of us find trustworthy, with no explanation. Likely bad townie play, but could be Mafia setting up tiebreakers and such. If Lydia had been politician and a couple of Mafia or fake IDs had voted with him, Alex could be dead. That seems problematic to me. Then again, he seems more troll than guilty.

-Jacobian seems a bit weird, but that could be just normal him.

-Several people haven't taken any public game actions (posts, votes) yet. We shouldn't give them a free pass. According to the spreadsheet and my memory, this is {dbr, kezi, tencate, wcheang}.

That said, Jwu seems like a decent target. It's defintely a possible Mafia mistake to overdefend other Mafia, although this seems too obvious. So, as I said, I'll vote for her unless I see something better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:07 pm 
Okay since it is almost inevitable that I am going to be lynched, I just want to wish everyone good luck against the mafia. I'm going to DnD/bad ideas now and don't know if I can access a computer.

Voting for no lynch

<3 Jwu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:08 pm 
Edit: Austin wanted to pretend to vote for Alex? Intended to vote for Alex? Wanted to make it look like he intended to vote for Alex? Is still trolling?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:59 pm 
Austin, stop changing the spreadsheet to say you voted for me on Day 2. You didn't. Changing the record of votes crosses the line from "ha-ha trolling" to sabotaging the town.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:13 pm 
Ok, ssuen is dead. Killed in Talbot. Jwu lives on same floor as ssuen and is involved with Bad Ideas, for which I believe preparation is taking place in Talbot.

This would certainly appear to be a clear case of a desperado kill (Jwu is getting lynched anyway, so she might as well make the kill for the day to protect other mafia from investigation.) Could investigators please confirm?

Talbot is the lounge on the first floor of the west parallel of EC. I scouted it out just now, and it is currently publicly accessible (because of Bad Ideas, I assume.) Investigators should trek over there tonight if they can. Just pop into Talbot briefly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:24 pm 
Alex, I just realized that the spreadsheet is NOT the way to vote... getting the hang of everything (figured out that I had to PM someone) -_-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:32 pm 
Austin posted in the other thread to say he was nearby, and knows who was there, without giving any alibi or any list of who else was there. This is actively destructive to town. I'm wondering if his trolling is Mafia trolling rather than town trolling.

That said, Jwu remains a great suspect. Was she seen in the vicinity at the time? (Austin, be useful for once?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:49 pm 
I was at ET for Initiation, with AdamYedidia and jaxxson.
I will take any chance to vote off Austin, but Jwu seems like the logical thing to do. I don't think a sight confirmation is needed since she said herself she was doing Bad Ideas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:21 pm 
Chewy's post in the other thread summed up my feelings pretty well.
Alibi-wise, I was sitting in Legal Seafood having dinner with five other individuals who can vouch for my presence.

Voting for Jwu tonight, and seriously contemplating voting off Austin tomorrow if he doesn't stop trolling the game. It's seriously getting frustrating. Doing the "I know something you don't know~" act isn't helpful for anyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:49 pm 
All right! My investigator (same one who confirmed that Rob killed Tom) has confirmed that Jwu killed ssuen.

I actually would have preferred a negative response, in which case I would have figured that the mafia had used manipulate the press in a desperate attempt to save Jwu. They still have both Manipulate the Press and Frame a Townsperson.

Anyway, everybody should vote for Jwu. Two mafia down!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:56 pm 
can confirm that Daniel's investigator made the claim, if another investigator tested the scene.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:22 pm 
I saw Jwu there! :D I am pretty sure that you have the correct person ;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next