Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ] 
 Post subject: Discussion Day 11
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:59 am 
Mafia should go kill people. Make this more fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:14 am 
Interesting fact: There are only three people who have voting on lynching every day. Those three are Alex, Lizrita, and myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:33 am 
Speaking of that, people please vote! Especially when the game nears its end, full participation is essential.

And mafia, please start making kills. The 10-day has an excellent selection of targets. So does Random Hall. So does Maseeh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:46 pm 
In other news, dbr claims to be mafia. That's what he said when I e-mailed him. So, yeah, lynch dbr.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:33 pm 
Woah woah woah Alex, I am highly skeptical that he would just say that. That makes no sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:47 pm 
Am I allowed to show e-mails? If so, I can show you.

You're welcome to ask dbr. Maybe he'll say something else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:09 pm 
I think showing emails is fine, since lying within emails is fine. It seems to be as trusted as the spoken word.

Note: showing pm's is still not allowed, since this would violate the "no showing this website" rule.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:35 pm 
My current idea behind this game is a little crazy, but give it an honest chance:

Daniel and Alex are mafia. This seems so absurd but what if it is just a really good cover? Those two are trying to win by leading the lynch mobs which kill townspeople, while also throwing some mafia members under the lynch bus. Some of the lynches we clearly know are mafia (Rob, etc), but some of them rely only on Daniel's investigator (and circumstantial evidence), who may or may not exist. I suppose that there have been no counterclaims, but maybe the true investigators have been silenced already.

Some common rebuttals that I've heard from people:
1. They wouldn't let there be so many days without mafia kills. Thinking that would be perfectly logical, but again what if it is just some convoluted mafia plot? People win as a team not as individuals, so sometimes it is worthwhile to sacrifice a member for the good of the team (which may or may not be my strategy in betrayal, descent, Guild ...).

2. They wouldn't be so vocal because it would make them targets. The problem with this line of reasoning is that most players completely or almost completely believe anything that Alex and Daniel say. They have infinite credibility because of their superb mafia-hunting skills. Gee, it's almost like they already knew who they were. By being so vocal and killing "so many" mafia, Alex and Daniel have the illusion of being innocent and infallible. They won't get killed because they are mafia (unless the strategy is even more convoluted than I had imagined), and won't get lynched because they choose the lynch targets. How many times have Alex or Daniel chosen who we would kill, or even changed "public" opinion rather late in the day?
I realize that this post is a bit sketchy, and that there are already some suspicions against me. If you feel that you must, then go ahead and lynch me. I am an innocent townsperson, and I feel that my life to expose this illuminati-level intrigue is worthwhile.
These are dangerous times and things do not bode well for the town. If you think that my theory may have some truth to it, I encourage you to pm me with you thoughts. If you are particularly brave, feel free to post on the forums. If I die or am lynched soon, everyone should know who did it (or at least pulled the strings).
/Rant (Sorry for textwall!)
-Jacobian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:55 pm 
Please read my post yesterday in response to Jacobi's accusations then. And everything I said about myself applies to Alex as well (that is I am quite convinced he is innocent.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:58 pm 
And please, everybody, post on the forum. Kills or not, we need the town to stay energetic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:07 pm 
I am voting for Alex tonight. Anyone who wants to overthrow the mafia leading us townies by the noose should do so as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:16 pm 
I am currently trying to coordinate investigations. In the meantime, I would like to lynch bowler. He has been relatively inactive in the game, and my impression from meeting with him is that he would consider the lack of mafia kills (ostensibly while the townspeople lynch each other) to be funny.

But please submit alternative suggestions. And announce who you are voting for ahead of time! We need more participation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:17 pm 
I admit that I am still suspicious of Alex from earlier (he is on the top of my one-person list), but less so than previously, and I am especially unsuspicious of Daniel since he cleared my name. I am going to stick to my stated plan of voting no-lynch (which seems to actually involve forgetting to vote most of the time? oops) until there is another mafia kill. I do not, in fact, want the mafia leading us down a path of self-destruction while no one else is able to be accused of murdering anyone (and the mad scientists are incapable of making their kludgite-townspeople monsters).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:41 pm 
I am not fully convinced of Dgrazian's innocence, and the fact that he's tried to put me on the chopping block (and I know better than anyone that I'm a vanilla townsperson) doesn't really sit well with me. That said, it's late enough in the game that a wrong choice could mean the difference between winning or losing. Tonight I am voting no lynch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:44 pm 
I've been reading the forums, but not posting much because of Synch. I don't really know who to vote for tonight, so I'm going to hold off on voting until later. (I'm sorry if this means I don't end up voting tonight due to hosage)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:31 pm 
Really? Really?

I'm voting dbr, given that he claimed to be mafia. Whether he's a tired Mafia or utterly trolling, this is lynchworthy.

I'm in the Synch common room and will be happy to show anyone the e-mail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:36 pm 
voting no-lynch, in order to hopefully motivate the mafia to get off their lazy posteriors

in response to dgrazian: well, yeah, i did find it funny. the song, that is.

for those who weren't at the maseeh meeting: he's referring to the fact that i was one of the ones laughing the hardest at a reading of "They Are The Mafia That Don't Do Anything" which had appeared on the forum earlier that day. (he had commented earlier in the meeting that my body language seemed suspicious, so i guess he was watching me extra closely)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:37 pm 
Here's what the e-mail from dbr said. I've shown the e-mail in my inbox to krue and adam.
Alex wrote:
Hi dbr,

Josh told me you haven't been active in Mafia because of computer issues. I'm really curious about your running off when I went to get the microphone from you on Day 1. Could you explain?

Best of luck with your computer!

-Alex

dbr wrote:
Oh in fact I am the mafia. That should explain everything.

Note that I has PM'ed dbr asking for an explanation early on in game and he never replied.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:38 pm 
Alex, please take a screenshot of the email and post it here (this is legal if showing us the email is, I'm sure), and then I will vote for dbr because if he's going to troll that hard, he deserves to be lynched anyway. Until then, I'm not changing my vote.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:39 pm 
I'm voting no-lynch to avoid splitting votes. I think Mafia might be making a sudden push to lynch Daniel or me, and it's better to be safe.

Please vote no-lynch.

The dbr thing can wait for tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:08 am 
I forgot to vote before the deadline D:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]