Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:12 pm 
Hey guys,
I just got an anonymous owl saying that they needed a servant and they knew who the boy was. This sounds very Harry Potter-esque. I can respond.
Thoughts?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:13 pm 
Me too. I think everyone may have gotten this.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:20 pm 
Given the Harry Potter theme, I guess I'm Snape...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:23 pm 
I did not get such a message. Earlier today though, Miranda brought up Harry Potter, in relation to me wanting incants on me (incantations relate to wizardry I guess). So Miranda might be related to this somehow.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:05 am 
Ok, I really think there's a Harry Potter theme/subgame going on here. The potion master = Snape thing, the owl's message, the transforming into a rat... Tsims, does your role have any plausible Harry Potter / Hogwarts connection?

Who gives Peter Pettigrew the power to become a rat in HP? Katie, do you think that has anything to do with what tuan did to you?

I talked to dgrazian a lot and I believe him a bit more now. He claimed to me that his role allows him to get a confirm/deny on a statement that another player makes to him, which he used to check that Lucy is town aligned. He says that he has some number of uses of this power per day, which was "probably two" but idk what that means. He also got the owl thing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:10 am 
I'm replying to the owl, just for the lols:
"I am ready to serve you, my Lord. What would you have me do for you? --Severus Snape"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:16 am 
Oh yeah, transforming into a rat definitely is a Harry Potter thing. Owls definitely, potions maybe (I think it's more likely to just be a reference to the game I ran). I think Miranda was making too big of a leap with the incants=incantations thing, but the fact that she made that connection makes me really think she's something Harry Pottery. It also makes sense, because the theme of the previous game was Harry Potter.

I think Pettigrew learns how to become an Animagus himself, along with the other Marauders.

Oh, if Dgrazian has that power, couldn't you just make a statement like, "I have the town goal" to him? Then he would know that even though you have another goal, you aren't working against town. Also, this power seems majorly useful, and I advocate brainwashing Dgrazian next.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:19 am 
I'm still oscillating on how much I believe him... He's a good liar. I have claimed to him that I'm town aligned but he doesn't seem to think that's particularly worth checking?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:20 am 
Katie, what part of your role did Tuan take away from you?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:27 am 
Nevermind, I found it in the other thread. (Kmath-immunity)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:29 am 
As long as you can stall him until the end of day 2, we can just have you brainwash him on day 3 rollover (once we vote to transfer the recruiter power to you). And then it won't really matter what he thinks as of right now, and we can get a member with fact-checking powers!

Tuan took away my ability to be immune to kills made upon me by kmath. The kmath-specific part of my power was a thing I chose, not something assigned at game start though. Tuan knew specifically that he was taking away that power, not just that he was taking away some power and replacing it with the rat thing. He initially thought it would just be for the rest of the day, but then clarified it was a two day thing (so I'll get my old power back tomorrow).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:15 am 
Wtf, kmli... I hope he's not actually seeing anything substantive from this forum.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:24 am 
hmm there could be something something the Hufflepuff goblet/Holy grail thing? That could be a HP tie-in

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:45 am 
Also the Goblet of fire. Does that teleport in the books? (I forget)

Jakob did say in our intro that the location of the grail would change over time.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:32 am 
No, the goblet of fire teleport YOU!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:51 am 
Should I respond in a way to see if this person has any info on the Cup/Holy Grail/Goblet of fire?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:11 pm 
I guess it couldn't hurt... fuck knows what's going on in this game anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:20 pm 
Have any idea of what to say?
Maybe something something "I'll guard your horcruxes, if you tell me where they are?" idk, I'm grasping at straws here.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:23 pm 
Yeah, sure, that sounds about as good as anything.