Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Discussion Day 8
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:20 am 
Who do we lynch next, assuming we don't gain much more info?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:36 am 
I would be up for considering ebdavis, Jacky, or Andrew. I'd also like to hear from ebdavis and Andrew.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:41 am 
Of the synch players, the most isolated are probably ebdavis, AdamYedidia, and jaxxson. I'm leaning towards ebdavis, but very weakly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:06 am 
I'm also kind of sketched out by the fact that benkraft is posting significantly less often than he was during Fall 2011 game, but that might be due to hosage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:50 am 
Yeah, so my vote for Caroline was because I had to leave, and didn't have access to a Synch player list, and I know from experience that No Lynch is not a viable choice in Mafia.

Anyway, I've been alone with ebdavis multiple times, and when I had the Microphone/Receiver, gave him the inactive Receiver while I went to meet with other players, and he hasn't taken any of those opportunities to kill me, though it may be that I make it perfectly clear that at least 2 other mafia players know I'm alone with him.

Can someone add to the Google Doc the list of players who are either PCs or NPCs in Synchronicity? Though, considering how open game is, that really doesn't say anything one way or another.

Another thing, Syncronicity seems to be hosing a lot of people, and with many players being in game until Midnight, it kind of prevents them from giving input until the last minute, resulting in basically Random Lynches. I suggest that next time a LA Mafia Game is run, the voting deadline automatically be at 1 AM.

Also, sorry Caroline, didn't think people would bandwagon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:41 am 
Lizrita, I would be sketched out be Ben's lack of participation in the game, but:

1) He's really hosed, and I'm pretty sure that's why.

2) He's on my list of people who I don't think would have allowed the mafia to miss so many kills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:11 am 
So, about me: I haven't been posting becuause I'm really, really, really busy. Not only am I in sync, but I'm in 18.02 and, for the last few days have been dealing with a long distance personal crisis (old high school friend who's not doing too well). Also I'm involved with nomic and D&D and a waterjetting class.

In terms of alibis: I don't really have one. I arrived in game at around 5:30, and set up camp in an empty room in building 36 to do super secret sync stuff, which, if you are not in sync and ask me about, I will happily tell you about, but am not going to go into specifics about here. I headed over to the box room, where the murder took place, around 6:05 (yes, I checked the clock before I walked  over) but I don't have anyone who can confirm it, to the best of my knowledge. Note that every single active sync player passed through there between 6:00 and 6:30, so my having been there at close to the right time is not evidence for me having done it. But no, I don't have a hard alibi. 

I can offer a bit of defense, and that's this: as any member of sync who was paying attention can attest, I sat around the corridor right outside the box room for at least a half hour after I arrived, waiting for my box to get updated. If I had made the kill and was remotely intelligent (which I like to think I am), I would have made it and the GTFO'd out of there before I was seen by a (non dead) mafia player in the area of the crime. For that matter, assuming I was innocent, had I known a kill had just been made, I still would have left the immediate vicinity; hanging around the scene of a kill is just lookin for trouble. I didn't know a kill had been made until an hour or so after the fact.

That being said, in terms of potential suspects: any of the sync players, although Jacobi wasn't in game today, so I doubt it was him. Although he could have done something sneaky with making the kill and then not coming into game, I suppose. As mentioned, I arrived slightly after the kill, so I can't be sure. It would make sense, especially if there are no mafia in sync, to send someone to kill a sync player, precicely so we look more suspicious. But, of course, there's no solid evidence of that, either. 

Tl;dr: It wasn't me, there's no evidence for it being me, a little bit of evidence against it being me (see Steven and Liz's posts), I have no alibi, and no idea who it was

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:54 am 
Liz, I don't really understand what you mean by "most isolated". Can you explain?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:37 pm 
Honestly, I'm just super-busy, this week especially. Hopefully that will end todayish, although I'll be at ESP retreat this weekend. In any case, you can ask anyone around me, I have tons of ESP stuff to do, plus 8.223 and ASEing 18.03.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:02 pm 
By most isolated I mean not having easy access to places the majority of players hang around, like Random or Maseeh, or as is the case this time around, Synch. If the mafia players are scrambling to kill people, chances are they have to go way out of their way to find them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:07 pm 
Having said that, I don't think any of the synch players are actually that isolated, and would be open to considering that they were framed. I was actually most suspicious of jaxxson but if he was cleared for now, I'd turn to the other two I mentioned if we're still on synch players.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:10 pm 
I'd like to know from people who were at Synch right after game resumed: Who else was there? How crowded was the box room? Were there people waiting outside in the hallways? Could a non-player have snuck in without looking out of place?

