Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ] 
 Post subject: Plotting Day 2
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:38 am 
Here we continue to plot our schemes for world (or at least town) domination.

I'd recommend that you guys be a little more active on the forum / in the game. My tendency to go after inactives is well-known, and I think a lot of other players have similar attitudes.

Also, posting thoughts in the mafia den is always a good thing.

Glory to the Mafia
Death to the Town

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:13 am 
I really want us to make a kill every day for now, including today. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be doing it; I have an enormous amount of work I need to do in the next three days, and my participation in this game will have to be minimal. Plus, I'd rather not make kills myself anyway (for now) since I'm pretty well-embedded into the decision-making body of the town.

I'd recommend killing people as they're going to or getting out of classes. Most players have given their classes, and you can find locations on websis. If you're going to stalk a particular class, text everybody beforehand to tell us. After any kill text immediately.

The code is, "Hey..." For example, "Hey Gaurav, are you free for lunch?"

Don't kill Dalton right now. He probably has the medkit!

Raluca, lizrita, Molly, Gaurav, can at least one of you confirm that you are going to stalk a class today? Not at the exact same time.

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:15 pm 
I can try to kill Chewy, he says he is in film experience which is 4-237 from 3:30-5.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:30 pm 
You should go for it, Raluca.
I'm home already, but I can kill Abby if necessary. However, I think town will immediately turn to Molly and I if Abby ends up dead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:02 pm 
Abby will need to die at some point. Someone other than liz or molly should do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:38 pm 
No dice. Meh :/ I went to 4-237 and Tom was sitting outside the room in the hallway (apparently he has the class too) as I walked past. I didn't want to kill him so soon but obviously once he had seen me I couldn't do anything anymore in that area/time. Not sure if I screwed up. On the plus side Tom should trust me now because it was a deserted hallway and I could easily have gotten him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:30 pm 
Anywaysss, we should kill someone.
If anyone wants me to go somewhere specifically, tell me. I haven't seen anyone around campus today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:33 pm 
That's okay. Next time in a situation like that, just make the kill. Where are you now; can you make a reasonable kill today?

Same goes for you guys Gaurav, Liz, and Molly. Again, I would strongly prefer not to make kills myself for the beginning of the game. I seem to have some strong influence in the town (e.g. I personally decided that Caroline should be lynched yesterday, and the town followed.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:00 pm 
I think Daniel should keep his hands immaculate. Unfortunately, if he gets elected to mayor and isn't killed, if there aren't higher profile kills being made, people are going to be suspicious. If Daniel gets elected mayor, he'd better get used to acting paranoid, and wanting to travel in a group. My history as "Mafia in the Mayorship" is going to cause some doubt if he's elected without conflict.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:05 pm 
Not if I can get my hands on the medkit, or have it well-known that I might have the medkit! That's my plan anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:15 pm 
That works too. But then I'd eventually poison you. Consider using this as a ploy towards the end of game... Claim you were poisoned and ask for mass-claims. Maybe they'll trust you. Maybe they won't. Also, redistribute the medkit. This is way down the line. I trust you won't do something stupid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:46 pm 
I'm also not going to be mayor yet probably, unless town's plans change. Josh will be mayor (this was originally my suggestion, though I don't know if anybody remembers that), and we'll probably kill him in a few days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:02 pm 
steven valdez is on 4th floor of student center right now, working on a project with some np's. If one of you is nearby, that could be a quick kill. None of the np's are familiar with the game, I think (except possibly Zandra.)

Go up elevator closer to La Verde's. He's sitting on couch right outside the elevator.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:34 pm 
I killed him silently and from behind, he turned and nodded in response.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:01 pm 
Nice job!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:27 pm 
Can people ask to view your texting logs? If so, you may want to follow up the conversation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:12 pm 
I would say no, they cannot ask for your texting logs. That is too close to an out-of-game invasion of privacy for my taste.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:14 pm 
Um, I wouldn't post reasons for the town to lynch me on the forum if i were mafia too. rifrim, there wasn't really any reason up say that if you were the only one with the information. I really was in the meeting, and almost all of black hole knew that I went to the student center because I tell them where I am a lot because I like black hole. Me being in the student center and not esp is suspicious. (on another note, rifrim, don't take back your statement about me not being there, that could be weird.)

Sorry if this isn't very clear, typing on my phone. Also, just a note for everyone, we should look like we are innocent, so while in person I am going to play innocent, even if it seems that no one is around, don't talk as if me or you is mafia, nonplayers can hear and tell others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:28 pm 
Sorry! Priya actually said that you weren't there, and I thought it would help. But I won't do that again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:29 pm 
Black hole likes you too Molly. Especially certain parts of it =D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:33 pm 
Gag me with a spoon why don't you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:48 pm 
Town seems pretty unorganized and confused. However, the only people they've really brought up are two of us and one new player. Oops.

I will encourage further, less ESP-only tracks of investigation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:25 pm 
Nice kill lizrita! Did anybody see you. In particular, if people follow up with np's would bad stuff happen?

I told people (truthfully) that I said hi to Steven around 8:00, but was walking to my interview when he was killed. Tom keeps saying that's really sketchy but acknowledges that I'd have no reason to mention it if I were guilty.

The only time lizrita's name came up, somebody quashed that discussion, saying that lizrita was really hosed and wouldn't be over at the student center.

Jayson suggested lynching Abby, and there was some agreement, but then krue suggested ebdavis instead, and that is what the mob went for. Everybody agreed that the people in the ESP meeting were not guilty.

The general thought was that it was probably a crime of opportunity, possibly with ESP members as the intended victims.

Molly is right; we should act as townspeople in real life even when nobody else seems to be around.

I have been doing a lot of making good suggestions to the town, in the belief that they won't follow up on them, or that if they do they would have done the things anyway (questioning np's, setting up proxy chains with investigators etc.) Basically, I'm deliberately not pushing hard enough to get things done. I have a good, and genuine, cover for this: namely that I'm really hosed.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]