Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: For Ghosts/Spectators
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:13 pm 
It's just me now.

If Nurse Joy posts another investigation, I think I'll stop faking them. Town will think one of sasha and matt was an investigator, and trust the real investigations less, since one is probably mafia.

It's now 1v7, so I doubt I can win.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:44 am 
Nurse Joy hasn't posted anything, so I proxying to erin that aok didn't kill sashacf.

I'm not really sure how these fake investigations can help me; telling erin that I didn't make a kill is kind of sketchy, and otherwise I'll be giving them true information.

I probably should have said matt didn't kill lucy, to put more attention on the suspects of that death. Oh well.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:12 am 
I just killed brunnerj in front rooms. Lots of adrenaline. I'll claim I went to bed at about 1:30, when jordan did. I don't think any other players have seen me.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:09 am 
They haven't noticed that josh is dead yet :P . Erin noticed he hasn't been replying to chats, but hasn't confirmed. Dead players should avoid marking chats as read, because reading a chat that says "are you alive" and not responding is equivalent to say you're dead.

Apparently I'm Nurse Joy; I thought I was Officer Jenny based on timing. Presumably sasha was officer jenny.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:15 pm 
I realized I know the whole proxy chain for Nurse Joy. It was originally:

Dylan->Erin->Matt->Katie->Dylan->Sasha->Katie

It has since been shortened to

Dylan->Erin->Katie

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:15 pm 
Also, I'm sending erin that dgrazian did not kill sasha.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:19 pm 
Erin sent me a pm asking if aok or dgrazian is in the proxy chain. I'm pretty sure I want to say "yes," because saying "no" would make both of them look really good. But I don't want them tracing back the proxy chain, so I'm delaying with the (true) excuse of calling my parents. I'll hopefully kill pravina soon after day end, and then be able to claim she was proxying to me. This will make me look kind of sketchy, but it'll also make aok and dgrazian look bad, and I think it's the best I can do. I don't think I'll be able to win anyway.

I thought at first that the game was mafia-biased because of the weakened investigators, but they're turning out to be more useful than I thought. Now the game seems slightly town-biased, and we got fairly unlucky in terms of alibis with sasha's death. Should I have proxied that matt didn't kill sasha? Or would that have ended up catching both of us?

Also, "oak" (as in professor oak) is an anagram of "aok." Coincidence?

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:21 pm 
It would be nice to be able to set traps. But all I know is that jordan and josh aren't investigators, and that sasha was most likely officer jenny.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:38 pm 
I just talked to katie. She's sure either one of matt and erin is mafia, or aok and dgrazian both are. If joy hadn't been aok or dgrazian, lynching erin would mean there's definitely one mafia, since aok and dgrazian couldn't both be mafia. So I might have messed up; maybe I should have said "no."

She told me to ask up the chain which of aok and dgrazian it is, since they both denied it. I could arbitrarily pick one of them, or I could try to say that something got confused and the actual answer is "no," but that's sketchy. Maybe I should have told katie that I told erin "no," and erin is the one who made up the lie.

It would be really nice if there were another mafia alive who I could talk to instead of you rubber ducks.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:48 pm 
I think I'll tell katie that it's aok. If I never answer she'll get really suspicious, and I've waited long enough already. I'll be in a sort-of beef with aok; hopefully they won't force me to reveal the chain before I can kill pravina. If they do, I think I should claim that aok was proxying to me, and then I'll just be in a direct beef with him.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:12 pm 
I just told katie that aok has been proxying to me, so aok and I have a beef. I think it was the best I could do at this point.

I probably messed up by saying one of them was in the chain, to the point where I'll lose pretty soon. Oh well.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:36 pm 
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they've figured out how to force a win. gg

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:17 pm 
It's annoying how hard it is to kill nonresidents. In particular, if ksedlar and dgrazian weren't together the whole time from day end to when they left, I would have killed one of them.

(Not saying god should do anything about it; it's just annoying)

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 2:22 pm 
There're probably unconditionally lynching me tonight. Is there any reason I shouldn't just resign now?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:19 pm 
I just killed dgrazian in the same placed I killed josh. I'll probably be one of the top suspects, but whatever.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:39 pm 
dylanhen wrote:
There're probably unconditionally lynching me tonight. Is there any reason I shouldn't just resign now?

Because something could happen/people's votes shift, we don't know. Also, you still have scheme left if you want to go out with a bang (more delicious flavor text awaits).

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:43 pm 
Lotlot wrote:
dylanhen wrote:

Because something could happen/people's votes shift, we don't know. Also, you still have scheme left if you want to go out with a bang (more delicious flavor text awaits).

Apologies, this is not correct. You have scheme left but you cannot use it since it's just you who's left :(

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:55 pm 
I'm pretty sure there are no investigators left, but I attempt to set a trap on pravinas.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:58 pm 
You fail. Pravinas was is an investigator.