Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Day 4 Discussion
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:38 am 
*bump* Feel free to reply to my other posts here (or there if you don't see this). Anyways, onwards an upwards for us, the town!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:27 am 
... I don't remember how Alex has acted in other mafia games I've been in, but I think he's been too aggressive in spearheading accusations. My current suspicion is that he has been claiming investigator (or to other people, "to know an investigator"), and that he had ssuen killed by a fellow mafia member, possibly actually jwu since jwu was already under suspicion, but if not, that he had frame an innocent used on her on purpose so that other investigator claims would come up true and that the secret re-checks would not be heard of in person, and he would be forever believed to be investigator.

Being online while in Synchronicity _a minute_ after the death report is also suspicious; I fully believe he was waiting for the report.

Mind you, I'm okay voting for Austin first, because he's either relatively irritating, stupid mafia or the most irritating, stupid troll I've seen in all of MIT (which is quite a feat, MIT has many trolls), but I think the most suspicious person in the game right now is Alex.

Also, sorry I wasn't online until after voting--I've been hanging out with Piper since 7:20, and we were having a conversation that lasted from 11 until now, or else I probably would've gotten on at 11:30 and talked about stuff before voting concluded (and probably voted for Alex for tiebreaker purposes).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:37 am 
For the record, dgrazian is the one proxying for an (alleged) inspector, unless i'm really misreading the forums.
As for alex... I think people know what I think there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:44 am 
That is correct. I am proxying for an inspector. Alex is not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:35 am 
Alright! So I WAS right about Alex :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:22 am 
I agree with fluffy. I'm not as suspicious about Alex as he is, but I definitely think we need to tread cautiously. That said, my vote for today will most likely be going towards Austin, simply because I don't have much patience for random fooling around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:33 pm 
So I am actually LESS suspicious of Alex than I ordinarily would be. Alex is quite a good Mafia player and nothing he has done feels particularly more likely to be doen by mafia than by a good player. Furthermore the mafia have been, to be frank, rather obvious about their murders so far. (We have two positive investigations linking a given person to a murder, Lydia is in my opinion only 35-40% guilty (but still was a good lynch) so we have killed two to three mafia, If Alex was Mafia I assume he wouldn't allow this level of stupid murders to happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:12 pm 
I am with Josh on this one, at least for now. I don't trust Alex, but I don't find him any more suspicious than average. I do not want to go lynch mobbing after him right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:16 pm 
Mad Scientist(s):

Please make sure that you are harvesting corpses each day to complete your monster(s). Remember that you can only harvest one corpse per day, so you can't wait until five murders have occurred and then harvest all the corpses in a single campus crawl.

And the Mad Scientist, unless about to be lynched, should not reveal himself/herself as Mad Scientist to anybody. At least I can't easily think of a scenario in which that would be advisable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:57 pm 
FYI i'm meeting with kezi in maseeh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:19 pm 
I guess I should respond. I'm a Townie. I've been helpful and done absolutely nothing suspicious. Nothing I've done has been "something a Mafia would do," which is what I understand "suspicious" to mean.
fluffy wrote:
... I don't remember how Alex has acted in other mafia games I've been in, but I think he's been too aggressive in spearheading accusations.

I'm generally an active Mafia player, so I make and push public accusations. It's good play. If town never goes through with accusations, Mafia just wins. Public accusations are forthright and accountable. Also, the only person I've pushed to lynch is Lydia; otherwise, I just went along with the obvious decisions. And, yes, I thought the chance she was Mafia was above 50%, which you though merited accusation for some reason.
fluffy wrote:
My current suspicion is that he has been claiming investigator (or to other people, "to know an investigator"),

Completely false.
fluffy wrote:
and that he had ssuen killed by a fellow mafia member, possibly actually jwu since jwu was already under suspicion, but if not, that he had frame an innocent used on her on purpose so that other investigator claims would come up true and that the secret re-checks would not be heard of in person,

I don't see what connection you're claiming between me and the ssuen killing. The Mafia Framing-an-Innocent jwu would be an utter waste of their power to lynch the person who was already getting lynched. That theory is ridiculous.
fluffy wrote:
and he would be forever believed to be investigator.
Still completely false. And easily disproved. I have never claimed to be an Investigator or in contact with one. You made this up out of nowhere. You could have just publicly asked just asked whether I'd ever claimed Investigator and gotten all "no's" rather than posting this ill-founded accusation.
fluffy wrote:
Being online while in Synchronicity _a minute_ after the death report is also suspicious; I fully believe he was waiting for the report.
Oh, didn't notice that. But I don't understand this accusation. Why would you expect a Mafia to publicly post right after a planned kill?
fluffy wrote:
Mind you, I'm okay voting for Austin first, because he's either relatively irritating, stupid mafia or the most irritating, stupid troll I've seen in all of MIT (which is quite a feat, MIT has many trolls),

