Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ] 
 Post subject: Discussion Day 10
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:29 am 
Mad Scientist(s), have someone ready to join the game as your monster after the next kill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:44 am 
For the record, there are 18 surviving townspeople and 3-4 Mafia + conscript.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:52 am 
Unless we've been bamboozled with "frame a townsperson" (which I don't think we have) we've killed at least three mafia. I'd put the chances as very good that we've killed at least one other. I'd say that including conscription we have 3-4 mafia remaining, fewer if we've been lucky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:58 am 
until someone else dies or another investigator report turns up positive, I think I'll go back to voting no-lynch?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:59 am 
(whereby with "back" I am not trying to claim I did this before, as I don't remember doing it, but I remember suggesting it)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:25 am 
Okay, so who are the suspects for today? I still say we continue to scourge up jaysonl's murderer, although we should probably wait until later in the day to see if anything more important happens.

On that note, we've heard a lot from Dgrazian's investigator, but I want to know where the second investigator has been. Lying low is probably a good thing but at the very least there should be at least one person you trust that you can relay information to; you should be investigating every day and of course don't overlap investigations (what a waste) with the publicly-announced ones by Dgrazian.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:49 am 
Investigations are being coordinated between the two investigators as of a few days ago. I am two degrees of contact away from the other investigator (who for now I am trusting to be what his/her proxy claims.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:42 pm 
Since the only unsolved murder is jayson's, we will default to continue to investigate his death.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:53 pm 
Mafia, make a kill!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:22 pm 
I am going to suggest lynching Andrew tonight. Comments? Questions? Alternatives?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:46 pm 
I think we should lynch Daniel. I believe that he was conscripted during the dry spell of murders, and is currently masterminding the mafia. It appears that he has been acting oddly on the forums lately (much more aggressive and carefree, such as goading the mafia to make a kill) and is a major threat to the town.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:03 pm 
Jacobian wrote:
I think we should lynch Daniel. I believe that he was conscripted during the dry spell of murders, and is currently masterminding the mafia.

This is extremely unlikely.

Daniel chose to have ebdavis investigated on Day 8, after the dry spell of murders. He made the suggestion to investigate ebdavis himself. He easily could have suggested someone else. This result was checked by another Investigator, who got the same thing. So, Daniel correctly and verifiably rooted out a Mafia on Day 8. So, Jacobi's claim that he was conscripted before them is really really unlikely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:34 pm 
That's a pretty lofty claim, Jacobi. While I do have my suspicions about Daniel, I don't think that lynching him on a hunch is a good idea. Furthermore, even if he was lying about his proxies and investigations, etc we do have 2 investigators, unless one or both were killed, in which case we're kinda fucked.

Voting Andrew tonight if we can't find anything else, see past posts for justification, on my phone ATM can't type much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:35 pm 
Aaand for some reason my phone decided that it would post that reply 30 minutes after I hit submit, lol. Shitty 3G FTL :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:45 pm 
Thank you Alex.

If I have been "acting oddly on the forums" (and I am not sure exactly what you mean by this, Jacobi), it would be because I have been getting impatient over the lack of mafia kills (as most of us have) and I am trying to help the game maintain momentum. By my "aggression" I expect you mean that I have consistently suggested lynch targets. This is true, and I've been doing so for the whole game. Somebody has to organise the town; the alternative is haphazard and unpredictable voting. In fact, I should have pushed a lynch target earlier yesterday to avoid the last minute voting scramble.

The only reasonable day to suppose I were conscripted was yesterday, since the day before I arranged for the inspection of ebdavis. Being somewhat distrustful of me is reasonable, since I probably am a reasonable conscription target. But there are a number of good conscription choices, and we would be killing the person to treat the disease if we were to lynch all of them. I have and will continue to be as helpful as I can to the town. I am happy to talk to you Jacobi (or anyone) and try to convince you that I am not mafia. I am a sub-par liar, as anyone who has seen me in the mafia role would know.

But in the meantime consider the merit of my ideas and make the very reasonable gamble that I am telling the truth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:55 pm 
I think Daniel's innocent. I ran up to him yesterday to give him a hug and he thought I was going to kill him. Good times.

Also voting for Andrew unless silly things happen.

Does anyone know/talk to dbr? He's done nothing this whole time...??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:56 pm 
And speaking of goading the mafia, mafia will you pleaaaseee make a kill?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:25 pm 
I'm actually going to second Daniel's goading. Without any kills, you guys don't make any progress, and WE don't make any progress because we have nothing to go on. I guess forcing townspeople to random lynch is a tactic in itself, but really - who wants to play a boring game, right? :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:56 pm 
Voting dbr to set up tiebreaks. (My vote isn't needed to make Andrew be lynched, but everyopne please vote for Andrew just in case.)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]