Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Discussion day 12
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:40 pm 
Day 12 already?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:50 pm 
(..Most games end by about this day. Just saying. You guys are special : )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:21 pm 
I am happy to join Alex against dbr.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:24 pm 
Same here. There is no reason dbr should be kept around, even if he wasn't mafia (inactivity, trolling).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:49 pm 
Does anybody (besides dbr or Jacobi) have any objections to this?

I should note, though, if I neglected to post publicly before, that dbr came out as innocent when he was investigated for jaysonl's murder.

Let's try to get more votes this time. I'd like to see people staying involved with the game, as inactive as the mafia are being.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:51 pm 
Also, I expect that we're fairly close to finishing off the mafia, just because most of the people remaining I have a hard time imagining would let the mafia take such a long vacation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:59 pm 
Well my inactivity has already been explained. But as for the trolling charge, I suppose I should point out that I received information that led me to believe that arkhipov is a mafioso. That should explain why I didn't respond seriously to his e-mail; I didn't want to help the mafia! But I am innocent. Kill me if you like; it won't be accomplishing much, but I suspect we'll end up winning anyway.

DBR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:06 pm 
dbr, could you please specify what information you have against Alex. This would be very important for us to know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:27 pm 
Still voting for Alex... dbr sees the truth guys...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:05 pm 
Okay, at this point I think if you have information like that, dbr, now would be a good time to say it.

I think Alex's suggestion that we should lynch dbr strictly based on that email is a bit strong. Likewise, Jacobi's claim that Alex is mafia is equally strong. Er, and by strong I mean "strongly exerted" instead of "solid evidence".

I'm going to wait for dbr's information before making a vote tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:07 pm 
Too bad I changed my vote to no-lynch yesterday; if I kept with dbr, he would have been lynched on the tiebreak I set up.

dbr doesn't deny that he sent an e-mail in which he claimed he is Mafia, but I wouldn't mind walking over to Random to show it on my laptop if anyone has doubts.

I consider it utter trolling for dbr to stay silent for 12 days, then to give a sarcastic reply when I ask him what's going on, then post that he has received info proving to him that I'm Mafia that he refuses to say.

dbr, if someone told you something about me, tell some people you trust. That way this evidence can be brought to light, and we know who the accuser is.

Also, some info against dbr that I hadn't shared before:

dbr has still dodged explaining why he darted out of random fifteen minutes before midnight on day 1. Given that Mafia had not made a kill that day, and Rob's desperate kill happened soon after, I can't help but theorize that dbr was a Mafia member who tried to get a last-minute kill, but couldn't do it in time, so Rob had to.

Voting dbr.

P.S.
Jacobi is being extremely suspicious and I plan to start a mob to lynch him tomorrow, but dbr comes first. Before I took Jacobi's endless weird accusations as "Oh, he's just being jacobi". But now that he's actually trying to lynch me on a theory he himself admits is really unlikely, this has gone too far. He's either mafia or a townie hurting the town, and either way should be lynched. But that's for tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:15 pm 
Alex wrote:
dbr, if someone told you something about me, tell some people you trust. That way this evidence can be brought to light, and we know who the accuser is.

Agreed. If we hadn't thrown you on the chopping block today, you would have never mentioned that you had this "information"... were you planning on holding onto it until Day 18 or something? I don't know, if I was getting probing emails from a would-be mafia, I would tell somebody about it right away (or even post on the forums), but I find it suspicious you didn't say anything about it at all, even though at this point in the game information like that is crucial.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:54 pm 
dbr, will you please post or at the very least pm to a couple people why you think Alex is mafia?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:42 pm 
*Sigh* This is getting ridiculous. This information came to me only very recently. I was of course planning to tell someone, but first I wanted to figure out whom I trusted. I didn't know whom to trust, because I hadn't been too involved with the forum discussions the first several days, because I hadn't had a functioning computer (all of this has been corroborated).

As for why I was running off that first night, well, I was going to an event at Harvard put on by some friends of mine. That explains why I was (reluctantly) dressed like a Harvard student. If you had seen what I was wearing, there is no way you would have come to the conclusion that I was off to make a kill. The fact that alex neglects to mention that is only further grounds to consider him suspicious.

I am just an innocent townsperson. I don't know if alex is mafia or not, because I don't know if the person I talked to can be trusted. But if he can be, then alex is mafia, and honestly we should lynch him. Either way, it should be very clear why I didn't trust alex enough to be straight with him about the facts of the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:58 pm 
Can I propose a new rule for future games? If the day number reaches the number of players, the mafia are declared impotent and the townspeople win by default. OR, after a certain constant number of days with no deaths (kills or lynchings), the same thing is declared. I think it's unrealistic for any town to continue lynchings in times of relative peace and either of these rules would promote mafia killings and townspeople having peacetime no-lynches.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:00 pm 
If I have anything to say about it (which I probably will) in the next game there will definitely be rules penalizing this type of (lack of) action from the mafia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:01 pm 
Also, this degree of sarcasm is totally within dbr's characterization and I'm going to continue voting for no-lynches for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:02 pm 
dbr wrote:
If you had seen what I was wearing, there is no way you would have come to the conclusion that I was off to make a kill. The fact that alex neglects to mention that is only further grounds to consider him suspicious.