I agree about Austin. But if you still believe I'm the most suspicious person, I fully expect you stand by your word and go for me next.
fluffy wrote:
but I think the most suspicious person in the game right now is Alex.
It's easy to cast vague doubt by saying someone is "suspicious". To make a serious accusation, point out something I did or said that indicates I'm Mafia. See my accusation of Lydia for an example. I believe I have done absolutely nothing Mafia-like. But I encourage anyone to post evidence otherwise.

@jacobi - There's nothing I can say anything to respond to you not saying anything.

@VivianLee -- I thought I cleared up your point of concern? Is there something else?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:31 pm 
Hi, I just started reading up on the thread. I'm ready for a fakeID bonfire whenever you are. Would all of you maseeh and random people be interested in coming to maseeh tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:54 pm 
I'd love to come to Maseeh tonight but can't due to the ten-day Synchronicity. If you have enough people without the Synch players, go for it. A Fake ID burning doesn't need many witnesses. Alternatively, there's game break on Monday, so maybe we could have the event then?

Also, I'd like to commend the Investigator and Daniel for their timely Investigations, spot-on choice of Investigation targets, and quality announcements. Their confirmations have been making my vote choices really easy and have given confidence that we're in great shape.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:40 pm 
I find Alex's defensive post to be a bit sketchy. It does make sense... but could be either a paranoid townie trying to stay alive or a brilliant mafia member trying to stay alive. I think we all agree that Alex has the experience to pull something off that is extremely creative.
I wouldn't put it past him to kill off all of the other mafia while getting everyone to trust him, and then kill us all off one by one. Note though, that this is complete speculation and I am not accusing him of trying this. Just noms for thought.
I realize that I'm being sketchy too (and have been against the majority more than once), but I am just trying my hardest to root out a mafia. I fully expect to be lynched sometime (or killed, though people with no suspicions against them are probably better targets), and I'll be perfectly okay with that when the majority deems it so.
And by majority I do mean majority. One charismatic player convincing a group of people is not a majority, it is a power play, and extremely dangerous for the town.
I think I've rambled enough, and I'm voting for Austin. Nothing personal bro, just trollage and I think other people will vote that way as well.
I'm off to synch for probably the entire evening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:27 pm 
Can we get a time and a place for a group Maseeh meeting? Basement?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:28 pm 
@Alex: I'm not any more concerned than a normal person would be in a game of lies and deception ;) It's natural to suspect individuals who are either extremely silent or extremely vocal. You haven't -done- anything that gives me reason to believe you're Mafia, but we all know you're a brilliant player and could easily pull off a reverse-psychology (or reverse-reverse-psychology) move. So for purposes of self-defense you are definitely on my "caution" list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:13 pm 
I recommend that we suspend any possible action against Alex at least for a couple days. While I do not trust him, I do not think he has done anything to suggest he is mafia and it seems unwise to lynch a really good player so early without pretty good reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:14 pm 
How about Maseeh meeting at 6:15? Crockct, kezi, does that work for you guys? Can somebody be in the lobby to let me in?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:27 pm 
works for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:38 pm 
I'd like to say that I'm a vanilla townsperson. No special role.

I do this as a precaution to limit the shenanigans I could pull were I to become conscripted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:46 pm 
6:15 in lobby/basement sounds good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:10 pm 
Ok, I'll be there in about 10 minutes. I'll be wearing jeans, a red jacket, and a red shirt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:07 pm 
Geh. No one told me about the Maseeh meeting, I was in Chinatown buying groceries, haha. Anyways, if someone wants to meet up with me tomorrow to destroy Fake #3, I am available 9am-1pm. You name the time/place and I'll be there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:08 pm 
yea, the pm never got to me either. =P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:43 pm 
crockct and kezi destroyed their respective ID's just now, with dgrazian and i as witnesses. one to go?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:37 pm 
I'm going to be busy with writing game and other things, so if I don't get back online until after midnight, I'm going to be voting for Austin for the reasons in the Day 3, death thread, and the general trolling being committed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:04 pm 
I'm also voting for AustinFathman if nothing happens or forget to check before midnight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:05 pm 
Confirming that crockct and kezi destroyed their fake ID's. Also planning to vote for Austin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:12 pm 
Also voting Austin unless something significant happens later tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:12 pm 
Voting for Austin for now.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next