Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:46 pm 
Honestly, if you're going with random people, i'd prefer not to be lynched... I've have been trying to be more active if that's the issue you have with me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:49 pm 
also, for synch stuff, I'm A.) not in Synch. and B.) don't know where synch was so i dont know where to say i wasnt. however I can tell you today I went to recitation, lecture, was in macgregor, then at rehearsal, then back at macgregor and have people that can verify all of that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:51 pm 
*feels bad for people* Changing to no lynch. One vote doesn't matter (yet) ....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:51 pm 
and also, just fyi i'm planning on voting no lynch because i dont want to vote randomly and dont know who the suspicious people are

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:55 pm 
PS sorry for not doing all of this concisely in one post (as i think i said in my introduce yourself thing Im kinda scatter brained...)
you were looking for a 6 o clock alabi? Hack punt tool rehearsal started at 6. anyone in the cast could verify

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:56 pm 
i'm no-lynching this one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:58 pm 
I've been alone with ebdavis before and he hasn't gone for the kill. It might just be him trying to make me trust him, but I'm sticking with Caroline for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:58 pm 
Skimming forums, voting for Caroline.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:59 pm 
just out of curiosity, why me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:00 am 
It looks like people are voting for Caroline for no reason other than the bandwagon from Steven Valdez's "random" choice from the googledoc. I see no good reason. Am I missing something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:02 am 
well I'd rather not die because of a coin flip essentially...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:02 am 
It was bandwagon plus the likelihood of inconveniently placed/isolated/inactive players being the mafia and not killing people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:03 am 
I explained my inactivity earlier (a few days ago)... and have been making attempts to be more active...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:06 am 
Also, Caroline actually posted, and included an alibi that could in theory be checked. Which is more than any other the other players mentioned. While Caroline was a decent option, there were other players at least as inactive as Caroline while also being in Synch. I am suspicious that this vote was swayed by Mafia.

I would like to discuss possible future investigation targets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:07 am 
oh well, do what you will, but youre just gonna be increasing the mafia to townsperson ratio by randomly killing me off...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:38 am 
All in all, this discussion was too last-minute for me. I would appreciate it if synch people checked every hour or so. I don't like scrambling around trying to find a majority so close to midnight, nor do I like leaving the vote so split up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:48 am 
Too much of this vote was apparent last-minute bandwagoning with little explanation, especially the later bits. I'd like to hear people's reasoning about this vote.

I know it's too late and I'm beating a dead horse, but let me say why I think Caroline was a poor lynch choice. I'm going to compare her as a choice to ebdavis, not because I strongly suspect him, but because I believe him to be a better choice under every criterion.

Many of you are for lynching inactives. I get that. But Caroline was not the most inactive, and looked like she was becoming active. Say, ebdavis has two posts, compared to Caroline's six posts before tonight. And Caroline's were in the last few days, while ebdavis hasn't posted since Day 1. And Caroline responded to her accusation and posted an alibi, which ebdavis didn't. And she voted on two of the last three days (ebdavis hasn't voted since Day 2). Moreover, Caroline was not in Synch, and I most players believe the killer more likely to be in Synch (though I can see arguments otherwise). Caroline had a chance of becoming an active and productive player, but now she's dead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:52 am 
We don't know that she's dead yet, do we?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:54 am 
c-rock wrote:
We don't know that she's dead yet, do we?
You're right -- I shouldn't be premature. But it looks that way based on whom people said they'd vote for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:54 am 
I don't think so, but of the few people who declared who they were voting for, most said they were voting for Caroline.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:58 am 
I don't disagree that Caroline was a bad lynch, but by the time the discussion was kicking in for alternatives I had to get on Saferide and go back to E.T., so I just stuck with my vote for Caroline.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:05 am 
lizrita, your explanation is not giving yourself due credit in making a thoughtful decision, as you explained why you were voting for caroline, mentioned a reason in favor of edbavis, and have been helpfully posting throughout the whole day. Keep it up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:08 am 
I actually do think that Caroline was a perfectly reasonable lynch (though I voted for Jacky.) The events, or lack thereof, over the past few days, are suggestive of mafia who have been relatively uninvolved in the game. I think Caroline qualifies.

With that said, I agree with Alex that more thought should be put into the voting process. In particular, the discussion about who to lynch should begin much earlier in the day.

Post subject: Discussion Day 8
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:18 am 
Daniel Grazian wrote:
the discussion about who to lynch should begin much earlier in the day.

So who do we lynch next, assuming nothing very exciting/useful happens?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:27 am 
Right, now that we have some time, Synch inactives should be reconsidered. I think ebdavis has had some good opportunities to kill me off and hasn't. It might be because he isn't mafia, or because he wants me to trust him, or because Jacobian is usually around somewhere since we're all in 18.02A.

He might also feel weird killing me in front of God, who just so happens to be someone I frequently hang out with.

I don't remember Dalton posting much, but I'll check through the forums again.

Jaxxson and AdamYedidia both live at ET and would probably avoid killing me on principal of not looking suspicious even if they were mafia, so I would prefer it if they were both kept alive so I could have someone to talk to about game. However, if overwhelming evidence pops up for either of them, I wouldn't mind lynching them.

JaysonL has told me he's been focusing on Synch for now and will become paranoid about mafia after the 10-day. I don't know what this means, might just mean he's hosed-ish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:30 am 
Alex and krue have both been active, and lynching them would just make the game less fun. So, I'm not considering them for now. Unless some heavy evidence comes up for them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:31 am 
Alex, I'm curious what your reason for not suspecting Adam is?
Also, can anyone at ET vouch for his schedule. I think he's been coming into game too late to have been able to kill Chewy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:48 am 
jaysonl wrote:
Alex, I'm curious what your reason for not suspecting Adam is?
Hmm? I listed Adam as one of the three people I was suggesting to lynch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:47 am 
Alex wrote:
It looks like people are voting for Caroline for no reason other than the bandwagon from Steven Valdez's "random" choice from the googledoc. I see no good reason. Am I missing something?

This is my overall sentiment to last night's vote. Went to bed before most of the discussion happened so I ended up not actually casting a vote (...) since I am not in favour of random lynching if we have some sort of newly acquired information (Chewy's kill). If we're going to kill off inactives, then at least kill off inactives that could be more likely in the vicinity of the kill at the time? =__=;; Not to mention Caroline quickly became active when she knew she was on the chopping block, and provided a solid alibi (I have friends on MTG who could easily have verified her presence at rehearsal). Not sure why we're lynching someone who most likely didn't make the recent kill; I get the inactive argument but there were better candidates for last night :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:38 am 
The purpose was not to lynch people who we don't think will be helpful (the most common reason for lynching inactives early in the game.) The reason was that the lack of kills in recent days suggests that the mafia were inactive during that time.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2