Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Potions
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:48 pm 
Which recipe should I open next? I can choose from apple cider, dragon elixer, liquid evil, maple syrup, potato soup

Post subject: Re: Potions
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:50 pm 
Wow, liquid evil sounds sketchy... Apple cider sounds like a good plan because it's probably pretty doable. We know of at least 3 apples already.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:10 pm 
Ok, just opened apple cider. Takes a lot of apples and 2 days.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:16 pm 
Okay, well Ethan and I have one, and kmath has one. Ethan needs to ship his though. I could also try ordering an apple off of Amazon.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:44 pm 
Do you guys want to do the item contest? Vote for each other to get us points? (Is that how it works?)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:32 pm 
Yes, I think that should work. I think three of us with four votes is safer than four of us with three votes in terms of expected number of us to get items. Also, it's somewhat inconvenient for Ethan to get the items anyway, because he would have to ship them. So I think all four of us should vote tsims, lilychen, ksedlar in the contest. Post if you have voted.

I have voted.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:42 pm 
I've voted.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:18 pm 
I also asked aok, "Would you be willing to vote for me in the item lottery?" He said, "yeah let's trade votes." I said, "Okay, sounds good. Thanks!" Hopefully me not actually voting for aok won't become apparent. I also asked Miranda if she would vote for me.

I think it's good to ask a couple people to vote for us, but not too many such that it's apparent that we're asking more people to vote for us than we could vote for though.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:22 pm 
Tsims says he voted. Miranda also said she voted for me and I claimed to have voted for her.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:31 pm 
Max gave me an apple. Lotta gave me three socks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:35 pm 
I transferred lye to Lily.

I might just brainwash Dgrazian if he keeps refusing to give me and Lily our items...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:58 pm 
Just traded my Apple for a pair of socks from Lotta. I'm going to try to brew the potion now. (It takes an hour.)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:56 pm 
Hm ok, I brewed laundry detergent. The effect is:

You think this smells like something to feed to your enemies (your keen sense of smell passes beyond the sweet watermelon scent). You could also use it on objects to make them safer. If you use it on an object, tell a GM. If a person imbibes it, they should look in directory k in this site for the file called "laundry".

I'm thinking we should probably use the making items safer ability, since I'm not sure we want to kill people.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:26 pm 
Unless someone needs to be cleaned, probably not a good potion to use on people, no.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:36 pm 
Lily, did you get another recipe today? Also, can you update the spreadsheet with your items? I heard a knife and stove mentioned, which you didn't say initially.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:42 pm 
I have a kitchen for brewing potions, which I assume has all the usual kitchen stuff.

Jakob said he was busy IRL but would get me new potion recipes soon.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:20 pm 
Confounding concoction takes 5 different food items and 37 minutes to brew.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:22 pm 
We can almost do that now, right? We have an apple, a banana, a grapefruit, and a cupcake. So if we can just get one more food item, that would do it. I can try asking Lucy for the grape she said she had.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:28 pm 
In particular, I need to
Blend on 'low' for 2 minuts, then transfer to stove. Cook on "high" for 25 minutes, then transfer to oven. Broil for 10 minutes, then transfer to microwave. Use "popcorn" setting.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:29 pm 
Potato soup takes a bunch of different colored potatoes and an apple, I posted it in town square.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:58 pm 
I have the kmath's body potato. Jakob, what color is it? So we have 5 different ingredients.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:01 pm 
It's red with biggerpotato4u branding in yellow on it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:53 pm 
Do we want to brew Confounding Concoction soon? It looks like we have all the ingredients, between Lily, Luke, and me.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:13 pm 
I'll be back in Cambridge around 9/10. Going to head over to ET then. If you come over we can brew it.

Fyi My phone is about to die but I'll try to charge it.