Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Commentary on game
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:44 pm 
So far I'm quite happy with the trolls I put into game. Kmath is the tanner, and when she randomized a gun, I couldn't ear to take it away. I'm surprised nobody's accused her yet.

Post subject: Re: Commentary on game
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:46 pm 
oh okay, ksedlar and pravina are both investigating, they're just not posting in town square.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:25 pm 
blumberg wrote:
Can I have the power to explode when someone kills me? Namely, the person who killed me also dies in the explosion.

Also, I plan to be Dobby (kind of ish) and be loyal to the person who has most recently given me an article of clothing. I figure it goes well with the sock theme. Also, Dobby kinda looks like a potato.

lol, more Harry Potter references

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:28 pm 
So far, 1 lynch vote. Exactly as expected: kmath votes for kmath.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:32 pm 
maxmurin wrote:
On the other hand, maybe that's just kmli.

This is why I'm so glad I gave kevin this role.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:38 pm 
lol, both hidden places are discussing fmajluf's owl. She sent

Quote:
To sashacf

Dear Harry,
This is your godfather. I am glad this owl made it to your hands. I am safe and on your side (which you can confirm with god), but I can’t let you know my identity or location because the Ministry of Magic can intercept owls. DO NOT tell anyone you’re Harry Potter and that I exist. I believe the Death Eaters are searching for you because they need you to bring him back.
Apparently, I appear guilty on all investigations so I plan to lay low. You will be my main channel of communication with town. Please, send my way any information that may identify Death Eaters (in particular, Lucius Malfoy, Severus Snape, and Peter Pettigrew), given that this does not help the Ministry hurt us and can help me have more power to help town. Also, I have something for Ron, if you happen to know who that is, too. You can use this owl to reply to this message, but always keep in mind that the Ministry can intercept it.
Some things that must be kept in mind. Dgrazian and fmajluf7 are dead quiet, so they may be in a faction, maybe even mafia. lilychen cannot be trusted and should not be given items blindly. She’s an expert manipulator and even better at hoarding and helping her faction through what town gives her. People are not discussing anything or even the weirdness of the deaths, so town is very weak in this game and there’s a heavy involvement of factions. If you know of someone else who might be town, let me know that as well.
Stay safe,
Sirius

To anpere, Daniel Grazian, lilychen, lukesci, maxmurin, Miranda Gavrin, and tsims

I am looking for my servant to help me come back. I know who the boy is. The anonymity is necessary as long as I am in this form. Use this owl to reply.

Also, ltchin is really excited because kmath was on her murder list so her body becomes a potato, except the lynch didn't kill her.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:40 pm 
maxmurin (wormtail) said he was gonna bite. He gets more dark lord summoning information tomorrow, so hopefully he'll not bite too deep, though I'll be impressed with fmajluf7 if he does.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:43 pm 
I'm so excited about this mafia game. It hasn't fallen apart yet. I was figuring it would be unbalanced enough to fall apart in a few days, but it seems not to be. I'm wondering who the mob are going to conscript though. I also wonder when kmath will reveal that she's still alive.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:55 pm 
I'm a little afraid that anpere (mob boss) will end up inactive. He's crucial for the deaths of non-Bostonians to happen. It'll also be the case that aok/anpere's GNness won't resolve then.

Of the strange items I put in game:
- a gold nugget: lukesci examined it and found he should mold it into something. Ltchin has a molding machine. a holy grail just might come of that.
- the deed to a plot of unoccupied land in Maryland: aok hasn't done anything with it.
- guns: kmath's did well, sashacf's is probably a little useless in their hands (wizards have their own methods) but maybe it'll serve well.
- detective notebooks (grant investigations) - none used yet
- Lucy's garden and ksedlar's chemistry set were both put in game for the purpose of making lilychen's potions, and they brewed a truth serum successfully. They don't know that's what it is though.
- pravinas flew her kite, and it got away. I gave it to aok. Not sure if it serves a useful purpose yet.
- tsims has a syringe that maxmurin probably wants to take blood of the innocent to ressurect the dark lord.
- I gave kmli an an ounce of goat's blood. Hi, kmli! I'm not going to mention any uses I have for it here.
- lilychen probably has plans for her discounted mayor ballot.
- Ethan hasn't yet shipped his pie-making machine to the other masons, but probably will eventually.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:56 pm 
ltchin wrote:
Also, if the solution to the "there's no mafia" is "surprise, they're all actually yakuza", I will be unamused.

I'm sorry ltchin. There was a mafia, but he died already. I should reword the mayor count to can count an arbitrary faction. I guess I'll give that to the next mayor.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:38 pm 
kmli wrote:
I know the town's victory condition!

As soon as dgrazian posted that thread, I was waiting for this post from kmli. lol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:41 pm 
I think it's a little unfortunate that the Harry Potter theme seems to have taken over so thoroughly. I think it'll be okay if the dark lord is revived (go maxmurin), but if that doesn't happen I think it'll be a little disappointing. I guess an epic battle between wormtail and sirius or something would be okay.

mgavrin has lucy's seance power today (thanks to tuan trickery), so if she tells maxmurin, and they conscript someone (or they get a teleporter so they can have anpere help or something) then they can do the seance and talk to the dead dark lord and get advice and guidance. I think max should probably tell miranda some things - the death eaters really wouldn't mind killing all of town.

