Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: God Info Dump
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:21 pm 
Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l8O8R2xY5TQOg-FzPplyPVVskpFNDxV-igosxpeoeww/edit#gid=0
Brainstorming doc: http://etherpad.mit.edu/p/lam234523

Post subject: Re: God Info Dump
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:16 pm 
Is there a dump of different items that existed? I didn't get to use most of the rolls I inspected.

Who was alive at the end?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:01 am 
The roll list is as follows:

Gluten Enthusiast (rye)
As long as Martha remains in the live realm, you can not be killed
Once Martha dies, you need to eat a bread product a day to survive
Gluten-Free Dieter (potato bread / potato bread roll)
You hate Martha for bringing so much gluten in your life. In addition to your existing victory condition, you must kill Martha permanently
You will die if you eat anything with gluten. Potatoes are gluten free.
Republican (pumpernickel)
In addition to your existing victory condition, you want Donald Trump to hold an elected position by game end (and NOT Hillary Clinton).
Democrat (cinammon raisin)
In addition to your existing victory condition, you want Hillary Clinton to hold an elected position by game end (and NOT Donald Trump).
Libertarian (Bertucci's)
In addition to your existing victory condition, you want as many elected positions to be vacant as possible by game end.
The Great Communicator (sourdough)
One use - select any two people, not including yourself. They may now talk electronically to one another for free.
Ram Manager (poppy seed)
Once a day, you may transform any item you have to a different item via anagram. For example, you may turn a COIN OF LITTLE WORTH into a CONFETTI WHIRL TOOL
The new item can have any properties you'd like with reasonable powers (check with gods first). Be creative!
Dragon Syndrome (golden whole wheat)
You crave gold. GOOOOLLLLD! You'd do anything to get your hands on it. If you don't gain one gold piece and add it to your hoard on any given day, you no longer care about your main goal and only care about GOLLLLD until you get 1 more gold than you otherwise would have needed by now.
Antennae (challah)
You spout an antenna on your head. It lets you receive 1 PM a day from a player you tell in person about this ability (can be a different person each day)
Shapeshifter (multigrain)
Wow, aren't you a special snowflake? Come up with a power and tell the GMs about it. If it's not too rule-breaking, we'll let you keep it for the rest of game.
Coup Cheater (artisanal)
You really don't like the game Coup, so you think it's ok to bend the rules a bit. It now only costs $5 for you to get a "bang" incant.

There's a better-formatted version on the etherpad link above.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:11 pm 
Wow, I had not realized town was doing as well as it was. After kmli got shoveled, I thought he must have been some kind of third party (did he not shovel as mafia, or did Lily lie?) and I thought that there was some chance of Dylan telling the truth too. I didn't even consider that Lotta could be mafia in addition to being an assassin, so I didn't suspect her at all.

Town props to:
1. aok, investigating dylanhen->pravinas and for warning everyone to be careful because mafia might have the same mechanic as reaper for remote kills
2. Sammy, for limplementing that advice and paranoia texting to catch kmli
3. Lucy (not even town) for telling me about how Dylan probably killed Luke

Some questions:
1. What was up with the bottomless pit?
2. What happened to aok after I transported him to the living world?
3. Who made each kill?
4. What caused no lynch to win on the final graveyard vote?
5. Could Lotta have ghostbusted me for haunting Tuan? Or was that just Limbo players?
6. What was with kmli's weird messages?
7. How did identity thief work? I don't see how they could get posting permissions as a player.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:27 pm 
(To be clear, Dylan didn't kill me.)
Miss Congeniality did nothing, apparently.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:53 pm 
I seemed to become a living player indefinitely. I never took any game actions after becoming living, except investigating and asking questions to my ghost. I was unable to communicate with anyone without paying coins at that point.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:00 am 
ksedlar wrote:
6. What was with kmli's weird messages?

I'll answer this on the commentary thread with quotes since that seems more fitting

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:09 pm 
1. What was up with the bottomless pit? Jakob trolling
3. Who made each kill? uh ask the mafia
4. What caused no lynch to win on the final graveyard vote? sashacf ate a shapeshifter roll and chose the power "lynch votes from me against innocents don't count"

5. Could Lotta have ghostbusted me for haunting Tuan? Or was that just Limbo players? Mods really wanted that to happen.

6. What was with kmli's weird messages? ask kmli.

7. How did identity thief work? I don't see how they could get posting permissions as a player. Mods can use admin rights to pretend to be someone.

shovels: there were a few mafia-specific roles: ghostbuster, inhibitor. Only mafia had 2 roles (1 town, 1 not). Conscripts would show up as e.g. "conscripted ambassador".

I (jakob) was disapppointed that we didn't get to fling someone back down the river styx because their body was shoveled.