Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Harry Potter references
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:30 pm 
One of us started with a galleon. KSedlar is looking for a "special cup" which might be Hufflepuff's cup. Also she wants people to use incants on her*, which isn't necessarily HP related but is interesting. Lots of people seem to want socks (useful for freeing house elves).

*or she really really doesn't want people to use incants on her, and hopes saying she does will scare people off.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:02 pm 
Interesting. It seems that a sizable fraction of game is Harry Potter related.
Where did KSedlar talk about the "special cup"?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:08 pm 
In a private chat with me during lightsabers. She might just be spewing misinformation; after all, I told her I had a chicken.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:19 pm 
POTTERSHIT CONFIRMED

I got a PM from god right before day end saying I open my window and something flies in, and a link and the statement that I should read it after day end. I just read it, and it says,

"You receive an owl anonymously on day 2:

I am looking for my servant to help me come back. I know who the boy is. The anonymity is necessary as long as I am in this form. Use this owl to reply.

You may use this owl to reply to the message - PM a GM to do so."

So, there's a voldemort player or game abstraction who thinks I'm one of their death eaters or something, and maybe knows who Harry Potter is. I have no goals relating to death eaters or voldemort and don't know what profit there is for me in cooperating with this entity. I'm thinking of replying with something along the lines of "what's in it for me" or "how many people have you sent this message to". Also, ksedlar knows that I think there's Harry Potter stuff in game, so she might be phishing me.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:37 pm 
I also received this; it's possible everyone or a large portion of people did. Ksedlar hasn't interacted with me, so it's not her phishing you unless she's trying to get everyone.

spooOOooOOky

If ksedlar is looking for a special cup, could that be the triwizard cup? Wasn't there a search for that?

Lilychen is probably Snape or something.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:20 pm 
To clarify, I was looking for the holy grail. BTW, Sasha was Harry Potter and now they're dead. I talked with Max so presumably it's okay to share this info, but Max was Wormtail and wanted to summon Voldemort, but doesn't anymore because Harry Potter is dead. So Voldemort would be angry with Max if summoned because he wanted to kill Harry himself.