Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ] 
 Post subject: Threats and Kill targets
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:16 am 
We should talk about initial kill targets here:

Tom, Alcor, and Dalton are natural targets, since they have the fake ID's. However, I do not want to kill Tom in the first couple days (since he died first last time.)

A couple people who strike me as particularly threatening:

- Josh (people will likely trust him, since he has the reputation of not being able to lie, even though he is a much better liar than people give him credit for)
- Alex (good player)
- Dalton and krue (good players, at least as mafia; I don't know how they'll be as townies.)
- Enrique (He has a decent record of reading me, though I'm kind of excited for the challenge of defeating him)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:21 am 
I'm in a room with Tom and Enrique right now. Nothing will happen though since it would be way too obvious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:52 am 
If we happen to see any of these people tomorrow and are not around other ppl playing should we kill them? Or should we wait until we've met with all the mafia members?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:30 am 
I want to keep Dalton around. He's a terrible towns person but a mean mafia. He's good as a distraction from us later or as a conscription. Krue was conscripted last game so idk how she plays an innocent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:33 pm 
if we see someone, and you have a good alibi, (it won't look like you killed them) then yes, you should kill them.

(ps. hi Liz! challenge, making this game as awesome as last one :P)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:58 pm 
(oh man Molly, I don't know if we can get another flawless victory. but hey, let's get dalton on our side and it might happen!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:11 am 
Well Dalton did claim investigator to me. He said that since he was going to choose someone as a proxy, he might as choose me since I have experience and a reasonable track record as inspector.

Dalton has also expressed some suspicion of Arkhipov:

According to Dalton, Dalton told Alex he knew an inspector and asked for the medkit. Alex was really reluctant, but finally agreed to give him the medkit, on the condition that Dalton return it in a few days. Dalton found this rather suspicious.

I told Dalton that I found Alex's reluctance understandable, and that I would be similarly reluctant in his position. After all, Alex is a natural target for the mafia, and it's difficult to bring oneself to give up such excellent protection. And he did end up giving Dalton the medkit. I agreed, though, that it seemed a little unusual that he wanted the medkit actually returned to him later...anyway, the seed of suspicion on Alex is hopefully planted.

If Dalton really trusts me as much as he seems to, that's really awesome for us! However, it's a common town-tactic to pretend to trust someone to try to get them to let down their guard (not to the extent of truthfully giving away one's special role, though)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:22 am 
And remember always that you're not supposed to know any of this stuff! Same goes for anything any of us posts here about private info we've learned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:37 pm 
Dalton seems wayy too paranoid to be iron heart, either that or he is reallllyyyy good at faking it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:08 pm 
Dalton is (almost certainly) not ironheart. He claims to be investigator and to have the medkit.

Enrique has claimed ironheart (first day to josh, dalton, and me when enrique was in danger of being lynched.) I don't particularly believe him, but it's definitely possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:02 pm 
Tom should probably be killed during Babylon 5. Raluca, you would be the perfect person to do this, since you're not affiliated with the Assassins Guild (are you? - my deep apologies if I'm wrong.)

Think about valuable kill targets and/or people who would be easy to kill over the weekend. We should discuss that more tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:43 pm 
Have fun lizrita!!
Sure I can try if no one else who can (Molly/Gaurav) wants to - I don't wanna take all the fun out. There are other ppl to stalk too. Otherwise, Babylon 5 on the Assassins Guild page doesn't specify much other than that it's the weekend of 4/13, so where could we find him? I'm also going to be occupied/gone Saturday and Sunday (going camping)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:02 pm 
Don't worry, I can show you where to go for Babylon 5 :twisted:

We don't have to kill Tom, though. Most anybody will work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:17 am 
Yup you should show me, I'm curious to see another larping game anyway

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:08 am 
Hey Raluca, you should app for guild games. They are lots of fun (and more than half of the people playing in this game are also in guild).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:19 am 
Yes, and it really surprised me that only Tom from the mafia game is playing in Babylon 5.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:07 am 
Never mind, according to Alcor's post, she's playing in the guild game. I would actually prefer her as a target. She seems to be more trusted than most players, and she is very attentive to details in this game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:52 pm 
Maybe I will, I'm terrible at acting but this is a lot of fun.
Daniel you should tell me or whoever wants to make a kill today where to go. And also what Alcor looks like or at least her real name, fb stalking is proving unproductive.
"Yeah, I'm dreading the idea of having to be in a confined set of space for a long period of time when people can just walk through and shank me." bwahahaha yess

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:15 pm 
Drew's Facebook Page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:18 pm 
JB: No. They need to stalk people/ find photos of them themselves. Don't affect game please =P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:27 pm 
When I read what Alcor wrote, my first thought was, "Well, we can fix that!"

The same general policy should continue that if any of you have a kill that won't be traced to you, take it. Raluca, tonight I can show you to guild space and hopefully you can get a chance to nail Alcor or Tom.

Finally finished the 6.046 take-home! But I got literally no sleep last night.

Do you want to get together later and go hunting, Raluca?
:twisted: [/code][/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:30 pm 
Jacobian wrote:
JB: No. They need to stalk people/ find photos of them themselves. Don't affect game please =P

This actually brings up an interesting point in Live-Action Mafia. Normally in a game of Mafia, mafia has easy access to get at players. It was my assumption that all players are assumed to have access to basic info (for example appearance) of all other players.

I'll leave further stalking up to the mafia, and I'll avoid posting further headshots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:36 pm 
Molly says that she can take this one and I may be gone later tonight anyway. You guys should meet up though, killing alcor would be pretty great :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:53 pm 
I am now emailing Zandra to try to find out whether she saw anyone when Steven was killed

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]