And a general question to discuss: Do you believe the killer was more likely a Synch player or not? This point of contention seems to be at the heart of many disagreements about whom to suspect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:27 pm 
I woke up at 6 pm and walked through synch at 7:15-7:20 ish, being seen by a majority of players. Unless I was invisible and could teleport, there is no way that I could have made this kill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:08 pm 
Since it was done in Synch game space, I think we may as well go after a sketchy Synch player.
Jaxxson did not attend game at all yesterday, and an investigator apparently cleared him. Therefore, even if the mafia had used Manipulate the Press or Frame the Innocent, jaxxson shouldn't be considered because he wasn't in game space that day from what I hear.
After the kill, however, I went ghosting around Synch game space (with Molly and Abby, right after celebrating Abby's birthday at Thelonius Monkfish). I got there at around 7:15 and left at 8:05ish. Alex was just getting there, or at the very least was in the player room, during the time I was there. Adam Yedidia was already in game when I got there, and he was in the same room as ghost!Chewy if that matters at all (it probably doesn't, since the kill was made in the player room anyways).
Dalton and ebdavis were also already in game, though Daniel has defended Dalton (plus he lives in Random and should have been able to kill before easily) and I think ebdavis has had a lot of chances to kill people in the past and hasn't. Jacobian says he arrived late, and I didn't see him around anyways, so I believe him. I don't remember seeing JaysonL, and I saw krue on my way to Thelonius Monkfish as she was on her way to game with other Synch players (5:35ish). She is also one of the people I think would not have allowed so many kill-free days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:40 pm 
It's totally possible that there were non-players there. I don't know everyone in game, or for that matter everyone playing mafia, so if there were someone who wasn't supposed to be there, I wouldn't have noticed. I wasn't particularly paying attention to who was around at the time. As I've mentioned before, I didn't notice the exact time, so I don't know who was around right at the time of the murder. When I was in there, the box room was pretty crowded, and there were people in the halls. I do know Jacobi wasn't there, but other than that, I'm not really sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:48 pm 
In response to lizrita, while I am in Synch and do live at ET, I've spent enough time at Random over the past week to have had several easy opportunities to kill somebody without people knowing on days in which the mafia made no kill. (dgrazian can vouch).

However, lizrita's logic of killing Thetans because of the lack of kills makes sense to me, and can be extended to her as well. I would happily vote for lizrita or jaxxson.

-AdamYedidia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:00 pm 
Okay, so jaysonl is dead in Random. Alibis, everyone?
For me - I don't know anyone in Random who could let me in (nor am I on a guest list). I have also been at my apartment (not verifiable, but what can I do) the entire day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:14 pm 
I was in synch game space, probably talking to a gm at that exact moment. I spent most of the afternoon (2-4ish) in black hole with Krue and some nps. When I left I came straight to synch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:32 pm 
I was at Epsilon Theta, and so was AdamYedidia (I can hear his music from my room).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:46 pm 
A kill at Random going unnoticed is pretty impressive. Jacobian and krue, did you guys notice any players hanging around Black Hole other than yourselves?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:16 pm 
I was working on code for 6s189 No one in game can confirm (I think) but Ben Horkley should be able.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:30 pm 
Come to think of it, dgrazian hung out with us for awhile on black hole. Hmm....

Post subject:
Did anybody see anyone around black hole at the time of the murder? Please give information if so (though I'm guessing the kill was cleaner than that.)

I was baking on Clam at the time of the kill.

Post subject:
For the record, I was napping in my room.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:31 pm 
There was an np looking for Dalton, who she couldn't find. He was probably just in his room though, the np said that she didn't knock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:35 pm 
Jacobi's correct. I was hanging out on black hole, as I often do. Not at the time of the kill, though. At least not in black hole kitchen (I dropped by in black hole lounge at some time that I don't remember.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:40 pm 
I was in the ESP office all day. At that point I was interviewing HSSP teachers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:40 pm 
For those who were in black hole: when did you leave, and who was there when you left?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:47 pm 
And the daily reminder: investigators and mad scientist(s) please visit the kill site (black hole kitchen in Random Hall.) If you're not on anyone's guest list, change that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:07 pm 
This could be an instance of Manipulate the Press, right? Or possibly even a setup for Frame an Innocent, although I think that would be harder to pull off.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next