Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ] 
 Post subject: Plotting Day 3
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:36 am 
I believe our ideal strategy would be to have the same person (namely lizrita) to continue to carry out all the kills. This is because when (if?) lizrita is lynched, there is no dirt from old kills that can ever come up on the rest of us. This would be relevant if, say, a lazy investigator kept investigating the same old kill.

With that said, I think the practical factors favoring more dynamic mafia play outway the benefits to the above strategy. Different people have different levels of hosage at different times, different levels of access to different people, and different impromptu opportunities.

Let's continue with the policy that if you can make a good impromptu kill, do it. Besides that, stalk classes (post on the forum what time you will be stalking, so we don't, say, make two kills at 11:05. Lizrita, Raluca, Molly, Gaurav, which of you can do this?

I will be able to spend next to no time on mafia-related things over the next two days. After Friday at noon, this will change. I'll still try to nudge lynching decisions in the right (wrong?) direction if I can.

Let's keep up the trend!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:46 am 
I have a test tomorrow, so I'm not going to worry about stalking classes before then. I can think about stalking classes after the test.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:29 am 
I'm in 5.111 right now and will try to follow Abby out and kill her a little ways away after class.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:29 am 
I'm heading over to random now to sign some petitions. I might stalk some EC people later. Was kbeth off limits? Can't remember.
I agree that I should be the one to ideally get my hands dirty as often as possible, barring super convenient kills. That being said, if you pass a player in the hallway, tell me and I'll head over in that direction. I'll see if any classes are stalkable by me too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:42 am 
Wait so should I not kill Abby?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:05 pm 
Good job guys. This seems to be going well :) do we know who is likely to be mayor?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:14 pm 
Abby was killed by Raluca as I was talking to Krue, which is good in the sense that she was right there, but bad in the sense that we were right next to EC and if she doesn't remember the time correctly she might think it was definitely me on the way to or from a kill. I'd say I had just checked my phone and seen the time while talking to her but that probably looks sketchy. Idk wat do.
I suppose I shall defend myself as I would as a townie and see what happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:42 pm 
If that becomes an issue, we make sure you get investigated lizrita, since you'll come up clean :D

Separately, mafia who are making kills should pay particular attention not to be linked to or unusually supportive of other mafia. In particular, I'm a little concerned about lizrita wanting me to be mayor, especially since the consensus among those discussing it was that Josh should be mayor (though you might not have known that?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:01 pm 
kbeth is very much not of limits. In fact, she would be a particularly valuable kill, since she is more difficult than average to access (right?)

Dalton is the only definitely off limits player right now (he probably has the medkit.)

Trying to kill Enrique would be taking a substantial risk. He claimed to be ironheart to dalton, josh, and me on day 1, but frankly I don't really believe him. Killing him would be a nice coup for us, because:
1. He is an obstacle to town disorganization.
2. It would enhance trust of me, since I'm supposed to know that he's ironheart, and Dalton/Josh know this. This would be the case even if the kill fails.
3. I suspect, but do not know, that he is a particularly good player.

The downside is if the kill fails, I will have to side with Enrique, as will Josh and Dalton. You will almost certainly be lynched.

One option would be kill Enrique; if it fails kill Dalton (ostensibly using up medkit); if it fails kill someone else.

This doesn't need to be done right away, but I think it's worth very strong consideration in a few days.

In the meantime, arbitrary kills are fine. Josh would be a really nice kill to make. So would Alex. So would Krue. So would anybody where there is a natural suspect that is not any of us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:02 pm 
Although it is also important to not go with majority all the time, since then you are not forming your own opinions, which can look suspicious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:05 pm 
That's a good point. It's probably not a problem. Just something to be aware of. I can very easily imagine Alex or Enrique drudging up old posts and seeing that lizrita was one of the only ones trying to make me, rather than Josh, mayor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:58 pm 
To be fair, I would want you mayor even if I was town. Also, I stated in my post that I was signing yours because it was most available. When I went to Random to sign it and asked for Josh's as well, no one knew where his was.

Also also, in the previous game I had controversial opinions a lot of the time, which led to some people thinking I was sketchy apparently. I was not mafia that game. Hopefully people just think that's how I play by now (because it is how I play).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:34 pm 
Got it. That makes sense. And nice job with the petition. Having asked for Josh's provides good cover.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:59 pm 
Good news: Dalton investigated lizrita for abby's death; she came up innocent of course.

Bad news: The next candidate for the chopping block was molly (abby's friend, hangs out at ec, etc.)

Fortunately, Molly had "mandatory" 8.02 class at the time. That has lessened suspicion of her somewhat. Chewy seems to be the other likely lynch candidate (lives at senior house, class schedule would allow for him to murder abby.)

When I left black hole, the mob seemed to be leaning a little more toward lynching chewy. They want to talk to both him and molly; I don't know if they'll contact chewy, but molly is coming to black hole in < half an hour hopefully. Molly, I think you'll be able to persuade them of your innocence, or at least not to lynch you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:02 pm 
Also, lizrita, will zandra or anybody else know that you killed steven? This could be really important! The town knows zandra was there (and may or may not act on it; enrique will, if anybody.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:03 pm 
Finally, I'm mayor now. I'll be protecting Josh tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:49 pm 
Yay! Nice job Molly.

Remember, do not kill jfrisch tomorrow. He is under my mayoral protection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:52 pm 
From my reading of the rules, bodyguards are publicly announced to the whole town.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:54 pm 
Mayoral Protection will be posted at midnight, immediately after votes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:56 pm 
Thank God.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:58 pm 
Your welcome!!! (tee hee)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:59 pm 
*You're. I can grammar, no really!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:00 pm 
You can also edit and delete posts. It's a perk. (assuming you are actually a moderator?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:00 pm 
I am, but I don't feel that I should.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]