Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Day 7 Discussion
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:28 am 
This game needs to pick up.
On the other hand, if anyone has free time, read up on snippets of past Live Action Mafia games. They're fun and informative.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:34 am 
Voting spreadsheet has also been updated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:20 pm 
Chewy died in synch game space at 6:02. Can't wait to hear you guys when you come back. Need witnesses!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:27 pm 
I'm not at Synch yet, I'm back at Sid-Pac.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:33 pm 
I've been in Random all day. Investigator(s) and Mad Scientist(s), please get on this as soon as possible.

And yay!, the mafia is finally doing something! Good job, now we try to find you and kill you :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:54 pm 
Game break ended at 6:00 pm, so there were a lot of people milling around at that time. I can't say I know where I was at the exact time of the kill. I was probably either around the site of the kill (sorry for not seeing it, again there were a lot of people, and I wasn't thinking about mafia at the time), or helping Ariel get stuff out of her car. Not the best alibi in the world, but that's what I was doing, as were the rest of the people playing Synch, to the best of my knowledge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:59 pm 
Alibi time, I assume? At 6pm I was in Zumba class at the Wang Fitness center in Stata. I have a signed verification from the instructor if proof is needed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:02 pm 
At 6pm I was just leaving Bonfire after a nap (and some emails) and heading to the ESP office. I passed dgrazian in Bonfire at about this time (probably ~6:02-6:03).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:17 pm 
I was eating in Maseeh dining at 6

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:54 pm 
I was either napping or throwing up. (I've been sick all day). Not a particularly good alibi, but it's the truth. No witnesses (that I know of), but I'd be more embarrassed if there were.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:19 pm 
For reference, here are the living players who are in Synch:
    AdamYedidia
    Alex
    Dalton Allan
    ebdavis
    Jacobian
    jaxxson
    JaysonL
    krue
I'm not saying the killer was one of these; this is just for info. Please tell me if I forgot anyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:20 pm 
Can those who were at gamespace at the time tell us who else was at gamespace?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:22 pm 
I won't be on, and it doesn't look like there are any suspects right now. By randomly choosing from the undead google doc, I'm voting for Caroline, unless I can get on before midnight, and someone has discovered something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:38 pm 
I was dining at Thelonius Monkfish with God, a ghost, and some NPs (Molly, TenCate, and Alex Goins and Abigail Caron).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:39 pm 
@Steven: why would we be randomly choosing? We were given the information that Chewy was killed near the Synch gamespace, and from there it seems reasonable to at least narrow it down to people who are 1) possibly in Synch, or 2) knew where Synch was taking place. I don't know Caroline or if she falls into either of these two categories (correct me if I'm wrong) but I think we should at least consider individuals who might be on Alex's list.

Random kills are only optimal if we don't have information (i.e. from a kill), right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:04 pm 
We should lynch someone. How about one of the less active on that list? Jaxxson or Dalton Allen?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:12 pm 
I have no objection to lynching Caroline. I would also be okay with lynching Jacky.

Despite the fact that the kill was made in Sync-space, I am currently more swayed by the inactivity of the mafia through most of the game. I think we have good chances of lynching correctly, when we target inactive or largely-inactive players.

I am personally going to vote for Jacky. I would encourage votes for either Jacky or Caroline.

Please announce votes on the forum in advance!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:13 pm 
jacky had a surprisingly solid-sounding alibi. Could someone confirm that she's sick?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:14 pm 
Dalton has been anything but inactive; also jaxxson was cleared (for this kill) by my investigator.

Please do not vote for either of them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:15 pm 
Would also go for Caroline, but is there any reason we should just ignore hat the kill was made in game space?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:16 pm 
I was in class from 6-9pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:21 pm 
I doubt that Jacky actually made the kill (though she totally could just be lying about being sick.) I'm still in lynch-inactive mode, and I think there is a reasonable chance that she, or any other inactive, is mafia. (Actually, more precisely, I am in favor of lynching those who would have had a comparatively difficult time making kills.)

Like I said, I'm fine with Jacky or Caroline; there are a few others I would be fine with as well. (But in response to lizrita, please do not vote for Dalton or jaxxson, at least not today.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:24 pm 
I'm not voting for dalton or jaxxson, I was just trying to get a lynch discussion going. I will vote to lynch Caroline tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:29 pm 
Voting for Caroline.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:29 pm 
It is bad that I honestly don't care if I get lynched or not? Probably, but I'm voting for myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:30 pm 
I suggest ebdavis, Adam Yedidia, jaysonl. They haven't voted since Day 2, are pretty much inactive, and are in Synch. So, if we're lynching inactives, I think they're better candidates. I wouldn't mind a "coin flip". Info and investigations in the near future would be welcome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:34 pm 
ebdavis, I would be more than willing to consider. I have reasons for thinking Adam is less likely to be mafia, and Jayson I'm unsure about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:40 pm 
guess I'll go with Caroline

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:42 pm 
*sigh* I'll vote for Caroline, but only because of the bandwagon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:44 pm 
What bandwagon? Vote ebdavis.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next