Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Wrapping up loose ends
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:39 am 
I think we're set on the mob goal, but I'm still going to do some mason stuff and personal goal stuff. I'm also going to try to deal with edge cases. I already investigated aok for ajliu's death, results yet to come. According to kmli, the only people who could have killed her are Tuan and aok, and Tuan already has a thing. Lucy also said there were 10 townies alive before our killing spree. At that time, there were 16 people alive. I think I wasn't conscripted yet then. So 3 mob members, plus Lotta who was Dobby and independently aligned. That leaves 2 unaccounted for people who aren't town. I'd like to figure out who they are. Probably one of them is aok. Maybe Tuan wanted everyone to write haikus as a VC? IDK.

As for what I'm going to do:
1. I'm going to use a freeze incant on myself.
2. I'm going to kill ltchin tomorrow to get her molding supplies.
3. I will attempt to make the holy grail.
4. We can maybe elect Max mayor with the petition that Lily had. If we kill ltchin, then that would make the vote 4-4 if everyone else voted against us (doubtful), which we could win if we voted for Francesca or if Ethan voted with us. That way we don't even have to worry about one of us getting lynched tonight.
5?. Very shortly before day end, I'm going to make a megapost in the Masonry Village info dumping Ethan on everything (or almost everything?) That way the average Mason knowledge about game will be as high as possible. I don't think there is anything Ethan can do at that point to react.

I'm not sure how I will react to info about whether aok killed ajliu. I might teleport and kill him too if we want to be careful. I am currently weighing how much I care about prodding the remote players for role info versus how much I care about possibly jostling them into doing something to twart us. I will probably not contact any remotes to ask about role info.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:56 am 
Um, Tuan seems to be flying to Boston today. Does he count as a local player? Maybe we should just teleport and kaboom him on his plane?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:55 am 
Uh...
That is odd.
If he is becoming local, we should do that.

That leaves aok as a loose end, but maybe that's ok. Maybe he's a rogue or something.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:57 am 
Yeah. I also don't even have the investigation back yet, so who knows what happened with ajliu.

BTW, I want to kill ltchin earlier rather than later, both in case making the holy grail takes time, and because ltchin has a death-triggered ability, which may tell her that Lucy is dead. Would probably attempt to kill her now, if it weren't for Jakob's lack of internet. :( So I'll wait until tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:04 am 
I agree with that.

I don't think Tuan can kill, so should we just play as if we're scared of Lucy while Tuan is around?

If he can, preemptive killing is good, but I just don't see it in a player that was formerly remote.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:19 am 
BTW, I realized that after I use up the gun on ltchin, we can try Accioing / item magneting a gun. That way if some other player has a gun that could potentially be used to twart us, we get it instead.

Also, yeah, I think that Tuan *probably* can't kill.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:23 am 
I can also accio gun excluding you and me right now, just to see if anyone has one.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:54 am 
I'm going to go to sleep and won't be up until 12:30 (or maybe a little later).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:32 am 
Oh, you can accio "gun" excluding people? That sounds like a good plan.

Also, aok (actually aok this time, not Ethan), messaged me asking, "Ksedlar, what do I do?" Now he's asking a bunch about game. Gah, I wish I had my detective investigation processed so I can figure out if he needs shanking...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:49 am 
So among the stuff aok was saying, he claimed gay knights with Anpere, and thus to be dying at the end of today. Which I'm pretty sure is false? Anpere didn't say much, but I don't think he was gay knights with anyone. I'm also suspicious that any role would directly carry over from normal games, at least without any modification (honestly, my power was conspiracy theorist with extra goal switching added). I told aok to vote for Lucy, and he seemed confused over a lot of what was going on in game. He also mentioned that he was worried about communicating with people, given the possibility he could be assassinated over communication. That kind of freaked me out. It would be problematic if he killed me. I mean, if he killed ajliu, he's most likely a rogue, and probably can't kill mob, but who knows? I should at least kill ltchin first to get in the gun kill. If you elect yourself mayor, you can probably get a majority even without me though, given the unlikeliness that enough remotes will vote against you.

Really sad I forgot to update my fan list last night. I would have put aok on it too.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:23 pm 
That... is really sketchy. It's possible he's one-sided? That seems unlikely.
Should we kill him with our kaboom? The best defense is a good offense, and I'm less worried about Tuan than someone who's actively lying.

It's possible that he's a rogue who learned anpere was mob, and thinks we're town because the Lucy thing is too effective, which would be extremely awkward.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:15 pm 
Update for ghosts/future readers:

Aok showed up as innocent for killing ajliu. We attempted to poison aok and kmli for tomorrow, and were informed that we successfully poisoned aok. I teleport-shanked ltchin for her molding supplies and started molding the grail, and informed Ethan of this. Meanwhile, I'm bsing Ethan about a plan to get a cauldron from Max's "item creation power" in order to make a Pensieve with memory of the grail model. I'm also chatting with aok, who told me his items and suggested that I get elected mayor. Ethan also thinks me being mayor is a good idea, so I might just do that the legit way, rather than with Lily's sketchy petition. Current plan is to teleport to Logan Airport and kaboom Tuan when he comes in to town. We will then MtP the location to the moon, for the lulz.