Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ] 
 Post subject: Plotting Day 8
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:08 am 
Bye Molly, we'll miss you so much! :cry:

Now Dalton has been acting really suspiciously. Among other things, he was trying to get krue to investigate jfrisch instead of molly, which seemed ridiculous considering the circumstances and incredibly suspicious, especially when Molly investigated positive. Jfrisch also found some of his behavior suspicious, and Alex agrees that Dalton should be lynched.

Tomorrow, krue, jfrisch, and I are forming a lynch mob against Dalton. We will be doing it in secret as much as possible (or maybe wait until a kill has been made) to prevent Dalton from making a desperado. So you guys don't know right now that there is any plot against Dalton.

Medkit was transferred from krue to Alex Arkhipov. I suspect Arkhipov may be the other investigator (he has been acting like it) but I am definitely not sure. If not, the other investigator is probably dead.

I will not necessarily know if the medkit gets transferred elsewhere. I am pretty certain at this point that krue is investigator. She should probably die fairly soon. Definitely don't kill Dalton, though. He doesn't have the medkit, but he's going to die tomorrow anyway if things go well.

We should make a kill tomorrow, and preferably early, but please, do not make a kill that will easily be traced to you. For example, if we are making a kill inside Random, Raluca or at least lizrita should do it. I can scout for you, so you know where to go to make a quick kill and get out. It's really important that the obvious suspect not be guilty.

Now would also be a good time to start considering conscription targets, but we're not in any rush to do that. Maybe krue if she doesn't get lynched. Maybe Alex Arkhipov.

For the greater good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:32 am 
Please do comment as early in the day as possible about possible kills you'd like to make. I'd like to avoid killing krue, alex, jfrisch, and dalton (for tomorrow only) because the first three are going to be helping lynch the latter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:40 am 
Perhaps someone can try to kill Elizabeth Attaway. Her address is:
McCormick Hall # 440. You can try just knocking and seeing if she'll let you in. If she asks who you are (supposedly to warn other players that you're talking alone), give her a false name, perhaps "krue."

Only do this if you can pass as a resident and avoid signing in at desk (this restricts possible killers to girls.)

Treat this as an example of a possible assassination plan. Go ahead and come up with others. It's just going to be more difficult to make impromptu kills, because people aren't around main campus as much during the weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:01 pm 
Hey guys, plan with me here! The town is in severe danger of dying to apathy. Let's not let that happen to us.

If nobody is able to make a (good) kill today, I may conscript somebody. I believe, though, that that is a premature move. In particular, I want to wait until jfrisch uses his 'count the mafia' power; I don't want him to use that power and see that there are 5 mafia left (as would be the case if we conscripted somebody first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:02 pm 
I can't go to mccormick today, but I can probably get my friend to let me in tomorrow or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:15 pm 
Ok, but only if you can get in without signing in at desk (which I think is difficult for a guy to do.) People will check the mccormick sign in sheet (I would bring it up if I were a townsperson, and I'm sure somebody will independently come up with the idea.) I mean, you could sign in with a name other than your own (the fact that this would be so easy to do is one of the reason's that I think the mccormick security system, and the west campus systems in general, are rather pathetic) but that feels too sketchy and I won't endorse it.

Raluca or lizrita, can you guys do that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:36 pm 
I would prefer not to upset the status quo today by killing somebody at Random. I want the "lynch Dalton" plan to go as smoothly as possible.

Looking at the player list, I'd like to kill dontony. He lives in next house, room 244. The kill method should be the same as the one I described for Elizabeth Attaway: knock on his door, and kill him when he opens it.

When I was a freshman, Next House security was a cinch to bypass: just walk in acting like you belong there. It should be especially easy during dining hours, when I believe any MIT student's ID card will let them in.

However, if you are stopped and asked to sign in or something, do not make the kill!

Alternately, you can get a friend at Next House to let you in, provided you can make them promise to keep quiet.

Do any of you know what "dontony" looks like; I can't tell from his facebook page (though we're not facebook friends.) I don't want to accidentally scare his roommate!

