Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Mob intros
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:30 pm 
Hello,

you guys want the town dead. In particular, you want for there to be at least as many mobsters alive as townies, including only in-town players.

You may conscript one person into the mob by injecting them with laughing gas. They will become your EEVEEL CLOWN. Use the standard conscription incant followed by 'inject' and ask the GMs to send them an explanatory PM.

Post subject: Re: Mob intros
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:15 pm 
You get one kill per day among you, using "BANG". You get 2 uses of KABOOM, which presumably kills more people than BANG does. You all have individual powers. You should trust each other enough to share this stuff, no mob member has an individual goal not compatiable with the mob goal.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:16 pm 
I'm a bomb. My timer is set to go off at 12:53 on Saturday. Every time I make an in-person kill, I may increase the amount left on my timer by up to 2 days or decrease it by as much as I want, so that it ends up at at least 30 minutes. I may explode any time I want starting at 15 minutes to detonation. I must "tick" at least once every 5 minutes in conversation with other players. When I explode, I yell "explosion; all players within the sound of my voice are dead unless they know otherwise". It doesn't work over the phone. If my timer runs out, I have to explode. Presumably I die when I explode, I'll ask God for clarification.

I'm going to be out of town from Friday evening to Sunday evening, so I need to make the kill tomorrow or Friday or my explosion will suck.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:56 pm 
Hi! My role is, for the time being, a vanilla mafia, though I may get new information/abilities as time goes on.

I've never been mafia before, so I don't really know anything about strategy.

As for the ticking, I wonder if you can use words like 'tac-tick' and 'sta-tick' to disguise the ticking. Otherwise, people might notice, and guess some part of the role from that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:02 pm 
I'm not actually sure if I'm supposed to say the word "tick" or make a ticking noise or if it's up to me or what. God, can you clarify that?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:04 pm 
It's up to you - if you do disguise it like that, please emphasize the "tick".

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:26 pm 
Jakob: can you edit your first post to have the names of all the mobsters so it's easy to find?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:47 pm 
Jakob: have you given us the names of the others? I assumed that it was left out on purpose.

Miranda: we [plus the conscript] might be the only mobsters that exist. There might be a second faction (we aren't called 'the mafia' after all, and I don't know if any town posts mention 'the mob' specifically), or other odd things might be in the works. There might also be a rogue, right?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:18 am 
Whoops, the mobsters are:

- anpere (mob boss)
- Miranda
- maxmurin
- ijc (rip, dropped out, turned into a conscription)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:26 am 
Hey guys!
I basically have the ability to hire a hitman to kill people outside of Massachusetts once every two days.
I'd be most useful and responsive through chat (i.e whatsapp, hangouts). If we do chat we should include jacob because including god is always fun.
My number is 516-359-3210
gmail: andres15perez@gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:25 am 
I'm jweisblat101@gmail.com and 216 223 8549 if you make a chat.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:15 pm 
I'm dragona359@gmail.com, phone number 617-959-1824. If we could do a group text instead of a gchat that would be good. The masons are using gchat and I really don't want to confuse the two.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:12 pm 
"you want for there to be at least as many mobsters alive as townies, including only in-town players" Wait, does this mean that we only need to kill local players?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:14 pm 
Well, in that case, can we win today? We have 1 mafia kill, 1 avada kedavra, and 1 gun. That reduces in-town players to six, which we are half of. Then, we can tie the lynch vote, or use set-a-trap to kill more players.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:19 pm 
If we get a set-a-trap off on a local player, I think we win. (?) If that's the case, let's just do that and then if it works we go through with it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:20 pm 
We also have the bomb explosion, right? But we can't tie the lynch vote, because remote players can vote for a lynch. Also Lucy is mayor and has extra votes.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:22 pm 
I agree with what maxmurin said. If we trap enough people, it won't matter if I get lynched. Also, ksedlar, am I understanding you right that it would actually be good for the masons' goals to trap some of them, because it would raise their average level of knowledge?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:22 pm 
Wait, let's say we set a trap and win. That's one kill. Then, we can make three more. That's a total of four. Then, there are five living players remaining, and we are three of them; even if there's a lynch on miranda or someone, we still win.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:29 pm 
I want Jakob to post to confirm if we don't need to kill local players.

Also, we should be careful about using up all of our firepower immediately. Sometimes people can't be located properly and then you can't make a kill. And there are a lot of things that can interfere. For example, maybe tsims can teleport to Washington and teleport Ethan back with him, increasing the count of local players.

It's also unclear if accomplishing the mob victory condition would end game. If not, we'd be leaving ourselves in trouble. The Mason goal explicitly said that there were secret rules of game, and I wouldn't be surprised if one of them related to the game end condition.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:34 pm 
You might be right. Let's wait for Jakob, then.

The easiest remote to kill will probably be Francesca, since she'll probably be asleep.

We can steal the item magnet and then use it to steal the teleporter if we're worried about teleporter shenanigans. If we do that, we can make anpere local too, to increase our count.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:39 pm 
Yeah, that sounds like a good plan. Although stealing the item magnet and then stealing the teleporter would incriminate me/Luke/Ethan to the masons.

We should check if we can increase local count via the teleporter. Also, we should see if it's possible to teleport or portkey to a remote player to kill them, and if so, what the mechanic for that is. AKA, can we have Loren use the regular kill for today without having to do much, and then activate his bombness.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:41 pm 
Jakob's in the process of replying to the ten or so questions I sent him, so I'll know more after that.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:52 pm 
If Loren dies, though, there are only two of us here (assuming anpere doesn't catch a ride with me on the teleporter or something). Then, we need to kill way more players to still win.
If we do the explosion plan, we have two kills on top of explosion, and need to kill four people. That means that explosion needs to kill two people to tie us, and then lynch votes might screw things up.

I think we're more secure if Loren doesn't explode, or if he kills a local player to trigger it (though that may be difficult).

I'll check if killing you uses up the daily mafia kill. If it doesn't, then this is better, since we have three extra kills on top of explosion.

We should set a trap before doing any of this, IMO.