No dbr, I did not notice what you were wearing, because I was stupefied by you running out of Random in the middle of talking to me. I thought you were retrieving it the Microphone you agreed to give me, when you threw on a jacket and dashed out the door. And I still have no idea what you meant by, "I'm making a big sacrifice", which you said shortly before leaving.

I also must have missed the ruling that you may not make kills while wearing Harvard clothes.

You truly are a paradox, dbr. Twelve days is too short to tell a player your incriminating information. Yet, twelve seconds is too short to finish talking to me before running off to your midnight Harvard party.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:15 pm 
Newsflash: Jacobi has claimed Politician.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:20 pm 
So, daniel just walked into a room with about 1/4 of game and made that post above claiming that I claimed politician. He has some plan to lynch me tonight, no harm no foul, proving my innocence or some nonsense.
The problem: I have never claimed politician to him nor am I now. I am a vanilla townsperson. Clearly this is a mafia power play. Daniel and Alex are the mafia up top (as per my theories), and this is a plan to silence their only opposition.
Lynch Alex tonight guys. If we the townspeople want any chance to do this, we must vote for him. Don't fall to their charismatic nonsense.
Tomorrow : Daniel needs to die.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:22 pm 
Also, there has been an positive investigation against Alex for the murder of jaysonl. Are you going to allow this murder to go unpunished?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:25 pm 
People should change their votes to Jacobi, to test his claim. I would also prefer not to lynch dbr (yet), for reasons I'll explain tomorrow.

I'm going to get a few people to vote for Vivian Lee as an alternative. She's seemed relatively suspicious to me, and since she lives off campus it would be comparatively hard for her to make kills (which can help explain the lack of mafia kills.)

But everyone else should vote to lynch Jacobi! If he was telling me the truth, he won't actually die, and Vivian will instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:26 pm 
I'm changing to jacobi. Maybe dbr was just duped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:28 pm 
Thanks Alex. Everybody else should change their vote to Jacobi. Again, assuming he was telling the truth, he will not die. Vivian Lee will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:32 pm 
Whoa. Whoawhoawhoawhoawhoa.

I am calling bullshit on this. First off, I'd like to ask how I've been "seeming relatively suspicious" when I haven't even done anything. I've been here on the forums rightfully suspecting people (because this is a game of mafia, right?)

If Jacobi was Politician, and it's true, then why would he be saying he's not?! If indeed he is, then there's no harm in lynching him - he'll live. In fact, if I were him and I WERE Politician, I would claim it with my life to establish myself as a vanilla townsperson to everyone in this forum (as opposed to -just- Dgrazian and whoever was in the vicinity).

"Testing his claim" is a pretty frivolous thing to do when it's late-game. I can't see the logic in lynching him to "test" a theory when Jacobi has told us he isn't Politician. If he WAS Politician, he wouldn't defend truthfully by saying he wasn't. Isn't it a common thing all of us say, that if you're a special role and on the chopping block, to speak up?

I can't decide who to vote for first. Going with Alex since the votes seem to be in his favour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:35 pm 
Vote alex guys. No more mafia power plays!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:37 pm 
VivianLee wrote:
"Testing his claim" is a pretty frivolous thing to do when it's late-game. I can't see the logic in lynching him to "test" a theory when Jacobi has told us he isn't Politician. If he WAS Politician, he wouldn't defend truthfully by saying he wasn't. Isn't it a common thing all of us say, that if you're a special role and on the chopping block, to speak up?

Augh, I reread this and realized I sound really retarded. Basically what I mean is, if I were Jacobi and I were on the chopping block as an experiment to determine whether I was Politician or not, it makes no sense to defend by saying that I'm NOT the Politician (quite the contrary, actually). Thus, it's pretty obvious that he's probably NOT the Politician, and I see no reason why Dgrazian is so adamant on "testing" this theory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:38 pm 
I went to Random with John Bowler and walked back with him, he went back to Random halfway to get his backpack that he left behind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:39 pm 
Okay, krue, Dalton and I are voting for Vivian Lee. Everybody else should vote for Jacobian!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:44 pm 
Everyone who does not want the mafia to win should vote for Alex. We can lynch me in another day or two, that's totally fine (i'm a vanilla townie so it is no great loss). The mafia cannot get away folks.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next