Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ] 
 Post subject: Day 14 Discussion
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:18 am 
... Jacobi is dead. I don't think he was intentionally trolling, but ah well. I missed voting again, but I was just going to vote no-lynch and I'm honestly getting really tired of these directed lynchings when no one is being killed 9.9

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:25 am 
At 12:18 a.m. Ceres Lee, hired as a hitman, attempted to kill me. I used the medkit, given to me on day 1 by jaxxson.

This occurred as I was walking up the stairs in Random to go to sleep. I do not know whether she killed me opportunistically or if I was the specific target. She appeared to be heading down to Foo Lounge at the time, where krue and Dalton both were playing Descent, so she may very well have been planning to kill one of them.

Anyway, the mafia's kill is used for the day.

Goodnight :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:33 am 
jaxxson, you seem to have voted for dgrazien today, so any remark on this info? I certainly believe jaxxson is a townsperson from now on, but I don't really draw any more opinions from this, since dgrazien could be lying and could've just destroyed the medkit earlier and told fellow mafia to (continue to) not kill today, in order to try to prove himself a townsperson.

Are we allowed to interrogate Ceres on the matter, eg if she actually even attempted this? She obviously won't ruin the game to the point of revealing who hired her as hitman, I'm sure, but since she already presumably attempted a kill, her role as hitman would be over....

(also, this would cast greatest suspicion on black hole-ians + terry boot, if it's true)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:34 am 
Well-played, Daniel! *claps*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:14 pm 
I probably will not be voting for dgrazian in the future, I did give him the medkit which he seems to have put to good use. I was a little worried about either he or alex having been conscripted but if they are sending hitmen after him then I guess not. Also, I absolutely believe that cereslee was hired and I would expect she was hired by someone living on an upper floor of random, based on the fact that she attacked him going foowards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:56 pm 
Not necessarily. Hiring is done a day in advance. Anyone who knows Ceres (which is most of the players in the game) could easily have hired her. In fact it wouldn't even be necessary that any of the mafia know Ceres well. Since the beginning of the game, she was very public about the fact that she wanted to be hired as hitman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:02 pm 
Actually Alex, I'm not sure how "well-played" I would consider this to be. I would much rather that a mafia member have been caught by the medkit. Using a hitman for the job is an effective way to diffuse the device. I don't know whether targeting me was incidental or intentional, nor do I know whether the mafia knew/suspected that I had the medkit, but I do think it is rather unfortunate that the medkit was wasted on a hitman.

Still, this is the first time that the medkit has been activated at all in a game of live action mafia! So it was definitely of some use.

Plus, I'm still alive, at least for the day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:51 pm 
I'm going to hazard a guess that Steven Valdez may have been the one to hire Ceres. We (Steven, Ceres, and I) had a GM meeting from 4-6ish yesterday, after which the three of us returned to Random. Steven pulled Ceres out of the room for a couple minutes to talk about another game the two of them are running, during which time I wouldn't be surprised if he hired her as a hitman (totally legal, since the kill attempt happened after midnight).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:35 pm 
Unless something more pressing is revealed between now and midnight, I'm going to vote for Steven. (I'm putting in my vote now so that I don't forget later)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:06 pm 
Ok, some important information:

Two nights ago, the night dbr was scheduled to be lynched, I confronted dbr to ask him why he was dead-set against Alex. He said that another player had claimed investigator to him and had gotten a positive investigation against Alex. After a tremendous amount of prodding, he finally agreed to tell me who it was.

The supposed investigator was Steven Valdez.

I wanted to keep dbr and Steven alive for the night. Since Jacobi had claimed Politician to me, I figured that that was a good night to test his claim. Unfortunately, not enough people voted, and Vivian, the alternate lynch, was lynched instead, depriving us of the opportunity to test Jacobi's claim. (We now know that Jacobi was in fact not Politician.)

The next day (yesterday) I talked to Steven. He denied ever having talked to dbr. So one or the other is clearly lying. I've messaged dbr and tried to find him to talk to him again, but he has not responded.

I would like to lynch both dbr and Steven. Even before this incident, dbr was about to be lynched and Steven was at the top of my suspicion list. Now it appears that one or the other is almost certainly mafia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:12 pm 
Also, the Politician should make himself/herself known at this point, at least to a trusted person or two. We do not want to have more unpleasantness like two nights ago, which could have been avoided if we had had reason to believe that Jacobi was not the real Politician.

Ideally, message either me or Josh. If you trust someone more than us, which you probably shouldn't, let that person know instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:42 pm 
And I will also vote for Steven Valdez.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:04 pm 
Daniel Grazian wrote:
After a tremendous amount of prodding, he finally agreed to tell me who it was.

Note that having multiple proxies is rather useless if we're going to ignore them. If you're going to tell dgrazian everything, there's no point putting it another degree of separation away. Also, I honestly don't think dgrazian should be asking people to give him such information, even if he seems trustworthy -- he could, for all we know, be a Mafia member with his hands entirely clean, pointing the town around. I don't think this is likely, but I think on a strategic level think it's worth not telling the Mafia everything.

On to Steven Valdez/dbr, then. Honestly, I think it's less likely that dbr just pulled a name out of nowhere unless they're both Mafia, so I think Steven Valdez is a better target.

I'd also really like to hear what dbr thinks about Jacobi and Steven Valdez. Jacobi and dbr were clearly in communication, since Jacobi seemed to be the one leading the charge against Alex, even before most of the alleged evidence.

I guess they could both be a part of a really derpy Mafia, which we seem to have. I think Steven Valdez is acting very similarly to Jacobi, and definitely seems scummy. dbr has some nontrivial chance of being multiply duped, especially since he's still not super-involved in the game.

Mainly, I'd like to hear from all of the involved parties, but until such time I think I'll vote for Steven Valdez.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:11 pm 
I agree that we shouldn't be having everyone tell everything to Daniel. This is putting all out eggs in one basket. It would be bad if Daniel was conscripted knowing everything. Please tell someone else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:41 pm 
What do people think of lynching steven valdez tonight rather than dbr?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:52 pm 
That appears to be what most people are doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:56 pm 
And Alex is right that ideally I not be told everything by everybody. I was suggesting myself primarily for expediency, since whoever was told important info, particularly regarding investigator identities, would probably need to coordinate with me, to cross reference with what I know already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:58 pm 
So, Steven is leaving game if he isn't lynched. I will vote for dbr since it will be faster to get them both out of game, as we wanted both of them lynched. I understand there's a chance dbr as simply duped by steven, but given how badly he handled the situation, I think it's reasonable to take that chance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:14 am 
Quick info:

People confirmed innocent for jaysonl's kill by my investigator:

fluffy
dbr
bowler
dgrazian (thinking frame a townie might have been used.)
Steven
krue

People confirmed innocent for jaysonl's murder by other investigator (who I don't trust at this point.):

krue
benkraft
Jacobian
Alex

There are others who know this investigator's identity, and can reveal it if it becomes necessary.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]