Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Day 13 Discussion
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:14 am 
Anyone who wants to ask me any questions in public or private, feel free to do so. I fully expect to get lynched tonight but will not just give up.
We still need to kill Alex and Daniel, and dbr should not be far behind. The lattermost lied to me about his vote, greatly helping the mafia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:20 am 
I am not asking for an identity, but do you personally know the person that claims to have gotten a positive investigation on Alex? Is this the same as the one that told dbr that Alex was Mafia? Can we get any other investigators investigating Alex for jaysonl's murder?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:24 am 
Like, I'm not kidding that investigators that feel like sketchy shit is going on, if you are still alive now, might want to find second proxies or something. I bet at least one of you is alive, and I want to know what the hell is going on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:35 am 
I'm going to sleep now. Dalton/krue/Alex/Iwill explain what we think is going on tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:43 am 
And also, Jacobian should be lynched tomorrow, to test whether his Politician claim is true or not. He was supposed to be lynched today, with Vivian as a second choice in case he was actually Politician. Unfortunately, not enough people switched their votes to Jacobian (and wayyyyy too few people voted at all) so Vivian was lynched without Jacobian's claim being tested. And Alex was nearly lynched, which should not have happened!

Moral of the story: if at all possible, pay some attention to the game, especially near midnight. I know this game has been rather uneventful, but stuff is happening now, and we need town participation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:56 am 
I'm just not going to vote until 11:30 from now on. Might cause me to miss the deadline, but at least I won't accidentally lynch someone silly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:18 am 
Anyway, Jacobi is Mafia. His theory of a "game-long Mafia conspiracy" is exactly as ludicrous as it sounds: That Daniel and I are both Mafia, repeatedly got our fellow mafia lynched to boost our status, are forging the investigations, stood around for four days not killing anyone on purpose, and are leading townies to get lynched. No only would this be an extremely bad Mafia strategy, it would require pretty much everyone who has actively done stuff to be Mafia. Jacobi's own admission that his "current idea behind this game is a little crazy" is a big understatement.

Jacobi is Mafia. Jacobi lied to Daniel about being Politician then denied it to make Daniel look bad. He made a last-ditch effort at a power play to me lynched (and Daniel after) and was scarily close.

The investigation against me was made up. I was cleared by the investigator who we has been proxied and making investigations for most of game. This new one was claimed just now. I expect that it will be sorted out tomorrow.

So, I'm for lynching Jacobi unless something big changes.

(I don't think Jacobi is politician, but if he were, I'd want to test it by lynching him anyway, so I think it matters little.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:34 am 
The politician thing is a fantasy of Daniel's. I think that I am alone fighting against the mafia, so go ahead and lynch me. I give up, I am a vanilla townie and I give I.
I don't think the town has much of a chance at this point, but good job if we do end up winning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:29 am 
If there is a living (or known-to-be-dead) investigator who I don't know about, I need to know (or Josh needs to know if you trust him more than me.) Please also give a daily record of the investigations you have made.

The purpose of this is to try to confirm or refute the other claimed investigators.

Remember, the game began with 2 or 3 investigators (with 25% and 75% probability respectively.)

I am currently waiting for responses to a couple private messages. I'll then explain what happened last night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:08 pm 
nota bene if somebody roleclaims investigator to me I will not reveal their claim unless absolutely necessary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:22 pm 
Yay! Dead body!
Thanks, God!

This probably doesn't really help town, but hey. It's been too long since there's been a non-lynched dead body.

Now, if mafia kills someone, there will be two dead bodies!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:23 pm 
And we really need (at least Josh or me) to know who all the investigators are at this point. If you don't reveal yourselves now, you will have a very hard time persuading us later that you are not a fraud.

Please do this ASAP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:59 pm 
If you are an investigator, do not tell daniel. Tell someone else you trust. Their attempt is a mafia ploy to silence you and further weaken the town.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:56 pm 
Fine, don't tell me if you mustn't. Jacobi is talking nonsense, but if you really want to play it that safe, tell Josh instead. But we need this information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:59 pm 
Mad Scientist(s), do we have enough corpses for the monster(s) now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:01 pm 
Because I would be all for the creation of at least one monster, followed by investigators coming out to just those monsters, which can then serve as proxies for more-likely-real investigators.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:06 pm 
No we do not. We need one more corpse. One theory is that the mafia is refraining from making kills to deny us that (which I think is very poor mafia strategy, but perhaps the actual mafia disagree with me on this point.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:25 pm 
I'm confused, what was the "and a thunderstorm hit" about? Is this a new rules thing, or was it a mafia kill?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:33 pm 
I believe that she gained some illegal information (she called me suggesting this), but Molly is trying to ensure that no specific conclusion can be definitively drawn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:38 pm 
... I'm so confused. She was kicked out of game because someone told her something they weren't supposed to? That seems like a way for the mafia to cheat post-death :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:58 pm 
Hey guys, back from ESP retreat and mostly caught up. Apologies for not voting last night either, but I got back relatively late, and was really tired, so I didn't have time to catch up on the thread.

Jacobi's town and trolling. Here's my explanation: He's bored of the game, and wants to make it more interesting by spreading some BS. He claimed to dbr, who, not having been active, didn't know whom to believe, and said what he said. Jacobi then supported it without any evidence, because he knew the source.

I'll try to talk to him at some point to see how he acts in person, but I think he's town, because I don't think he tends to plan carefully enough to act this convincingly town-trollish as Mafia. If we'd like to lynch him anyway, I'm willing to join that mob, but I honestly don't think he's Mafia.

dbr was inactive, but beyond that I don't see any evidence against him.

Daniel and Alex are, as usual, town ringleaders. This does not make them suspicious; in fact, if they weren't, that would be. I doubt either of them would let Mafia go so long without kills, but with the amount they've been pointing this out as a reason certain people can't be Mafia, I don't think this definitively proves it. Also, I'm surprised neither has been killed, but that could be a confused or inept Mafia, rather than one containing them; again, I think the former is more likely. So I wouldn't be too suspicious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:16 pm 
For the record, I am neither mafia nor trolling. I am innocent and believe everything that I've said about Daniel and Alex. I have trolled some this game (ask Dalton), but not for such serious matters as this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:29 pm 
Okay, everybody should vote for Jacobian tonight. Please announce your votes publicly, as early as possible! We do not want another no-participation debacle like last night.

I'll start: I have cast my vote for Jacobian.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:37 pm 
My vote is for Alex.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:10 pm 
I am voting for Jacobi as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:28 pm 
Voting for Jacobi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:57 pm 
More votes please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:00 pm 
I think that Jacobi, Daniel, and Alex would all have been making kills during the long hiatus. Therefore, I think that Jacobi's theory is misguided, but I don't think that misguidedness is a crime deserving of lynching, and I think lynching Jacobi is a mistake.

I will vote for dbr.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:03 pm 
I also think lynching Jacobi is a mistake.

Voting dbr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:06 pm 
Adam and c-rock, that's fine. If Jacobi turns out to be Politician, dbr will be the alternate.

But really guys, we need more votes for Jacobi!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next