Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hi Alex!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:12 am 
Welcome to the land of the dead :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:40 am 
Also, mafia have essentially just won, gg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:08 am 
Yeah pretty much. It was fun, though :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:46 pm 
Yeah, I'm quite surprised the managed to pull off lynching him.

GG I suppose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:19 pm 
Welcome and GG~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:34 pm 
Thanks for the welcome!

So, well, uhm, ouch.
Alex wrote:
To: Alan Huang
Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:14 am
Subject: I suspect Krue
I suspect krue of killing josh.

Krue knew exactly where Josh was since she was in Foo with him until 8:30. She say that there were no other living players there. It would have been easy for her to leave when they started playing Through the Ages, then come back half an hour later to kill him. Her alibi of a nap is easy to make up and nobody can confirm it.

Also, from last game, where krue pretty much singlehandedly crushed town as mafia mastermind, I think she'd be capable of plotting the last few days.

My second suspect would be Dalton because he lives in Foo where the murder took place and would likely be aware that Josh is there. I'd like to see if krue says Dalton passed by while they were playing in Foo.

Alex wrote:
Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:44 pm
Subject: If krue is a townie
If krue is town and her ironheart claim is true, we can get a guaranteed win. If we elect her mayor, she can't be killed and can't be lynched (due to outvoting mafia) and can win just by lynching everyone else. On the other hand, if she's Mafia and we do this, we lose. Note that she could be an ironheart who got conscripted.

Actually, if krue is honestly town, we pretty much win anyway even if she's not mayor as long as krue wins the tiebreak in the worst case where only she and the last mafia remain. Making sure each non-trusted person has had one vote for them at some points will achieve this. Krue should also vote early every day with the secondary tiebreak.

To make krue mayor, we'd need a petition with five signatures. This is gettable now but time is running out. Whether it's worth it is tricky; I'd be happy to discuss more. Maybe we can start getting signatures now regardless before we miss our chance.

Ugh. Well, I had it then I dropped it. "What are the chance the Ironheart got conscripted?" I thought. I think town has a chance if Dalton is lynched tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:46 pm 
Also, for your further amusement.
Alex wrote:
Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:52 am
Subject: Oh crap
First Daniel is killed, then the two investigators right after. Three valuable targets. After five days of not a single kill. Whoever is doing this is either really on top of things or is very lucky.

You haven't heard from any other claimed investigators, have you? No investigation suddenly makes things a lot harder.

The Mafia's sudden gain in competence starting at Day 14 makes me think someone was conscripted right before then. It could be someone who had been trusted by then, so it might be hard to judge from the game as it played out before then.

So benkraft said in the Day 13 forums that he just got back from ESP retreat and caught up. That timing lines up perfectly if he's mafia. So it's fortunate that he got lynched. But the fact that the game is still going and I thought there was just one more mafia suggests he was not mafia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:01 pm 
fun fact, Krue was in fact taking a nap but had me killable with no alibis, similarly dalton was in fact playing the game with me, however it was Ben Kraft who killed me for which the mafia were rather annoyed (the only possible suspects were three randomites)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:03 pm 
fun fact #2, I wasn't investigator Daniel Roleclaimed to me on the first day, which felt somewhat too risky to do as a mafia given the amount I grilled him. I decided to try and convince people, that I was mafia instead and left dgrazien with a signed note in case I died first, turned out to be unnecessary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:29 pm 
Great job on the fake proxy, Daniel and Josh! You had me fooled all along.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:01 am 
Thanks Alex! Unfortunately, in the last couple days before I was killed I became frustrated enough with the game (and confident enough that dalton/krue were innocent) that I dropped my caution and admitted to being a power role.

And Alex, it was really funny reading your posts. I kept thinking, "yep, yep, that's completely logical, and I'd be doing and saying the same thing..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:27 am 
I'm glad you're entertained, Daniel! Here's some more. Oh, the irony.
Alex wrote:
[After Alan replied no to whether he could be dissuaded from lynching me.]
Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:28 pm
Subject: Re: Lynching me
OK. I assume this means you trust krue. I'd guess her ironheart claim is legit. Please elect her Mayor. Announce it on the forum. If you're right, it's a guaranteed win.

Alex wrote:
To: krue
Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:34 pm
Subject: A strategy point
I sent this to Alan:

Beware, if only a Mayor and Mafia are left, the mafia can make a petition to impeach to Mayor. Then, they vote for each other and it comes down to tiebreak. If krue is mayor, make sure she would win the tiebreak by not having votes for her and having votes for others in advance. Also, krue should vote early to win the secondary tiebreak.

I'm not posting this publicly so Mafia don't figure out this strategem.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]