For any of these "knock on the door and kill them when they open it" plans, be aware that the target will likely not be in his/her dorm room. This is not a reliable kill method. As such, it should be done early in the day (which at the current time means ASAP) rather than shortly before midnight. If the target doesn't answer, you can always return a couple hours later.

Gaurav?
lizrita?
Raluca?

Can any of you guys do this soon, or otherwise make a reasonable kill? Even if you can't, please respond to say so, so the rest of us aren't expecting anything from you today.

Happy hunting! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:52 pm 
Also, I'm about to go out to dinner with some friends. Text me, if you need something. Remember to message everybody when you make a kill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:54 pm 
And Alex is probably about to post about the plan to lynch Dalton. Respond however seems most natural to you, given what you're supposed to know. Raluca, you probably shouldn't respond at all, given how inactive you've been on the forum (unless you have a good reason for suddenly jumping into the game)...funny I'm giving that advice given all my pleas for the town to get more involved in the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:53 pm 
I have sooo much work to do! But I'm going to the Bonfire party tonight anyways. Should there be a kill and manipulate the press or just a kill or no Random kills ever? Adam is going with me, but he's under protection. I worry that even if I MtP I'll be suspected.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:03 pm 
Raluca, can you attempt to make a kill at McCormick (elizabeth attaway) or next house (dontony)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:15 pm 
Since people (at least Adam) will know that you're there, I do not think you should make the kill on bonfire. I'll tell you if plans change, but I really don't like the idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:44 pm 
To be fair, I was gone camping most of Saturday and yesterday and posted this. I'll try to get dontony, he was in my deecs group, however last time I went to next they required me to sign in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:13 pm 
Yeah they made me sign in. Though I think it was partially because I was dumb and wandered around for a bit looking lost because there was some sort of band rehearsal blocking the way and I didn't know where to go. If you go now you can get in with your id and not do what I did and that might work. Unfortunately I'm not free the rest of the night.
dontony = Antonio Moreno, he is the kid with the grey sweatshirt in his profile picture. Let me know if you want me to email you a pic of him or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:57 pm 
How was camping? That sounds awesome!

Good try with dontony. We should try again tomorrow.

My main plan, at this point is conscription. I will probably attempt to conscript Alex Arkhipov.

I really do not want to no-kill today without conscripting, because then conscription would be our 4th no-kill, triggering the penalty. However, it is much better to no-kill than to make a bad kill.

Alex recently pm'ed me. He is suspicious of krue. He believes that Dalton mafia -> krue mafia. His logic is that if krue had revealed herself as an investigator to dalton, dalton would have conscripted her by now. He plans to start a lynch mob for krue tomorrow. He really doesn't want to give the medkit back to her, which is making krue really anxious.

Given this, I would ideally like to allow krue/dalton/alex to continue annihilating each other. But how are we going to make a kill today, then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:09 pm 
There have been two no kill days, today would be three (no penalty).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:10 pm 
Interestingly, though, I don't fully agree with Alex's logic in his pm to me. I'm probably just being paranoid, but I am somewhat concerned that he (and possibly krue as well) are trying to trap me by getting me to bandwagon onto a bad idea. I think this is considerably less likely than Alex simply distrusting krue, but my trap radar is activating.

Lizrita, if you can slip away during the bonfire party and make a kill before Adam realizes you are gone, that would be good. Kill targets could include jfrisch and jayson lynch.

Can I get confirmation from everybody, though, that you will not be able to make a kill at mccormick or next house tonight?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:24 pm 
I don't have time to leave random today, but I might be able to use the confusion of the party to kill someone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:24 pm 
I won't make a kill anywhere tonight.

Camping was great, we went on a very scenic hike.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:55 pm 
Executive order : DO NOT MAKE A KILL OR CONSCRIPTION. I WILL BE DOING THAT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:03 pm 
I've conscripted Alex.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:27 am 
Welcome Alex!!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]