Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Noob assessments
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:15 am 
Hey y'all. For the sake of conversation, I figured I'd post some random opinions I have after my first Live Action Mafia game. Feel free to add opinions, corrections, insight, whatever. :)

- Mafia is an inherently flawed game because either you're Mafia, you last to endgame, or you die early. Only the first two mean you have much fun, but most people will be in the third category. (Compare Resistance, which is not an elimination game.)
- People will trust others who are like them.
- In early game, inactives get lynched. In any other part of the game, "inactive" is the way to escape death when you're Mafia, because actives draw everyone's attention, and they're more fun to theorize about.
- Being vanilla town is hella boring and has a large effort-output-to-fun ratio.
- When voting, the first person to make a really good case will get a lot of votes following them, even if said followers didn't participate in the discussion. This is probably due to inertia on part of the followers.
- Like it or not, you should avoid committed events if you don't want to die. Guild did me in.

Further thoughts when I remember them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:43 pm 
point 1, partially agree, though watching a mafia game after you are dead is quite fun as well.
point 2, not as true as you would think? I tend to over-judge my ability to read people but that guesstimate tends to be based on what they act like rather than whether they are similar to me. (i.e. I trust people who seem like they would be bad at lying, witness Dalton last game/ Gary W this game)
point 3. True for the most part, not good play by town though.
Point 4 Strongly disagree, I was saint which is not much stronger than vanilla townie, nor much more interesting, and I found the game really fun, it gets more fun as more info comes out.
Point 5, in general any lynch mob will go through if uncontested if contested it depends on what the cases are, though lynch mobs are rarely contested.
Pint 6. True :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:05 pm 
Daniel ia blowing town away. Am I the only person who didn't trust him?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:26 pm 
Nobody trusted him, but his ideas weren't ridiculous. Just misleading.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]