Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Communication
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 6:57 pm 
We should probably communicate mostly through forums. We could also use gchat, but jordanh would find it strange if I hide my screen from her too much, or if a random gchat message pops up. After she dies I prefer gchat to forums for the most part.

Post subject: Re: Communication
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 8:47 pm 
You should ask one or two random players to proxy for you, since this is good strategy for town and will help if we want to fake investigations. I asked Lucy and ermain to proxy; you should choose independently.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 12:04 am 
I haven't been posting much until now but I'll be more active now. Still brushing up on mafia rules. Lucy actually asked me to proxy. That a good idea then?

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 12:15 am 
I killed Lucy not long after she asked me to be a proxy.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:32 am 
Nice! You're not on anyone's suspicion list. When Lucy asked you to proxy, did it seem like she's actually an investigator?

You should post an alibi for the death whenever a townie version of you would post one.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:30 am 
Lucy said she was an investigator. No clue whether to takw that at face value. I'm kind of tempted to not post an alibi since someone already commented that I went to sleep right after GoT. Seems like it may be better to play it off as my clueless with Mafia a little more since I think posting an alibi might actually draw more attention at this point instead of deflecting it.

What do you think?

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 10:00 am 
Lucy would definitely claim to be investigator even if she isn't, so don't read too much from that.

If you were town would you be posting an alibi? If someone pokes you to post one, you definitely should, and I think it should be something like "I went to sleep shortly after GoT"

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 10:53 am 
If I was town I would have unless someone already gave me one. Since they have I don't feel a need to unless callwd out like you said.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:07 am 
dylanhen wrote:
We should probably communicate mostly through forums. We could also use gchat, but jordanh would find it strange if I hide my screen from her too much, or if a random gchat message pops up. After she dies I prefer gchat to forums for the most part.

Keep in mind, spectators (and posterity) read the forums so please post important mafia updates and such on forum. (It's not very entertaining if all the fun happens on gchat :D)

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:30 am 
(We haven't been using gchat at all, and if we do I'll add gods+ghosts+spectators)

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:37 pm 
I was thinking about scheming. It's early but if we did it now could we make it look like we knew one of us was being outed (since they chose Alex it seems? We'll have to wait for votes.) and tried to play it while we could?

I think it's probably too early but we should discuss when we might best use it.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:43 pm 
They picked dgrazian to lynch. I think it's too early for scheme to be useful, but if you really want to we can.

In general, scheme is better to use later, because executions are more likely to kill townies earlier in game, and we can let game get small that way before we need to make lots of kills.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:47 pm 
I agree with that. We'll wait then.