I really should be doing work... rip my internship this week

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:46 pm 
So I gave kmath the rope that they used to lynch her, and now she might try to go strangling people with it. Whoops - I guess I didn't have to tell her she could strangle people, but it seems so fitting..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:19 pm 
I wonder if maxmurin will claim vig based on the kmath kill.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:52 pm 
I think so far only 2 or 3 players have actually tried to "ask" as my signature suggests. This is amusing to me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:36 pm 
ooh, the masons are gonna recruit Luke. This will be quite helpful to them on one hand, and be frustrating because they misunderstand luke's power on the other hand.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:20 am 
Nooo, they're gonna conscript ksedlar.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:56 pm 
They conscripted ksedlar :/

"inject" does this:

You are an EEVEEL CLOWN. Muahahahahaha. You think you're funny. Because you are funny. Your funny voices make everyone laugh (especially you, muahahaha). Anyway, if anyone imitates your funny voices (and why would you talk about game in a regular voice, anyway?) you can poison them with maniacal laughter. They are notified the next day that they die one day later. If you think of powers that are thematic and useful, let a GM know and we might grant you them.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:12 pm 
oh, I forgot: one very valuable thing they get out of conscripting a mason: traps.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:37 pm 
Miranda should have her body double kill someone today and set her explosion time to a time there'll be a lot of players around. I think if she's lynched, her body will still explode at 10:53 AM on monday, and any nearby players (probably none) will die.

The masons (finally) understood my hint about ltchin's plane, but they're not sure how to go about stealing her molding supplies. I bet asking might be sufficient.

Miranda is trying to send her items to max. i,i put them in a big box and have him 'accio' them.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:54 pm 
I've successfully trolled tsims into reconsidering whether ltchin is the reason the molding supplies are on their way to california. Do I feel bad? not really, I've probably granted too many masons' wishes anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:00 pm 
Lol I think tuan is trying to give me kmath's lynch immunity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:06 pm 
Tuan I don't mistrust you I'm just dead. That's why I'm ignoring you :(

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:18 pm 
I'm impressed with how well use of avada kedavra was done. I guess I only have Ethan to tell how convincing it is though

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:21 pm 
Daniel Grazian wrote:
:twisted:

Life is much better.
Can you bring me back to life?
Pretty pretty please?

The title of the pm was my signature. Also the pretty please is a thing DG could write in his ability for extra info

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:52 pm 
[quote=ksedlar]
I kind of want to drink from the grail.
But I'm worried that it might turn me good or something.
[/quote]
Aww I was really hoping she would precisely because that would happen.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:08 pm 
So to summarize what happened at day end:
- I had forged the holy grail. Max and I were very curious about what it did. However, I was worried that being such a good item, it might turn us good, which would be bad, because we were evil. However, figuring out what the grail did would be very appropriate mason knowledge.
- I decided that only one of us should drink from the grail in the case that it turned the drinker good. Furthermore, it should be Max (I had thought I would be mayor at that point, and I also was the one in contact with aok and Ethan).
- I decided to tie Max up with our rope before he drank from the grail, and after he voted.
- I very, very foolishly bought that he wanted to be untied in order to troll with the kmath's ghost account, and I figured I was being too paranoid.
- He wrote the post on town square and voted, but as he was doing this, I re-tied him.
- Upon realizing exactly what happened, I attempted to force-feed him the apple portkey. I presumed it would either destroy him from the inside out, or permanently teleport him away from being local.
- Max tried to crucio me, but was unsure if he could do so while tied up and while being a person of pure holy good.
- I tried to hang him with our hangman's rope item. I then stabbed him 20 times with my "stab" incant.
- Jakob was not available to resolve any of this, so I eventually ended up just gchatting with Ethan and pleading with him to vote fmajluf7, in the interest of the mason goal, which he prioritized over the town goal. (My death would significantly lower average mason knowledge, and Ethan would not know where the holy grail had been redistributed.)
- Apparently fmajluf7 was successfully lynched, though I have no idea what the lynch count was.

After day ended, we realized Max could have turned into a rat to escape being tied up, crucioed me (assuming he was not too good), tied me up while I was incapacitated, and then forced me to drink from the grail.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:32 pm 
I already said this in the gchat, but I think having players with two alignments/goals is a terrible idea. At the end of the game, it put me in a situation where I could basically decide the outcome of the game (maybe, don't know without a count on the lynch vote) and either way I'd be betraying my team. This game had been really fun up until then, but now I have a really bad taste in my mouth.

Also, the inclusion of a "Crucio" power really crossed a line for me. I know we're RPing killing our friends and all, but torture is not a subject for humor/games. Ever.

Take that with a grain of salt, as I hate live-action mafia and play like once a year to remind myself why I hate it.